Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'World's scariest advert' unveiled in Japan

UM-Bot

The paranormal themed tyre commercial is so terrifying that it comes with its own health warning.

Eager to make sure that their latest advertising campaign stands out from the crowd, one Japanese tyre company has created a television advertisement so terrifying that many of those who watch it may need to sit down for a moment to collect their nerves.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/258833/worlds-scariest-advert-unveiled-in-japan

• Like 4

Yeah. If it wasn't for the 100% sound overkill through my headphones, (think I'm deaf now) this would have been tame. btw, predictable script? Nani nani nani!

• Like 1

THAT qualifies as the "World's Scariest Advert" ??

I must be missing something there.

have to admit I jumped out of my chair from that one. and I was expecting it. also have to admit at least part of that was from the sound. the sound of the body hitting the glass reminded of a free flying Bumper that hit my car on the hood a couple years back at 60 + mph . instant split second flashback.

• Like 1

Watched it with the sound off and ... nothing. The scariest commercials to me are the pharma ads that list all the side effects of their medicines.

• Like 3

It's creepy for a, commercial.

Say yer watching the Simpsons with grandma , and they comes on during a break.

I think they're alluding to her being slit mouth woman too. She's a very dire Japanese folk lore....

She kills everyone.

• Like 3

God damn it! I am so high right now and I have it plugged into the TV / Bose system and I turned it up just as she jumped! Jesus didn't I jump!

• Like 1

Sorry, scary advert for tyres....no! Now had they made it as a tourist ad for Fukushima, then it would be scary.

Not that scary really,but the Japanese are known to be big scaredy cats..

• Like 1

Truth in advertising, questionable. But, success in advertising is hardly measured by truth, rather by suggestion ... look at the number of hits!

Meh...same ol' same ol'...but it did give me the expected fright, not enough to jump but enough to appreciate it and its take-off of the old ones :)

Not bad it got me!!

pretty good!

Much scarier than any American ads.

I enjoy Japanese Horror like The Ring, The Eye, The Grudge etc.

• Like 2

lame lameo I was expecting more...

sorry it double posted

Not bad it got me!!

pretty good!

Much scarier than any American ads.

I enjoy Japanese Horror like The Ring, The Eye, The Grudge etc.

You must've missed all the AT&T ads out there, scary as in bad advertising...

I enjoy all those too, have you seen any of the Thailand ghost movies? They are about on the same level of scare as the Japanese.

Watched it with the sound off and ... nothing. The scariest commercials to me are the pharma ads that list all the side effects of their medicines.

I agree. 100%.

Some of those pharma ads are disturbing. Like... "will my head fall-off taking the medicine?"

And they always have a "nice" voice... "Rare but serious side-effects may cause kidney failure or death"

• Like 1

Is that scary?

Gas prices are worse

• Like 2

The responsible art director should get flogged for that BS. And the clients CEO as well.