Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question: Replying to multiple posts

DieChecker

If you reply to several posts, say... 3 posts, and they are all merged into one reply post, do you get 3 posts added to your total, or just one? Just curious... :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker

I would guess 1 post counts as 1 post regardless of many replies it includes.

Now there are two posts in this thread the next poster can reply to both of us and check the post count afterwards. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

Now there are two posts in this thread the next poster can reply to both of us and check the post count afterwards. ;)

If you reply to several posts, say... 3 posts, and they are all merged into one reply post, do you get 3 posts added to your total, or just one? Just curious... :innocent:

I will do the deed

Yep only counts as one post

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

You aren't trying to artificially boost your post numbers are you, 'cos that would be naughty. Besides quality beats quantity every time.

That's correct. This post of mine used MultiQuote but will only count as one post.

Well played Spartan, I would never have guessed you were so open to suggestion. :)

• Like 1

hmmm ... time to redo the UM taxes ?

:D

You aren't trying to artificially boost your post numbers are you, 'cos that would be naughty. Besides quality beats quantity every time.

That's correct. This post of mine used MultiQuote but will only count as one post.

I don't mean multiquote. I know how that works.

But, when I posted earlier today I quoted one post and replied, and it posted. Then I quoted another post and replied and it merged both my posts together. Then I replied to a 3rd post on the same thread (All within a minute of each other probably) and that reply also got merged into my first post.

I'm not complaining, I was just curious.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe I did use MultiQuote to collect all those posts at once, and then used Copy and Paste to respond to them one at a time, and it somehow acted like MultiQuote.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I would imagine that would count as one as another separate post wouldn't be produced under those circumstances.

The number of posts is what counts, regardless of multi-quotes or replies.

BTW DC, I liked you edit ;)