Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Friday madness

F3SS

So I guess I had never really watched these Black Friday videos before. Maybe a news clip here or there but I've mostly just read about them. So I finally decided to watch a few. The one I'm posting is a compilation from last year. There are already a bunch of videos from today out there. They all seem similar but seeing the clips strung together makes you feel it in scale. This is madness. You can't stop it though. Nobody can tell these companies that they can't have a sale. I doubt the big corporations are going to come together and sign an end to Black Friday treaty. I don't know. Just stay away is what I'll do. Seeing people act like this is really disturbing.

And here's a dozen more from today.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/29/black-eyed-friday-here-are-some-of-the-crazy-shopping-stories-of-the-day-so-far/

• Like 5

So I guess I had never really watched these Black Friday videos before. Maybe a news clip here or there but I've mostly just read about them. So I finally decided to watch a few. The one I'm posting is a compilation from last year. There are already a bunch of videos from today out there. They all seem similar but seeing the clips strung together makes you feel it in scale. This is madness. You can't stop it though. Nobody can tell these companies that they can't have a sale. I doubt the big corporations are going to come together and sign an end to Black Friday treaty. I don't know. Just stay away is what I'll do. Seeing people act like this is really disturbing.

[media=]

[/media]

And here's a dozen more from today.

http://www.theblaze....the-day-so-far/

It is disturbing, and ironic that this occurs one day (and now the same day) as the U.S.'s national holiday of being thankful for what you have.

• Like 7

Well, not everyone acts like this. My in laws go to Black Friday, at the local Wal Mart, and although there were some ******** most were courteous and polite. A lady even saved my MIL place in line, while she got some movies for the grandkids. The only thing that was bad, were the Wal Mart workers who didn't even know what they had on sale.....grrrrrr.....

• Like 3

My god...we are literally just consumers. We don't hunt or gather, rarely do we do anything that benefits humanity as a whole, our basic survival skills are long gone..

Here's another good one:

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 5

I want to see fights! I want to see brawls!! I want to see what hoardes of animals walmart has BROUGHT US BACK to being... like cavemen... we all shall be Wal-Slaves one day.

I want to see fights! I want to see brawls!! I want to see what hoardes of animals walmart has BROUGHT US BACK to being... like cavemen... we all shall be Wal-Slaves one day.

As much criticism as I have for a lot of corporations in the U.S., this yearly event is on the people of this country.

• Like 6

People buying things they don`t really need, people getting into a frenzy over something they do not even want , but others have gone into a frenzy....and it just seemed the "thing" to do.

What a well and truly advance civilized society we are not.

• Like 7

Thats true.,.. Why is a pregnant woman at the front running in... then she fell and had to be hospitalized... idiot... only in detroit. she may have done it on purpose.

• Like 2

Just my opinion:

But when it comes to worldwide team sports and all the violent fan behavior, that is somehow different? Why?

Should we ban certain team sports? How many fans watched American football on Turkey Day. How many (teams, announcers, fans in the stands, stadium workers, refs, etc) were away from family that day? How many fans get drunk and fight the game out again later or in the parking lot or stands?

It is a small world. And ugly human behavior is not simply a product of or limited to a Black Friday in November involving shoppers.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

The whole thing is absurd. The same deals can be found online or have been running in those same stores for several days already. The big "hook" items (50" TV for $150, for example) are in VERY limited quantities - maybe 3-4 a store - and you have to be at the very front of the line to get them. And that same $150 TV will probably be only $200 next week - opportunity costs my friend.

• Like 2

The whole thing is absurd. The same deals can be found online or have been running in those same stores for several days already. The big "hook" items (50" TV for $150, for example) are in VERY limited quantities - maybe 3-4 a store - and you have to be at the very front of the line to get them. And that same $150 TV will probably be only $200 next week - opportunity costs my friend.

Agreed. Apparently the biggest competitor for "brick and mortar" stores isn't each other, but online stores like Amazon. More people are choosing to just stay home and shop which is driving the big box places nuts.

Also, the deals suck this year. You're right about the TV's for sure. All my favorite electronics places are having MASSIVE SALES 50% OFF!!!!!!1111

...USB sticks and last-gen cameras.

• Like 2

My god...we are literally just consumers. We don't hunt or gather, rarely do we do anything that benefits humanity as a whole, our basic survival skills are long gone..

Here's another good one:

[media=]

[/media]

hahahah watch 3 mins till 3,35 ,, damn thats scary ,, imagine those are zombies haahahahah
  • Like 1

That's true.

The Wal Mart near me, nothing was as it was advertised. The employees didn't know what was advertised. They only had 8 of the nabi tablets for $99 and nothing, I mean nothing, on the ad said they were limited to so many customers! I'm not a materialistic person by any means, but, when my little boy wants something for Christmas, he will get it, come hell or high water.

My MIL wanted to get a tv for me and my husband, for our new House but they didn't have it, and acted like it didn't exist. Idiots. She just ordered it online when she came home.

They'll probably have these same deals a few days from now, especially online. People just need to take a deep breath, and realize you won't look good in stripes for hitting someone for taking the last $150 flat screen TV.

• Like 1

People just need to take a deep breath, and realize you won't look good in stripes for hitting someone for taking the last $150 flat screen TV.

I wish they could put signs up on the windows that said just that.

• Like 2

Agreed. Apparently the biggest competitor for "brick and mortar" stores isn't each other, but online stores like Amazon. More people are choosing to just stay home and shop which is driving the big box places nuts.

Also, the deals suck this year. You're right about the TV's for sure. All my favorite electronics places are having MASSIVE SALES 50% OFF!!!!!!1111

...USB sticks and last-gen cameras.

Yeah, I think shopping online is the best bet. Saves, you from having to stand in line for hours for something that might not be there when you get there.

• Like 1

I dont go anywhere on black friday..i make sure i have everything i need in my apt and just hunker down for one day of the worst people and drivers trying to rush to get that "awesome" deal..of crap they don't even need...

• Like 3

I wish they could put signs up on the windows that said just that.

Thanks, they should.

People should remember:

"The only thing saving your life, is I don't look good in Orange and I hate stripes...." :)

• Like 1

Most of the time the stuff is cheap off brands and are junk to start with. I ordered some stuff yesterday online for the neighbor kids. Some of it went on sale today so the neighbor kid called and they said they will adjust the price on my card. Why go through all the black Friday non sense when you can just shop at home.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 1

The reason there are only 3-4 in store is because the other 12,000 just imported from China are in the warehouse being shipped out to people buying on-line.

The stores will put up their carrot 3-4 knowing people will also buy other reduced lines...lines no one was buying on line cos they were tat then too.

People are so gullible.

It's sickening. We're all mindlessly buying into consumerism.

Like we're all brainwashed with buying and needing to own stuff.

We had our Thanksgiving today and the only way to get to my brother-in-law's house is to pass a huge mall. I was shocked to see it look like a normal weekday, not even like a weekend.

My husband and I stopped doing Christmas presents years ago. We make Christmas Day a gift to people who don't have a family to spend it with...or a place to get away from family, whichever the case may be. :lol:

• Like 4

Black Friday Death Count website.

Now see, if this was about guns, the government would be all over it, but since it's corporations making off our backs, it's OK.

I think anyone with documented mental illness should not be allowed to go shopping on black Friday, how about that one Obama.

>_<'''

http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1