Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonald's accidentally serves bag of cash

BiffSplitkins

Hermitage, Tenn. -- Greg and Stacye Terry got the surprise of their lives after recent trip to a McDonald's in Hermitage, Tenn. -- a takeout bag filled with cash.

Someone at the restaurant had readied thousand of dollars of receipts for deposit in the bank and placed the money in a McDonald's bag, Nashville's NewsChannel5.com reported. Somehow, an employee at the drive-thru gave that bag to the Terrys instead of the one containing their breakfast order.

Greg opened the bag and discovered the mistake when the couple got home, Stacye told NewsChannel5.com:

"He said, 'You are not going to believe this.' Sure enough, it was their bank deposit money."

I really think McDonald's should install a 3rd drive thru window so that you can just pull forward and exchange all the wrong stuff they gave you to begin with. :whistle:

• Like 5

I really think McDonald's should install a 3rd drive thru window so that you can just pull forward and exchange all the wrong stuff they gave you to begin with. :whistle:

I second this

• Like 1

I hate McD and other fast food crap stuff...but this story almost makes me want to visit.

• Like 2

If it had been me, you would not be reading about it.

• Like 7

LOL and these are the same workers that are protesting to get a $15 per hour wage. :tu:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/05/fast-food-strike-wages/3877023/

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 1

LOL and these are the same workers that are protesting to get a $15 per hour wage. :tu:

http://www.usatoday....-wages/3877023/

Jeeze, they want how much for dishing up a burger?

Do bank staff even get that much there, and they CAN give out cash?

• Like 1

http://www.usatoday....-wages/3877023/

Im sure that will work out well for them :whistle:. They wont loose their jobs or hours or anything, to machines.

1475807_778214632191885_1680901408_n.png

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Do bank staff even get that much there, and they CAN give out cash?

Some bank tellers here are paid so little they are getting food stamps. Taxpayers still bailing out the banks.
  • Like 1

"I would like to have 2 cheeseburger, 2 x french fries with ketchup, 2 medium coke and the daily earnings from today"

"The daily earnings with french or with garlic dressing?"

"French please"

"Ok, it´s 12,80$ in total"

"Here it is"

"Thank you, have a nice day"

• Like 4

Some bank tellers here are paid so little they are getting food stamps. Taxpayers still bailing out the banks.

Food stamps? what like for MacDonalds.

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

Food stamps? what like for MacDonalds.

Actually, you can't use food stamps at McDonalds. Food stamps are usually reserved for steak and lobster at the grocery store, but if you go work for McDonalds, they will help you get food stamps.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/23/news/companies/mcdonalds-help-line-workers/

• Like 2

Wait... did read this wrong or does this McDonalds keep their bank deposits in McDonalds to go bags?

• Like 1

I'm sure that everyone knows this:

It's not uncommon, at all, for the bank deposit to be delivered through the "drive-thru" of some fast-food restaurants concealed in a food bag.

This is for safety reasons(as opposed to walking to your car with a bank bag)

Of course, it needs to be delivered to the right person!

• Like 1

Obviously the employee was distracted but that could have happen to anyone sooner or later, especially if the bank deposit was lying around hidden in a store bag.

I wouldn't have kept the money either, it would have been heavy on my consciousness feeling very bad for the employee's mistake.

But surely McDonald could have at least given some kind of reward to the couple, having fallen in other hands they might have never seen the deposit again.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

This has got to be a B/S story, however if it`s true, without any shadow of a doubt, Greg and Stacye Terry you are 2 of the dumbest people ever to walk this Earth, i`m guessing the lack of IQ is down to 3 meals a day, every day of the year, every year of your life from, you guessed it Mcdonalds.

I'm sure that everyone knows this:

It's not uncommon, at all, for the bank deposit to be delivered through the "drive-thru" of some fast-food restaurants concealed in a food bag.

This is for safety reasons(as opposed to walking to your car with a bank bag)

Of course, it needs to be delivered to the right person!

I did not know this

• Like 1

I did not know this

Many years ago when I was an assistant manager at a shoe store (yep, I did the Al Bundy thing), we would take the day's earnings to the bank in a regular bank bag. However, there needed to be opening till cash left on site for the morning shift. We had quite a stock room full of shoes and we would take the till bag an put it a random shoe box in the stock room and take out one shoe from the box and leave it on the manager's desk in the office. That way when the manager opened in the morning they could just find the box the money was in by using the model number and size of the shoe that was left on the desk.

• Like 2

Can we have a google maps link for this shoe store, please?

They've long been out of business. Too bad because they were one of the best American made shoes.

Now all they make is bowling shoes.

• Like 1

This has got to be a B/S story, however if it`s true, without any shadow of a doubt, Greg and Stacye Terry you are 2 of the dumbest people ever to walk this Earth, i`m guessing the lack of IQ is down to 3 meals a day, every day of the year, every year of your life from, you guessed it Mcdonalds.

For all we know it's true, it has been reported on many news websites and McDonald Harmitage's owner Phil Gray issued an official statement confirming the story and thanking the Terry couple.

Not sure why you are denigrating the couple for their action, what they did is honest. I eat very rarely at McDonald (or any fastfood for that matter) and if it happened to me I would not have kept the money either. The heaviness on my counsciousness would've been unbearable. I do not know, I guess it is called compassion for the employee's huge mistake and his faith.

Others would have kept the money bag without a second thought, I do not doubt that. Perhaps it depend what kind of personality you have. It may be easier for some.

My problem is with McDonald's reaction. A ''mere thank you'' seems to be very cheap with regard to the the couple's honest action. Some kind of reward, if only a generously loaded gift card might have probably been appreciated.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Who doesn't check their food before pulling away?? As much as that place screws up orders, I sit at the window until all of my food is accounted for.

AWFUL that they get paid the minimum wage isn't it? Terrible.