Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bridgewater Mass. sighting, Nov. 20th

Spacenut56

what are these?

[media=]

[/media]

Some are saying Chinese lanterns but they appear to be too fast. Interesting footage; the camera man was certainly impressed anyway!

• Like 1

Are the Chinese lanterns dangerous for aviation? They can raise up higher to 1000 feet lol. Wondering what happens if the go in to the vent of a jet engine or even it's turbines.

I have a wallpaper that has these in it. I always kinda wondered where the picture came from and tended to think of them as lights in the dark forest of beings I don't want to encounter.

what are these?

[media=]

[/media]

Are they in the air?

The clip keeps pushing upwards, like he is trying to cover the fact that despite the comments of "straight up" that does not seem to be the case at all.

I would take a guess that is some sort of night sports event on an adjacent hill. Bikes headlights or something similar I would think. Perhaps at the end of a race, or start of it, all gathering to a start point.

Edited by psyche101

Are the Chinese lanterns dangerous for aviation? They can raise up higher to 1000 feet lol. Wondering what happens if the go in to the vent of a jet engine or even it's turbines.

It all that has honestly stopped me form sending up a few UFO's of my own to entertain the kids.

I see planes all the time, I assume I am in a flight path, but pretty high above me.

Edited by psyche101

what are these?

[media=]

[/media]

Chinese lanterns. Simple. Thats why they are never filmed descending, only ever ascending, and no-one ever bothers to look for traces of where they may have 'took off' from even if they really think its ufo's. Go figure! If I saw a load of lights rising over a field Id for sure go look for landing evidence.

But in the case of these lanterns, no-one ever thinks of that :tu:

• Like 2

Some are saying Chinese lanterns but they appear to be too fast. Interesting footage; the camera man was certainly impressed anyway!

What's the maximum speed of a Chinese Lantern?

They could be. Any debris in a jet intake can damage the turbine.

They are known to start fires if they come down before burning out.

what are these?

That is EXACTLY what it looked like the last time we played with Chinese lanterns.

They could be. Any debris in a jet intake can damage the turbine.

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running. They test them by throwing chunks of ice into the intakes. They even test them with dead chickens. A Chinese lantern would go through them like butter.

But Chinese lanterns have (finally) been banned in many parts of the country. Some people have figured out it's not a good idea to send fire floating uncontrolled into the sky, especially during the summer.

• Like 1

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running.

Man sucked in Jet engine... (and lived)

Jet engines are designed to take in ridiculous amounts of debris and continue running. They test them by throwing chunks of ice into the intakes. They even test them with dead chickens. A Chinese lantern would go through them like butter.

But Chinese lanterns have (finally) been banned in many parts of the country. Some people have figured out it's not a good idea to send fire floating uncontrolled into the sky, especially during the summer.

Yeah, I have seen the tests where they launch frozen chickens into running turbines. Ain't pretty. The engines usually survive it but not without damage.

I agree with the Chinese Lanterns theory. Looks exactly like what I've experienced the few times I've seen them.

What's the maximum speed of a Chinese Lantern?

Chinese Lantern camouflaged aliens speed can take up to 98.247km/h within the earth atmosphere meanwhile. That´s confirmed.

Man sucked in Jet engine... (and lived)

Yeah, he did not make it to the turbine blades. Had that happened, his head would have become a fine red mist on the carrier deck.

Edited by sinewave