Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA astronauts recall UFO encounters

UM-Bot

Having said that whats the deal with Gordon Cooper?? and was he in fact a credible witness?

We've all seen his testimony and admitting on video he saw a craft land on a dry lake bed?

Why would an established professional in his/her field put themselves out on a limb like that and subject themselves to ridicule?

Is he making this up?..was he mistaken in his assesment on what he saw?

With his background probably not but who's to say it wasn't a man made craft?

But you would think a trained test pilot would be able to tell the difference

Plz read my in-depth unprecedented investigations of his stories at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html and ask yourself why the UFO websites refuse to discuss it. Coverup!! [grin]

Nasa astronauts are bound by confidentiality agreements. ...

People keep SAYING that but isn't it merely an all-purpose incantation to get out of reality free?

Do you have any evidence for it or does it just 'stand to reason' based on pre-existing biases?

When Mitchell and Cooper, nobody's tools on UFOs, say that nobody at NASA when they were there had ANY 'UFO secrets', why do you choose to believe they were lying?

I was privately asked, "IF we were being visited by beings. Would NASA announce it to the populous? Just a simple YES or NO Answer."

Strange stuff seen outside spaceships is discussed live because the likeliest serious cause is a vehicle/crew hazard that the entire team needs to know and discuss ASAP. Regular science analysis of rocks, like the Mars meteor in 1997 that looked like it had fossils -- was developed and internally debated to make sure the argument was sound and strong, for a few months -- but leaked early anyway when the White House got advance word. You don't have to trust me on this -- Cooper and Mitchell said the same thing, no knowledge within NASA, no rules about secrecy if any showed up.

Your story makes it look like as if the media had no other intention just to make the crowds believe in UFOs.

Well, not quite, the media is geared up to sell it to anyone gullible enough to swallow it.

So where were they when the Citizen Hearing took place? http://www.nytimes.c...liens.html?_r=0

Not sure what you mean, near every major American Newspaper had some story on it, rubbish in rubbish out.

Why was Walt Figel not invited? I know, do you? I'll tell you this much, it has something to do with not supporting the Claims of Robert Hastings after he said Walt did support him. Walt Figel was 10 miles away for the hearing, yet his first hand experience was denied, because he was going to let the cat out of the bag, that Hastings information was not at all what it was purported to be.

You call this it? Is this really the level of professionalism that the NYT is capable of?

It's shock value, same as UFO stories, reporters have to sell papers.

Are you claiming that so called hearing was in some way proffessional, what with dismissing key witnesses that could bring an entire claim undone? It's like a Zoser witness, they are only credible whilst they are talking UFO stories with aliens in them, any that do not are deemed unreliable.

Or was the intention something else here?

Selling papers is all the media cares about, the truth is superfluous.

Is it possible what Dr Steven Greer says about the free press?

It is hard to see Greer being right about anything Aliens related, I honestly fail to see where you spot even an ounce of credibility in his far fetched tall tales, and fabrications. That atacama alien nonsense is the biggest farce I have seen people believe this decade or last for that matter, seeming as the human remains have been studies at least that long despite the stories Sirius might portray.

Here is what I found with my friend the Google search engine. If you watch from 9:51

He also talks about official CIA documents, like the one that asks Disney to produce material that would marginalize the UFO subject, or the one about their folks in every major media outlet. If not all, at least some of the things he says seem well-established and convincing, and should be further investigated as it is provocative at the least.

I have a copy of that movie, you ought to be able to torrent it, it's nothing special, Disney did plenty of animations for the Military, Kimball worked with Werhner Von Braun to write and direct three key outer space documentaries for the "Disneyland" television series, "Man in Space," "Man and the Moon," and "Mars and Beyond," and this was to be a hypothetical scenario film, Eggemeyer blew the story out of proportion and claimed the film, which we know for sure was made in a studio, was a real event. These aliens are not the only thing he did for Disney, Ward Kimball is credited with creating the Character, Jiminy Cricket as well. He just happened to also be a UFO buff, and was even approached by Bruce Maccabee as one of the 10 original board members for the Fund for UFO Research. Kimball accepted the position. Out 2 and 2 together. A UFO Buff who makes movies, a bloke who walks around claiming Aliens are in every dark corner, and some public enthusiasm. Based on this, no doubt one in the distant future day, someone will think Star Wars was a documentary.

so now wind blows in space...

No, thrusters work in space.

• Like 1

What evidence?

