Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Adam Deen | Islam Is A Peaceful Religion

Phaeton80

with this mentality, if islam didnt existed you would find an enemy of some sort anyway, i dont think islam would mind in this case that it is your enemy :) it is simply giving a cause to your purpose, being a company :) you ought to recognize the other branches of purpose inside of you and see how well they are answered through the same material.

Your attempt at being profound is lost on me.Take it any way that pleases you.

• Like 1

I dont see it your way but I understand your point of view, thats why I advice that you should do something about the muslims in your countries/western countries in my previous post also.it should be real bad to live with that thought and witness muslims in every corner of your city or country.

Not sure where you are going with this but hey, your you. Islam or any religion that wants a two system law one for them and one for the rest is insane. By allowing that any religion may be allowed to set up what ever laws they see fit. Does that sound fair or more like chaos. Religion has no way any right to any laws that are not of man. No magic man invented by man shall dictate to me, ever.

The simple truth is religion is a tool a tool of absalute control. Religion is not about peace until the world is but one religion. I will not stand for it.

• Like 3

Your attempt at being profound is lost on me.Take it any way that pleases you.

I took it the way that pleased me already when I spoke it to you. if you are not creative with me after my saying that to you, than I simply cant get anymore profound. :)

and enemy-hate rhetoric is not very creative after some point. it is a very old thing and every average adult human can work on it even without the help of an outer stimulus.I mean I really dont need to wear you out for that :)

• Like 1

Not sure where you are going with this but hey, your you. Islam or any religion that wants a two system law one for them and one for the rest is insane. By allowing that any religion may be allowed to set up what ever laws they see fit. Does that sound fair or more like chaos. Religion has no way any right to any laws that are not of man. No magic man invented by man shall dictate to me, ever.

The simple truth is religion is a tool a tool of absalute control. Religion is not about peace until the world is but one religion. I will not stand for it.

I am me yes and does that mean that I can take comfort in your discomfort with religion, with a religion or with muslims or anything else?

perhaps it is possible. perhaps.

• Like 1

I took it the way that pleased me already when I spoke it to you. if you are not creative with me after my saying that to you, than I simply cant get anymore profound. :)

and enemy-hate rhetoric is not very creative after some point. it is a very old thing and every average adult human can work on it even without the help of an outer stimulus.I mean I really dont need to wear you out for that :)

It looks to me that you are working predisposed assumptions, and mixing vague rhetoric to convey a moral high ground.

So to me you just fall flat on your face.

I am me yes and does that mean that I can take comfort in your discomfort with religion, with a religion or with muslims or anything else?

perhaps it is possible. perhaps.

My discomfort with religion is a kin to your comfort with it. You see it as a warm snuggly thing and I see it with venomus fangs waiting to strike. I live in a secular country and would have it no other way. We are all equal unless your of a religious grouping.

• Like 1

Ban all relgions

Religions should be continued to be taught minus the slant on hate toward other religions or any particular group of people. To rid of them altogether sends the message that there was no meaning behind them in the first place and that is just plain and simply not true. Religion is part of all of our heritages whether we want to admit that or not.

I think there should be, and believe there is and it will continue to grow, a cumulation of religious thoughts taught, not as a new religion per'se, but maybe... and that "religion" is intricate to a person, a community, family, society and that the development of incorporating it into our daily lives is much needed for many and the knowledge of it would benefit all.

It looks to me that you are working predisposed assumptions, and mixing vague rhetoric to convey a moral high ground.

So to me you just fall flat on your face.

lol, so dont i just look funny? :D

My discomfort with religion is a kin to your comfort with it. You see it as a warm snuggly thing and I see it with venomus fangs waiting to strike. I live in a secular country and would have it no other way. We are all equal unless your of a religious grouping.

I cant say anything more after that :)

lol, so dont i just look funny? :D

By not dealing with the facts I purported in my original post to this subject, then yes you are funny in a way.

Religions should be continued to be taught minus the slant on hate toward other religions or any particular group of people. To rid of them altogether sends the message that there was no meaning behind them in the first place and that is just plain and simply not true. Religion is part of all of our heritages whether we want to admit that or not.

