Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Tully Saucer UFO

zoser

At 9:00 am on January 19, 1966, a calm sunny day, a 28 year old banana farmer named George Pedley was driving a tractor near Horseshoe Lagoon on the property of Albert Pennisi, near Tully, in tropical far north Queensland, Australia. When he was about 25 yards from the lagoon, he heard a loud hissing sound above the noise of the tractor.

Suddenly, an object rose out of the swamp. When I glanced at it, it was already 30 feet above the ground, and at about tree-top level. It was a large, grey, saucer-shaped object, convex on the top and bottom and measured some 25 feet across and 9 feet high.

While I watched, it rose another 30 feet, spinning very fast, then it made a shallow dive and took off with tremendous speed. Climbing at an angle of 45 degrees it disappeared within seconds in a south-westerly direction...

Another surprise came when Pedley rounded the bend of the road and came to the spot from which the object had risen. There in the lagoon was a large circular area that was clear of reeds and in which the water was rotating slowly. It had not been like that three hours earlier when he had passed the lagoon. After looking around, he got back on the tractor and left.................

Read More

http://www.ufocasebook.com/tullysaucernest.html

TullyNest2.jpg

pondufo.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for your post Zoser. Over the years, Queensland, is most definitely a hot spot for ufo's.

• Like 1

This has previously been discussed, no idea why zoser is posting again...

This is an interesting case not least because it left a kind of a crop circle effect behind that lasted for a long time.

Here is probably a better overview of the case. Paste this into youtube and fast forward to 39:10.

USOs 'Unidentified Submerged Objects' Phenomena [FULL VIDEO]

Samples were taken and shown to be high in Beta type radiation. The case was examined thoroughly by Bill Chalker.

George Pedley was driving his tractor through a friend's farmland when his machine started to experience engine problems. It was then that he saw the saucer and heard a hissing sound. The craft took off at high speed.

Other 'nests' were later seen in the area.

Edited by zoser

This has previously been discussed, no idea why zoser is posting again...

I didn't realise it had and I check in here every day.

It doesn't do any harm anyway; maybe we can get some new input into the case.

This case along with other USO reports makes me wonder where saucers actually come from.

What are the options? Was it hiding in there? It raises all sort of interesting questions about where they come from and how they appear in this ecology.

Bill Chalker's review:

http://www.project19...rum/bctully.htm

Edited by zoser

There was some confusion with regard to the direction of the nest spiral which persisted in various accounts over the years. The Pedley "nest" had a clockwise swirl. This aspect at least ruled out one explanation. The Brisbane paper, The Courier Mail, of January 25th, 1966, stated, "RAAF officials discounted the theory that 'nests' have been made by helicopters. The RAAF said that in depressions left by helicopters the grass usually ran in an anti-clockwise direction - the main nest found at Tully ran in a clockwise direction."

http://www.project19...rum/bctully.htm

Edited by zoser

Thanks for your post Zoser. Over the years, Queensland, is most definitely a hot spot for ufo's.

Only because it's full of lunatics whose only pasttime is getting blind-rotten drunk.

• Like 5

Only because it's full of lunatics whose only pasttime is getting blind-rotten drunk.

Banana benders are what we are called, not only are we drunks but every single one of us are stoners. In the town I live , I have yet to meet a person who hasn't witnessed a ufo . For example , the owner of a furniture store here was followed for a distance of 80klms by a "light" on a mountainous bendy road with thick rainforest each side (it was in the forest),he is also the captain of our fire brigade. Tully isn't far from here, and neither is cardwell, I have seen ufos here also, and just recently my son's friend with his father videoed a "lava lamp light " like thing hovering around their house. Truely, the stories are endless , but as the Sir said, many, lunatics as well.

I was joking about everyone being drunks, but they sure like a scooby doo and Tully has the best **** :yes:?

• Like 1

We reckon we saw something odd when we were out Barcaldine way to bury my grandparents - we were out on a friend of the family's selection.

We also saw min-mins, that was unsettling.

There is no way this case can be easily dismissed. Check out the link in post 8 for other similar cases in the area.

There is no way this case can be easily dismissed. Check out the link in post 8 for other similar cases in the area.

Mate, I live here.

And I've been there. The ease I dismiss such statements is based on my own eyewitness statements. I thought you liked those.

• Like 3

Mate, I live here.

And I've been there. The ease I dismiss such statements is based on my own eyewitness statements. I thought you liked those.

Isn't there a small hint of prejudice there WoH?

Isn't there a small hint of prejudice there WoH?

Because I call a spade a spade, or in this case frequently and dangerously drunk people frequently and dangerously drunk?

On the main street of Barcaldine there are, at my last count, seven pubs. The main street is at best a kilometer long. Think on that, before you assume that eyewitnesses are reliable here in outback Queensland.

Because I call a spade a spade, or in this case frequently and dangerously drunk people frequently and dangerously drunk?

On the main street of Barcaldine there are, at my last count, seven pubs. The main street is at best a kilometer long. Think on that, before you assume that eyewitnesses are reliable here in outback Queensland.

The case was thoroughly examined by Bill Chalker. See above link. No mention anywhere regarding the source being dubious.

The case has plenty of analogues. Look up the cases of Edwin Fuhr, Renato Nicolai, and Stephen Michalak.

From the link:

In another unusual twist, Albert Pennisi told a reporter from the Sydney, Australia newspaper The Sun that he had been dreaming about a UFO landing on his property for a week:

Dreams and UFO's. Seems to be more than one connection.

Yeah, nothing like some bent reeds to prove extra terrestrial visitors are coming to Queensland.

No doubt you consider Min Min lights to be wee ET spacecraft.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

What I have learned from the vid is that crop cycles were developed in Australia.

Up until today I was in the opinion, they were developed in the UK/Scotland.

• Like 1

What I have learned from the vid is that crop cycles were developed in Australia.

Up until today I was in the opinion, they were developed in the UK/Scotland.

Nah. Crop circle manufacture by people came much later. The original ones were not man made, and a good proportion of the ones we see today are not either.

In any case how about jumping into a lagoon to make a crop circle?

Fancy that? See OP; the USO emerged from the swamp and left behind the swirled effect in the reeds.

I don't buy any man made theory on this one.

There's no UFO sightings in Australia.

That's right.

Psyche told us as much.

There's no UFO sightings in Australia.

You must have cotton wool in your ears lad. We have UFO's Min Mins are regarded as UFO's, it's aliens we don't have. Heck Spacenut thinks Min Mins be wee ET spacecraft!! Who knows what you can see if you really want to see it!! But seeing and being might not be the same thing here.....

You always stuff up abuse cases and forget the sex freaks too, you're just not taking me seriously are you.

Edited by psyche101

That's right.

Psyche told us as much.

I do not believe you knew that at all, you do not read posts.

• Like 2

Yeah, nothing like some bent reeds to prove extra terrestrial visitors are coming to Queensland.

Everyone else comes to Queensland for their holidays.

• Like 1

:rofl::tu:

Looking at the Tully Saucer case, maybe they don't visit Queensland; they just exit from there. Who knows where that thing originated from; all we know is that is emerged from a swamp there.