Witness testimony from Ex Area 51 employees. You know, testimony, the thing you say we can rely upon? Actually, you would not, it states no Aliens, so you will refuse to read THAT testimony won't you.

Very interesting. Just the other day I was reading a book on ufo's, and specifically was talking about former President Jimmy Carter's sighting of ufo's. He (Carter) wanted to find to what the CIA knew about ufo's at the time, and George H.W. Bush was the head of the CIA at the time who told Carter essentially "there is nothing about ufo's that you need to know." Really? Interesting reply, I thought. There is consensus among many in the ufo community that the Bushs' both George H.W. and his son both former presidents, know alot more about ufo's than they will admit to.

Go on, enlighten us, what did Carter say about his sighting.

Was it this by any chance?

Carter speculated that the UFO "was probably an electronic occurrence of some sort," rather than a visitation from outer space. At any rate, the governor said, "it was obviously there, and obviously unidentified."

Which no doubt influenced him, because he went on to say:

"One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists."

But when he did become president, and he did look, he retracted his support because of:

"defense implications"

Which indicates they are ours, doesn't it, you have a direct witness, who promised to give you any withheld info, but could not because they had nothing that was not related to the only direct threat - us, which is why all our surveillance in space is pointing back at us, not out into space.

Believers do not even believe the people they say they believe.

You can lead a horse to water peeps............

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 4

Yea right! :lol: Questions raised by that clown Richard Hoagland..... alleging that the notorious STS-48 videotape shows a "Star Wars" weapons test against an alien space ship.

Good greef man.... dont you ever get tired of the woo woo train?

We do not have any weapons in space.

They say black ops is not viable because they say black ops only operate in a single building or the like, yet they make up space weapons.

Simply amazing.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Since the 1970s UFO sighting have escalated 10 fold. Who, or what is visiting planet earth?

No they have not! Where did you pull that little nugget from? We have never seen the likes of the 1950-1975 UFO craze again.

Apparently, there are few 3D races who have learned to use craft to traverse long distances. However, many denser realms of consciousness have developed craft capable of using natural energy waves to travel upon.

Holy crap.

Yeah, so do we, that's called "communications"

Most, so called "UFOs" seen within the earth planes are those created by the secret government(s) working in conjunction with other dimensional races. Therefore, there many various races "out there", and each has its own reasons for visitations.

Like joy rides and buzzing farmers, and having sex with the ugliest Hillbilly they can find? I wonder what the prize for scoring the biggest freak is?

Dimensional species now? What dimension pray tell?

Some it's to study and some it's to maintain the mental manipulation they have enjoyed for countless generations. Others are visitors from our future, and we are their 3D past residing within a time loop where it is easy for them to visit beings that they reside outside of the time/space continuum. Are we their biological kinfolk?

http://www.focusonre...ation/UFOs.html

So, is there anyone not visiting here?

You know, I'd say the planet of psychiatrists has not found us yet. Just a guess.

Edited by psyche101

Discussing isn't solving. Consider the case re-opened.

:tu:

On STS-48? Yes Jim Solved that one, consider it re-closed again.

• Like 6

Nasa astronauts are bound by confidentiality agreements. When ever one comes foward with e.t./ufo tales, they are reminded of this, as well as informed/threatened that being quiet is in their best interest. Buzz Aldrin is perfect example, on Larry King and other outlets he has hinted at and made sly like statement pertaining to what he has witnessed, then to only say he was misunderstood, he recants or just ignores his own statements like he never said them.

Absolute rubbish, people bound by statements are allowed to say "I can't answer that, I am bound by an agreement" but Astronauts do not say that, the woo woo crowd just assumes this is the case without any rhyme or reason to support such nonsense.

And Buzz is not sheepish in the slightest. He outright told the Science Channel that what they did was dishonest and to change it back, it was not some wishy washy go quiet denial BS that you are making out, he is quite vocal on the issue, as he was with Bart Sibrel who asked him to swear on the Bible that he landed on the moon, and Bart got a punch in the nose from Buzz as a reply.

We all love Buzz for punching Bart right in the nose. The kid gloves need to come off. UFOlogists as are about as credible, accurate, and caring as paparazzi.

You made all of that up, none of it is true.

Im sure the apollo, and other astronauts have seen unbelievable things.

You are sure are you? Well that is comforting isn't it.

Funny how James Young tracking the Apollo flights from Table Top Mountain, and who could support the times for SLV separation saw NOTHING isn't it. Good thing you are sure, without reliable sources like you, we might actually learn something!!!!