I think there should be, and believe there is and it will continue to grow, a cumulation of religious thoughts taught, not as a new religion per'se, but maybe... and that "religion" is intricate to a person, a community, family, society and that the development of incorporating it into our daily lives is much needed for many and the knowledge of it would benefit all.

Living in caves was part of our heritage also, but we found better ways to get away from the Ticks, and Mold.We still teach about our past which is good.Some day Religion will be taught as our past, and that will be even better.

Religion only has meaning of what people make of it, and people sure make a big deal of nothing.

This is worth reposting; http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Sermon_on_the_mount

Edited by davros of skaro

By not dealing with the facts I purported in my original post to this subject, then yes you are funny in a way.

you already know your facts and I dont have the luxury of being repetitive. besides, you didnt laugh. LOL

you already know your facts and I dont have the luxury of being repetitive. besides, you didnt laugh. LOL

Now these are funny. :yes:

• Like 1

Venus goes thru a waxing, and waning just like our moon.To our perspective the retrograde of Venus looks like it's playing peek a boo over Earth's horizon.The Morning Star is bright, but falls in glory to Shamash the Sun God.

Venus is personified as Inanna, and her Journey to the underworld is mimicked by the gates she passes through of the retrograde of Venus.

http://www.ancient.eu.com/article/215/

Inanna's symbol is the Pentagram of Venus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inanna

Three days and three nights passed, and Ninshubur, following instructions, went to Enlil, Nanna, and Enki's temples, and demanded they save Inanna. The first two deities refused, saying it was her own doing, but Enki was deeply troubled and agreed to help. He created two asexual figures named gala-tura and the kur-jara from the dirt under the fingernails of the deities. He instructed them to appease Ereškigal; and when asked what they wanted, they were to ask for Inanna's corpse and sprinkle it with the food and water of life. However, when they come before Ereshkigal, she is in agony like a woman giving birth, and she offers them what they want, including life-giving rivers of water and fields of grain, if they can relieve her; nonetheless they take only the corpse.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

Living in caves was part of our heritage also, but we found better ways to get away from the Ticks, and Mold.We still teach about our past which is good.Some day Religion will be taught as our past, and that will be even better.

Religion only has meaning of what people make of it, and people sure make a big deal of nothing.

This is worth reposting; http://wiki.ironchar...on_on_the_mount

you say that I suppose because it means nothing to you, but that does not mean it is nothing, it is important to note that it does mean an incredible amount to an incredible amount of people, all people have worth and the reasons they hold something dear should be analyzed and noted

to one person it can mean nothing and to another it can mean everything and of course everyone thinks they are the right one. I think the psychology behind the development of religion and the variety of outcomes it produces, under what circumstances etc should be studied. But even through research none will truly understand the religious experience, which is a part of human nature, that will never change, only evolve as time goes on, unless they participate in some sort of religious practice. Only through religious experience and practice does one become familiar with its true worth. And that cannot be analyzed or taken away from the experiencer by any person unless that person lets them. It is then that some of the religious teachings become clear, for example the Isrealites wandering in the wilderness because they had forgotten what God had done for them.

You are very correct, it is what people make of it and it is a very big deal. As an individual it may not be a big deal for some, but superficially I think it is in most cases. Historically and psychologically for many it really is a big deal. We have other big deals, but this is a really big one. The archtype of God is always present in all of our psyches no matter how we view him or her. Some will think about it more, some will think about it less, some it will torture and some it will bless. How we deal with this on our own and how we interact with one another concerning that matter may change and adjust according to the times, but that fact will always remain.

Venus goes thru a waxing, and waning just like our moon.To our perspective the retrograde of Venus looks like it's playing peek a boo over Earth's horizon.The Morning Star is bright, but falls in glory to Shamash the Sun God.

Venus is personified as Inanna, and her Journey to the underworld is mimicked by the gates she passes through of the retrograde of Venus.

