Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans evolved after a female chimpanzee mate

sean6

This hypothesis is poorly supported, and without supporting evidence other scientists are going to ignore this guy. It doesn't matter who he is, where he teaches, how 'brilliant' he may be, without any evidence no one's going to take him seriously.

• Like 4

We are apparently 95% identical to a chimpanzee at an "overall genome level". There is no need for pigs and chimps to mate in the equation when there is only a 5% level of mutation involved surely?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/2005/08/0831_050831_chimp_genes.html

To say he is stretching credulity is putting it mildly, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

I have no doubt that humans have had sex with many animals, so why hasn't anything like this happened again..? People are STILL have sex with animals and not conceiving. There are flaws in your argument..

But seriously. Wtf america, you're like the next Japan.

• Like 3

There are something like 80 million years since chimps and pigs shared a common ancestor. There are 5 - 7 million years since humans and chimps share an ancestor. Pigs have 38 chromosomes, chimps 48, and humans 46. Humans and chimps most likely are too separated to produce viable offspring though we are much more closely related than pig and chimps. Even than pigs and chimps would have been 10 mya. And you are going to suggest that they could produce viable offspring? I don't think so.

How would you account for all the traits that we don't share with the other primates, yet share with pigs? (They're listed earlier for reference.)

How would you account for all the traits that we don't share with the other primates, yet share with pigs? (They're listed earlier for reference.)

Besides that....we eat pigs...we don't eat monkeys...

Besides that....we eat pigs...we don't eat monkeys...

if someone were to buy monkeys just to eat...would that be illegal?

...hypothetically, for a friend of mine.

• Like 4

evolution. The fact that one set of our genes fused. Why was homo habilis not hairless if the property comes from chimps breeding with pigs before we split with chimps? Whatever the cause this idea won't fly because pigs and chimps can't produce viable offspring. If they can then show me one. Should be easy enough to test.
  • Like 1

We share characteristics with pigs because we eat the same sorts of things and therefore evolved similarly for this. This is called convergent evolution, where two different species evolve kinda toward each other if they have similar life styles.

• Like 4

I have no doubt that humans have had sex with many animals, so why hasn't anything like this happened again..? People are STILL have sex with animals and not conceiving. There are flaws in your argument..

And with geese too. Doubt much comes of that except a lot of noise.

I'm sure there is a market for that somewhere...

African scientists warn that eating monkeys and apes could cause 'the next HIV'

80% of meat eaten in Cameroon is bushmeat including gorilla and chimp

HIV-like virus called 'Simian foamy virus' could jump to humans, say researchers

Hunters become infected with Simian virus

Meat has also caused mass deaths possibly due to Ebola

LINK

Edited by joc

At least in the US, it depends on the state. Most have laws regarding which animals can be considered food and which animals cannot.

they are being so absurd to the point that its the same saying that my cat is a cross between a a little chick and a rabit only becasue is yellow and he looks like a rabit when is smeling things xD

• Like 2

they are being so absurd to the point that its the same saying that my cat is a cross between a a little chick and a rabit only becasue is yellow and he looks like a rabit when is smeling things xD

...sounds like a legitimate coorelation if you ask me...

...besides...everyone already knows that cats came from rabbit chicks.

• Like 1

So when I eat pork, I'm a cannibal now!

oink!

Cannibals have compared the taste of human flesh to pork and have nicknamed it "long pork". Look it up, you'll even fiind sickening recipes online.

• Like 2

Go to Walmart on Black Friday and try to tell me that this theory isn't correct. Nothing like seeing a gaggle of fat, weave wearing ghetto trash fighting over-weight white women in pajamas over a Chinese made Barbie doll made by seven year olds. Useless

• Like 2

But the good news is if you meet a pig and fall in love there should be no objection to marrying her

• Like 3

No wonder my wife calls me a "pig" at times. Now I don't feel so bad... :passifier:

• Like 5