Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guy Throws $1K Away at Mall

Eldorado

'A Minnesota man wanting to spread some holiday cheer made it rain -- money that is.

Serge Vorobyov stood on the fourth floor of the Mall of America during a holiday concert on Friday and began tossing money to the people down below. Altogether, he threw down $1,000 in dollar bills.'

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=9344579

He was arrested, of course. :(

'A Minnesota man wanting to spread some holiday cheer made it rain -- money that is.

Serge Vorobyov stood on the fourth floor of the Mall of America during a holiday concert on Friday and began tossing money to the people down below. Altogether, he threw down $1,000 in dollar bills.'

Source: http://abclocal.go.c...arre&id=9344579

[media=]

[/media]

He was arrested, of course. :(

El you have obviously never been to a Mardi Gras parade! Man, people will stomp all over each other for plastic trinkets, beads and a few pieces of candy thrown into the crowd from "floats". I may be an old geezer but if I saw cash fluttering to the ground a few feet away and I was in a crowded place I would move in the opposite direction - for my health's sake :w00t:
  • Like 1

Thanks for the vid El. NO, it didn't cause a riot. With all the vids of the whackyness that that went on Black Friday, this does show Christmas Spirit in a good way. Few of those other people got charged with disturbing the peace although they used each other as battering rams to smash down store doors and ripped apart displays. This poor guy was. For the size of the mall this happened in, those people were well behaved.

• Like 1

The big wigs wanna know where he got the cash ... seems there were reports of the tills being skimmed ...