Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christmas dinner in a tin, for gamers

Still Waters

Forget Christmas dinner - gamers who plan on spending the entire festive period on their new consoles can enjoy a Christmas Tinner.

The meal boasts nine layers - from a fry-up for breakfast through to turkey and veg and even mince pies for dessert - all in a tin, courtesy of retailer Game.

http://metro.co.uk/2...gamers-4216830/

• Like 1

Okay I was honestly thinking it would be something bigger, but yikes!

• Like 1

Still not as bad as a burger in a can, but I honestly can't understand how these types of food sell even as novelty items.

Great advert for kids about the family structure....your parents have just doubled the credit on their credit card to get you an xbox and the games and the kids will not even be having christmas dinner with them because they will be eating out of a tin instead!

What is it with these companies, have they not done enough damage to "family communications" with their computer games as it is, now this.

PS: not against computer games, but really, this does not help towards a better society.

• Like 2

I've eatten several Christmas dinners out of "tins" before... C Ration cans - it wasn't my idea - and there was definitly NO game console involved...

• Like 4

I'm having chicken from a can, myself:

20090430-cannedchicken-shloop.jpg

As gross as that looks call it confit and people would be so impressed.

Meanwhile back in reality...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-05/food-poverty-uk-has-reached-public-health-emergency-levels

This tragic story emanating from the UK just doesn’t seem to go away. Probably because it’s true. The food crisis across the pond first came to my attention in earnest back in October when the Red Cross announced it was set to provide food aid to the UK for the first time since World War II.

The latest twist to this unacceptable saga comes via a letter send by a group of doctors and senior academics from the Medical Research Council and two leading universities to the British Medical Journal calling it a “public healthy emergency” and accusing the government of covering up the problem by delaying a report on the subject.

20131205_food_0.jpg

More from The Independent:

Hunger in Britain has reached the level of a “public health emergency” and the Government may be covering up the extent to which austerity and welfare cuts are adding to the problem, leading experts have said.

In a letter to the British Medical Journal, a group of doctors and senior academics from the Medical Research Council and two leading universities said that the effect of Government policies on vulnerable people’s ability to afford food needed to be “urgently” monitored.

A surge in the number of people requiring emergency food aid, a decrease in the amount of calories consumed by British families, and
a doubling of the number of malnutrition cases seen at English hospitals represent “all the signs of a public health emergency
that could go unrecognised until it is too late to take preventative action,” they write.

Despite mounting evidence for a growing food poverty crisis in the UK, ministers maintain there is “no robust evidence” of a link between sweeping welfare reforms and a rise in the use of food banks.
However, publication of research into the phenomenon, commissioned by the Government itself, has been delayed, amid speculation that the findings may prove embarrassing for ministers.

Chris Mould, chief executive of the Trussell Trust, the largest national food bank provider said that
one
in three of the 350,000 people who required a food bank hand-out this year were children.

In their letter, Dr Taylor-Robinson, Professor Whitehead and colleagues cite figures recently released by the Government which revealed
a surge in the number of malnutrition cases diagnosed at English hospitals since the recession – up from 3,161 in 2008/09 to 5,499 in 2012/13.
They also draw attention to reports from the Institute for Fiscal Studies which found a decrease in the number of calories purchased by families, as well as “substitution with unhealthier foods, especially in families with young children”.

Fortunately for the UK, they are blessed with a concentration of oligarchs with supposedly extraordinary capabilities so they should be able to sort this all out in now time. Isn’t that right Boris Johnson?

even my cats and rats eat better than that

Is that chicken an actual thing people choose to buy? i'd rather eat the can I'm afraid.

Sadly, yes it is, a girl i dated a couple times convinced me to come to her place for dinner because she was "such a great cook" I showed up, chicken from a can.

It is just horrific to try and taste.

Aw, they think we gamers stop to eat. How cute.

Esp if its online gaming :D

I can manage to peel myself away from my GTA5 for some real food...

My partner loves his games, but the same can be said for food, and real good food at that! Nobody in their right mind would go this far. *gag*

• 2 weeks later...

They left out the white wine!

• 2 weeks later...