Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A medium brings a life-altering message

UM-Bot

Kathleen Meadows: One beautiful summer day, I headed off to spend a weekend at the spiritualist community of the Lilydale Assembly with three of my graduated, advanced Tarot students. This was a five hour drive from our home in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Paul Ottmann volunteered to be our guide having visited Lilydale many times before. All along our journey he regaled us with titillating personal stories and anecdotes from his earlier trips. Intriguing, delicious, old fashioned ghost stories for hours. What a perfect way to journey to this spiritualist community.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

Thanks, UM, fascinating article ! It took me back to the past a little. I live in absolute farm country and there is a small but rather old Spiritualist congregation here. My mother went for a reading one evening. She also said yes to any that would come through. What she received identified themselves as her brother who had died within the past three to four years. Then he said, that the spirit identified wanted certify himself to my mother he was sending a horse. Then the reader stopped and said that the spirit insisted that he tell my mother it was a race horse so that she would absolutely know it was him.

Now, I can only say our farming here is limited to corn and soybeans. Not many race horses around, not at all. Only, as you probably already know, it just so happens that my mother's family owned a race horse. My grandfather had bought it at an auction. They said that it's legs were too short to race and it was going to be sold or euthanized. It was a healthy yearling and he couldn't stand that and he bought it instead of the plow horse they needed. For that reason my mother never learned to ride a bicycle. Why, she had a horse. It became a member of their family and their dearest pet.

Now I have to end this laughingly and say that my mom would never accept the rest of the reading. 'Cuz she didn't like what was said. I hate to say this but my mother was a pessimist always and foremost. The reading went on to tell her to stop running around with a black cloud over her head. It was driving people crazy !

She was probably always sorry she told me about that reading because from there on, I would always say, "there's the black cloud again, just where is that horse."

I would love to go to Lilyvale. Maybe some day I can.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to thank you Vincennes for sharing your story about your mom. I love to read about other people's experience with spiritualism.

Sincerely, Kathleen