Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Geologists map tunnels beneath Rome

UM-Bot

Undearneath the ancient capital lies a complex labyrinth of tunnels and quarries dating back millennia.

The tunnels were formed over many hundreds of years thanks mainly to quarrying, weathering and the tendency for the Romans to build new structures over the ruins of old ones. Some of the tunnels have been re-purposed multiple times as catacombs, a sewerage system and even as bomb shelters during World War II.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/258761/geologists-map-tunnels-beneath-rome

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• UM-Bot

• Rolci

• seaturtlehorsesnake

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

giddout of there, nothing interesting to see. I would rather see them mapping the underground network of tunnels (and possibly temples harbouring secrets of ancient tech or aliens) running all across South America with dozens of entrances, probably all interconnected. There is an excellent documentary on these tunnels here:

[media=]

[/media]

They try to explore 4-5 tunnels along the journey as I remember, some never been shown to outsiders before. There's one under the basement of an old churches (at 28:10), or another one at 48:10 and the last one they try is at 1:26:34. I'm sure there are more as I remember but they explore all over the continent so some of these entrances are hundreds, maybe thousands of miles apart. I'm sure they are more fascinating than what's beneath Rome. Which is why they are all blocked. Somebody get a shovel and a camera plz, Can't be that hard to remove some blockage. But who blocked the entrances, and WHY?

On a side-note, the documentary is mainly about the ancient construct of the Inca, mainly the walls, which I do not believe could have been built using tools we say they had at the time. I suspect aliens or magic, I don't care what but I do not see it plausible that ordinary methods were used. I find it more fascinating than Puma Punku. Just watch from 8:43 to 13:20 and give me an explanation.

Edited by Rolci

giddout of there, nothing interesting to see.

whatever man. whatever. this is fascinating reading to me; just because explanations are known, doesn't mean it's not fascinating.

plus this is geology and history, working hand in hand. it's the best.

(do not take me too seriously, i ain't actually mad. but still. whatever.)

giddout of there, nothing interesting to see.

But they aren't exploring to see what they can see... They are doing it because of structure collapses in Rome due to so much void under them.