Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crime predicting robot on streets by 2015

seeder

This crime-predicting robot aims to patrol our streets by 2015 (WITH VID)

California-based Knightscope has designed a 5-foot-tall, 300-pound automaton called the K5 to combat crime and provide for public safety. Oh yeah, and it'll work for just $6.25 an hour.

A scene in the 2004 film "I, Robot" involves an army of rogue NS-5 humanoids establishing a curfew and imprisoning the citizens of Chicago, circa 2035, inside their homes. That's not how Knightscope envisions the coming day of deputized bots.

In its far less frightful future, friendly R2-D2 lookalikes patrol our streets, school hallways, and company campuses to keep us safe and put real-time data to good use. Instead of the Asimov-inspired NS-5, Knightscope, a Silicon Valley-based robotics company, is developing the K5.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57614255-76/this-crime-predicting-robot-aims-to-patrol-our-streets-by-2015/

• Like 1

Heh..I knew it. Soon we will be cowed into submission by roving hunks of metal.

Teaching the little ones to obey the orders of robots..not impressed. Actually I am rather nauseated by it...that is if this is even real.

• Like 2

Heh..I knew it. Soon we will be cowed into submission by roving hunks of metal.

Teaching the little ones to obey the orders of robots..not impressed. Actually I am rather nauseated by it...that is if this is even real.

we had talking CCTV cameras a while back...

quote:

"The talking cameras were installed in May 2007 to deter vandals, trouble makers and litter louts by barking out messages such as: “Your behaviour is being monitored by CCTV. It is being recorded and the police have been called.”

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/orwellian-talking-cctv-cameras-across-northampton-town-centre-switched-off-1-2903375

It looks more like a Dalek then a Robocop. Just put a plunger on the thing and everyone will know it for what it is.

• Like 3

I heard the recent 'US Shutdown' was actually caused by the trials of the RU3 Lie-Detecting Robot. They were deployed in every Goverment building, just for half a day, but made so many arrests Government HAD to shut down.

• Like 6

Back in 2005 I had a dream about the same type of egg shaped robot however the robot in my dream was black in colour and more oval shaped.

The dream as follows:-

06.09.2005: - I was standing outside a large building which had a couple of square shaped pillars adorning its entrance. An unknown man and I were hiding behind these pillars to avoid being detected by a five foot high, egg shaped robot century that was patrolling the area. The man jumped out at the robot and he managed to disable it then we both ran inside the building. In the large entry hall of this building I noticed a group of robots emerging from an opening in the top right end corner of this room. The man took me to an area that was on the left hand side of the hallway which had an arrow type aircraft parked inside it. We jumped inside the aircraft and we used it to escape the robots which were firing at us with some kind of laser pulse beam. We later abandoned the arrow craft and we used another vehicle that was cylindrical shaped. Next! We were inside an area which had lots of humans sleeping on rows of single beds. The beds were arranged in two sections with one section for the adults and the other for the children. All the adult beds were full and the man who had a hold of my hand began to lead me towards the children’s section. Next I noticed a small girl with fair hair who had suddenly aroused from her bed and she looked over at us. I then sensed that the man wanted me to see / witness this scene for some reason?

Hence I definitely feel a little unnerved by the recent news regarding the robots.

• Like 1

it takes all-sorts to make a world doesn't it :lol:

Coming to your local council and hospital car park soon. The only thing it lacks for them is an arm to put the ticket on the screen, still they do it all electronically now so it should be ideal.

• Like 1

I think its inevitable that such robots will be a major part of the near future. While it may appear to be doing only simple observation tasks... no doubt future versions, or rival versions - will be further refined and capable.

Japan is one place where such robots are already in daily use

The first thing to come to mind was a Dalek. But, as long as there are stairs, we are safe from Exterminate!

This ones been climbing stairs for some years now, heres a clip from 2007...it has progressed much since then!!

My fave robot...ASIMO

Just ask them what love is, you should be good.

Or just spray paint their camera 'eyes' and its all over.. :lol:

• Like 1

I can hear it already..."dem robots bees racist!!!" :no:

Or, as they are dragging off the perps, they're banging on it with a crowbar and yelling, "I"M NOT RESISTING! I"M NOT RESISTING!"

Seriously who ever came up with that idea? When everything is on camera, you can't be going toe to toe in a fist fight with the police and keep yelling that you're not resisting.

• Like 2