Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone heard of this author?

Shou

Hi again, folks.

I noticed there was a paranormal literature section here, and naturally, I had to look, being an avid reader myself. Before I ask, I should probably explain a bit.

Way back in elemntary school, the school library was split in half- fiction in the left half, non-fiction/informative on the right. One of the first shelves in the right half (right above the religious texts. Yeah, I still can't believe it) was the one I visited most often: the paranormal shelf. I thumbed through the old worn books on that shelf more times than I could count. One of the books (the title I have forgotten) I read the most (reading to the class one one occasion, even) was written by a man named Daniel Cohen. I never was able to dig anything up on the guy, but I still remember a lot about the book. It was a collection of eyewitness reports and the histories of certain cryptids/entities. Specifically, Moth Man (my favorite cryptid), the Jersey Devil, Spring-Heeled Jack, and the Hairy Hand- an ugly, green, hairy hand that seemed to haunt a certain stretch of country road in Dartmoor that liked to clamp to driver's hands and force them off the road and make them crash- if not that, then make them veer or swerve violently. It was published sometime in the 80s- 1987, I think- and had a rather abstract cover illustration. This was what really got me into cryptozoology, alongside other similar books.

The library at my middle school wasn't as organized, but it also had a shelf for books of the same subject. Cohen was on it as well- but he had three or so books on UFOs and aliens. I didn't read those until 2 years ago, and once again I tried to find something on him. And, once again, nothing.

So, I'm asking you guys if you've ever read anything by thie guy. Thanks in advance. C:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shou

• Skep B

• Samyann

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that helped a lot!! I was able to find a few books of his I read, to my satisfaction. The first book I described was Monsters You've Never Heard Of; among others were The Ancient Visitors, Civil War Ghosts....all reads I remember to some degree. Thanks a lot. C:

• 1 month later...

This post is pretty old .. but anyway. He’s authored over a hundred books, according to an interesting article on this author in Wikepedia. He lost a daughter on PAN AM 103.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cohen_(children%27s_writer))

Edited by Samyann