Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we hiding the truth

shadowghost

One of the things I believe is look to the past and you can predict the future. One of the things that bugs me is how much of life's problems and atrocities we hide from the unknowing youth. By this I am saying that the things we view as horrible and unacceptable atrocities we hide from the youth allowing them no opportunity to see what people are capable of. Some examples can be the holocaust ,mass murders, suicide and rape. Look at what you were taught v.s what the generations are taught now. We were shown exactly what happened and it put fear into us for the fact of us being unable to believe humans would do that to one another.

I believe if we want to improve upon our world we must first understand and be willing to accept what we as a human species has done to one another. We must not lie to our children or tell half the truth we must show what ugly deeds we have done. In doing so we can accomplish a better moral understanding of what is right and wrong and what happens if we ignore basic moral conduct.

• Like 4

I agree, but as a child I was taught about the Holocaust and many other things you listed, I don't see how schools could possibly not teach about the holocaust since it was such a big thing. Although, there are people who believe it never happened.. And sometimes you can't sway someone from what they believe...

But I agree, we can predict the future from the past, and if we don't learn from our mistakes and pass on the knowledge to the next generations, they will be doomed to make the same mistakes all over again.

We just have to tell them all the gory and terrible details of the past and hope that they listen and remember.

Edited by Nighthawk9653

In 1999 or so I watched a movie that scared me a lot. It was called event horizon and it was about a spaceship going to the edges of the universe on a rescue mission and encountering hell inside of that other ship. they found a recording in ship and in latin they hear someone say "save me" later they listen it again when things go real bad and find out that they are mistaken about what is said..the guy in the recording calling them from hell and is saying "save yourself"

I can never forget that movie. What I want to say is if you happen to find yourself in hell, there is no saving of earth or youth or anything, you can only save yourself. :)

Edited by thyra

One of the things I believe is look to the past and you can predict the future. One of the things that bugs me is how much of life's problems and atrocities we hide from the unknowing youth. By this I am saying that the things we view as horrible and unacceptable atrocities we hide from the youth allowing them no opportunity to see what people are capable of. Some examples can be the holocaust ,mass murders, suicide and rape. Look at what you were taught v.s what the generations are taught now. We were shown exactly what happened and it put fear into us for the fact of us being unable to believe humans would do that to one another.

I believe if we want to improve upon our world we must first understand and be willing to accept what we as a human species has done to one another. We must not lie to our children or tell half the truth we must show what ugly deeds we have done. In doing so we can accomplish a better moral understanding of what is right and wrong and what happens if we ignore basic moral conduct.

Good point. Evil is a human problem, which at times seems to have us by the neck. We do the same thing every generation, but get better at it, our weapons get more dangerous as well as impersonal in their use.....drones for example.

We lose touch with our heart, our deepest desires, which are not by the way power or greed. It is called love, or we long to be seen, if not then we seek it in other ways.

I believe that God truly sees us, loves us, and in knowing that, trusting that, it can be experienced.

Peace

Mark

In 1999 or so I watched a movie that scared me a lot. It was called event horizon and it was about a spaceship going to the edges of the universe on a rescue mission and encountering hell inside of that other ship. they found a recording in ship and in latin they hear someone say "save me" later they listen it again when things go real bad and find out that they are mistaken about what is said..the guy in the recording calling them from hell and is saying "save yourself"

I can never forget that movie. What I want to say is if you happen to find yourself in hell, there is no saving of earth or youth or anything, you can only save yourself. :)

Hands down that was a very freaky movie I watch it as a kid and later just recently. The quote is very truthful and make an incredible difference.

I agree, but as a child I was taught about the Holocaust and many other things you listed, I don't see how schools could possibly not teach about the holocaust since it was such a big thing. Although, there are people who believe it never happened.. And sometimes you can't sway someone from what they believe...

But I agree, we can predict the future from the past, and if we don't learn from our mistakes and pass on the knowledge to the next generations, they will be doomed to make the same mistakes all over again.

We just have to tell them all the gory and terrible details of the past and hope that they listen and remember.

I agree with you and I fear that the majority of the population would rather forget what happened then actually try to prevent the past from becoming the future.