Three days and three nights passed, and Ninshubur, following instructions, went to Enlil, Nanna, and Enki's temples, and demanded they save Inanna. The first two deities refused, saying it was her own doing, but Enki was deeply troubled and agreed to help. He created two asexual figures named gala-tura and the kur-jara from the dirt under the fingernails of the deities. He instructed them to appease Ereškigal; and when asked what they wanted, they were to ask for Inanna's corpse and sprinkle it with the food and water of life. However, when they come before Ereshkigal, she is in agony like a woman giving birth, and she offers them what they want, including life-giving rivers of water and fields of grain, if they can relieve her; nonetheless they take only the corpse.

inspiring. it would take lots of time to read the sister's motive :)

I think inanna just wouldnt be able to pass through the gates with all those 'garments' on her anyway. yay! very nice.

I also found some read on venus cycles. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venusrose.html

• Like 2

you say that I suppose because it means nothing to you, but that does not mean it is nothing, it is important to note that it does mean an incredible amount to an incredible amount of people, all people have worth and the reasons they hold something dear should be analyzed and noted

to one person it can mean nothing and to another it can mean everything and of course everyone thinks they are the right one. I think the psychology behind the development of religion and the variety of outcomes it produces, under what circumstances etc should be studied. But even through research none will truly understand the religious experience, which is a part of human nature, that will never change, only evolve as time goes on, unless they participate in some sort of religious practice. Only through religious experience and practice does one become familiar with its true worth. And that cannot be analyzed or taken away from the experiencer by any person unless that person lets them. It is then that some of the religious teachings become clear, for example the Isrealites wandering in the wilderness because they had forgotten what God had done for them.

You are very correct, it is what people make of it and it is a very big deal. As an individual it may not be a big deal for some, but superficially I think it is in most cases. Historically and psychologically for many it really is a big deal. We have other big deals, but this is a really big one. The archtype of God is always present in all of our psyches no matter how we view him or her. Some will think about it more, some will think about it less, some it will torture and some it will bless. How we deal with this on our own and how we interact with one another concerning that matter may change and adjust according to the times, but that fact will always remain.

I rest my case (btw this guy is serious, and believes nonbelievers are under Satan's will.)

you are sharing this as if it has meaning to you but also purport that religion has no meaning... maybe I am wrong, maybe you just shared this but do not care about it at all... but if I am right and this is meaningful to you then you should understand that religion has meaning...

inspiring. it would take lots of time to read the sister's motive :)

I think inanna just wouldnt be able to pass through the gates with all those 'garments' on her anyway. yay! very nice.

I also found some read on venus cycles. http://www.skyscript.../venusrose.html

Be sure to show your Wiccan sisters the Pentagram of Venus. :tsu:

I rest my case (btw this guy is serious, and believes nonbelievers are under Satan's will.)

many people think many things my friend, your argument was that religion is meaningless

my argument is that it is not meaningless and that we should look at what it produces and challenge any aspect that produces unwanted results and also understand the psychology behind it

peace

you are sharing this as if it has meaning to you but also purport that religion has no meaning... maybe I am wrong, maybe you just shared this but do not care about it at all... but if I am right and this is meaningful to you then you should understand that religion has meaning...

Yes it has meaning.That is thousands of people think the Pentagram has mystical properties (good or bad) when it's just personified Sumerian astronomy that morphed it's meaning over long periods of time.

Ancient Greeks=Good fortune

Early Christians=5 wounds of Jesus

Today's Christians=Satan

Wiccans=Nature magic

LOL!

• Like 1

many people think many things my friend, your argument was that religion is meaningless

my argument is that it is not meaningless and that we should look at what it produces and challenge any aspect that produces unwanted results and also understand the psychology behind it

peace

Unwanted results is right.

Peace

Apostates in Islam is punished by death.

[media=]

[/media]

Religion was created by man.Religion has encouraged the people that have the genetic make up to believe in it to multiply in great numbers, and to kill off nonbelievers.

Islam is a Religion of peace by converting the world to obey Sharia Law.When the entire world converts to Islam then the world is at peace.Muslims have no doctrine about lying, and it's ok to lie.

taqiyaa is allowed in islam…to further the cause of islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKs7oi_-NUo

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"

If I remember my research correctly, taqiyya is the allowance to lie without sinning. But if I remember correctly, it only allows such when the Muslim's life is in danger. Lying just to promote the will of Allah is still wrong. Using taqiyya as an argument against Islam is bigotry at its finest (meaning not fine at all).