Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Cannibalism Case?

questionmark

Over a decade after a similar case shocked the world, a German daily reported Friday that a German police officer may have seduced and murdered a man he met on a cannibalism website. The suspect has been arrested.

Twelve years after the Armin Meiwes case shocked Germany and the world, another bizarre cannibal-fetish murder has, according to media reports, taken place in Germany. Police on Wednesday found body parts on a property in the Ore mountains, in the eastern German state of Saxony, that, according to German tabloid Bild, came from a murder carried out as part of a cannibal fetish act. The body parts are believed to belong to a 59-year-old man from Hanover, while the main suspect, who, according to Bild, owns the property on which the remains were found, is a 55-year-old police officer.

Read more

• Like 1

Now this takes bizarre to a whole new level. Who answers an add in a cannibalism website?

• Like 3

Now this takes bizarre to a whole new level. Who answers an add in a cannibalism website?

People who greet you with the phrase, 'Pleased to eat you!'. (lol)

• Like 8

Due to the crop dusting chemicals absorbed into food it has been announced that Americans are inedible. (Edited by the local Cannibal Society)

• Like 3

Bizarre is right, but I saw a movie based on the Armin Meiwes case and bizarre is hardly enough of a word to describe the situation. The "victim" actually wanted to be eaten and spelled out exactly how he wanted it to be carried out. Some portions while he was still alive.

There is an extremely deviant sexual component to it and spans the globe. Anyone remember the case of the Japanese man who had himself surgically castrated then sold off 5 seats to a dinner he was cooking featuring said removed member?

Yeah, seriously gross. One "guest" described the entree as "chewy".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/mao-sugiyama-indecent-exposure_n_1897449.html

• Like 2

If he works in an office, does he say, "Hold all my calls, I have a meating across town to attend..."

Edited by Mantis914
  • Like 3

If he works in an office, does he say, "Hold all my calls, I have a meating across town to attend..."

That's just bad.
  • Like 2

Is eating human flesh a crime?

If the person who wanted to get eaten kills themselves and lets you eat them, is it wrong?

Yeah cannibalism is a crime.

desecration of a corpse if they're already dead.

attempted murder/ assault w/ a deadly weapon/murder if theyre alive .

Theres not direct anti canniballism laws in the US.

but theres ways to prosecute it

Better yet, why do such websites even exist?

Edited by Maureen_jacobs
  • Like 2

in related news:

Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area

New information about an alleged case of cannibalism in Germany suggests the suspect was immersed in the online fetish world, and had discussed a similar act with another willing potential victim. He ran a bed and breakfast which advertised its grilling facilities.

In recent days, new details have emerged in a bizarre alleged cannibalism case in Germany. The murder, which recalls a notorious killing perpetrated by Armin Meiwes in 2001, was allegedly committed by a 55-year-old police officer working as a handwriting analyst in the Dresden office of the State Criminal Police. The man has admitted to killing a 59-year-old Polish-born businessman from Hanover, whom he allegedly met on a cannibalism fantasy forum and whose body he allegedly dismembered and buried on a property belonging to him in the Ore Mountains, near the Czech border. The police officer -- thus far only known by his first name and last initial, Detlef G. -- disputes consuming any part of his victim.

Read more

Better yet, why do such websites even exist?

Totally bizarre... but apparently there is a fetish where people actually WANT to be eaten... in the literal sense.

In the Armin Meiwes case, the "victim" wanted his member bitten off, prepped and cooked in a certain way, then it was to be consumed by candle lit dinner by him and Meiwes.

It happened and the "victim" had the entire act filmed to protect Meiwes from prosecution. Don't think it worked though. When Meiwes finished the body off, he went back online to look for another donor and was busted.

Yes, SICK.

Yeah, I think that's allowed.

On a similar note theres a couple who, upon their marriage bit each other's left ring finger off.

because people are very, very silly

• Like 1

On a similar note theres a couple who, upon their marriage bit each other's left ring finger off.

That brought to mind a short story I read years ago but can't remember the author. Long story short; a guy get's stuck on a desert island starts to get hungry and figures that he doesn't need his big toe and then later, well he decides to eat his remaining toes. This goes on for a while...

I can't remember how it ended or how much of him was left. If anyone remembers the story or the author it would be much appreciated. :)

Suddenly I'm hungry.

Sounds more like a divorce thing
  • Like 1

That brought to mind a short story I read years ago but can't remember the author. Long story short; a guy get's stuck on a desert island starts to get hungry and figures that he doesn't need his big toe and then later, well he decides to eat his remaining toes. This goes on for a while...

I can't remember how it ended or how much of him was left. If anyone remembers the story or the author it would be much appreciated. :)

Suddenly I'm hungry.

Stephen King, it was in "Welcome to the Skeleton Crew"

i loved that story

• Like 2

Is eating human flesh a crime?

If the person who wanted to get eaten kills themselves and lets you eat them, is it wrong?

I mean if all parties want to do it I see no problem.

But we do have laws against it.

• Like 1

Why did I read this just before my lunch...

• Like 1

sounds vile.

no offence towards the poor guy who's dead

but I think he must of being a right werido

to be on a horrible site lkie that.

how and why do these sites exist?