Things the average person canonly imagne. When someone does come forward they ar ridiculed and discredited. What I dont understand is basically a nasa emloyee has every aspect of their life scrutinizeed before being accepted for a space mission. Their credibility is held to an upmost standard. So when they start saying key words like e.t., ufo and such all that goes out the window and they are no longer credible. As these guys get older im sure some deathbed confessions will come to light.

Well, I take it you are the average person, because you have sure done some "imagining" here haven't you.

Edgar Mitchell has been doing ET Interviews for about 15 years, so that blows you ridiculous ideal right out of the water.

Deathbed confession, LOL, what a joke, those fine upstanding men, who were treated with the lives of their FAMILIES that are dying suddenly think, "Well, I'm dead, screw the family, they can either join me real soon, or keep on the move" because if the original threats are true, then the entire family was threatened. Some great guys huh! Put their kids in the firing line so they can tell some dumb alien story that only a gullible few are going to swallow anyway! Seems not a decent trade off, would you not agree? My kids are more valuable to me than that I can tell you!!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Personally I need credible evidence to support an extraterrestial prescence in our midst

Sightings are all fine but thats all they are...they are never conclusive

Jumping on the band wagon and believing in alien intervention is irresponsible

Its very possible that we have developed technology on our own that is kept secret from us and all UFO's are terrestrial in origin

Having said that whats the deal with Gordon Cooper?? and was he in fact a credible witness?

We've all seen his testimony and admitting on video he saw a craft land on a dry lake bed?

Why would an established professional in his/her field put themselves out on a limb like that and subject themselves to ridicule?

Is he making this up?..was he mistaken in his assesment on what he saw?

With his background probably not but who's to say it wasn't a man made craft?

But you would think a trained test pilot would be able to tell the difference

I suggest you read up on his history with NASA.

Disgruntled people just might do something like that.

I suggest you read up on his history with NASA.

Disgruntled people just might do something like that.

yeah hey psyche101 hows it going...a person does question claims made by individuals with back grounds such as Coopers

"Why would a former astronaught and Nasa employee out right lie to the public",on record none the less,is most peoples assumtion

Mine included up until now..tho I always held back just a bit as his claims were a little "out there"

Unfortunately the propaganda machine that is Nasa did place these individuals on a pedestal (thanks Jim) for there own political gains

and people take what they say as the truth..

don't get me wrong,test pilots and astronaughts are trail blazers,highly educated and experienced guys,exploring the final frontier.

But they are human,fallible and get p***ed off like the rest of us.

From what I now understand saying Cooper was disgruntled is an understatement

He had motives for such out landish claims,attention and discrediting Nasa would be a couple

All this ufo hype and visitation crap is built on what people want to believe in

After all these years evidence is still circumstantial...nothing,NOTHING out there indicating alien craft are real or we're being visited

• Like 1

yeah hey psyche101 hows it going...a person does question claims made by individuals with back grounds such as Coopers

"Why would a former astronaught and Nasa employee out right lie to the public",on record none the less,is most peoples assumtion

Mine included up until now..tho I always held back just a bit as his claims were a little "out there"

Unfortunately the propaganda machine that is Nasa did place these individuals on a pedestal (thanks Jim) for there own political gains

and people take what they say as the truth..

don't get me wrong,test pilots and astronaughts are trail blazers,highly educated and experienced guys,exploring the final frontier.

But they are human,fallible and get p***ed off like the rest of us.

From what I now understand saying Cooper was disgruntled is an understatement

He had motives for such out landish claims,attention and discrediting Nasa would be a couple

All this ufo hype and visitation crap is built on what people want to believe in

After all these years evidence is still circumstantial...nothing,NOTHING out there indicating alien craft are real or we're being visited

Your opinion, but I will respectfully disagree. There is evidence which has been pointed out many, many times times before here throughout this forum, for example again, the Betty and Barney Hill abduction evidence, the Randlesham/Bentwater incident evidence, the Cash/Landrum incident with radiation burning from close contact with a ufo and , numerous, radar sightings going back for decades, but you can either choose to accept it, or not to.

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish, people bound by statements are allowed to say "I can't answer that, I am bound by an agreement" but Astronauts do not say that, the woo woo crowd just assumes this is the case without any rhyme or reason to support such nonsense.

Gidday mate,

I always found this debate quite fascinating between Hoagland and Mitchell on Art Bell.

the relevant part to this discussion is in section 4. http://www.enterprisemission.com/dtran4.html

heres an extract from the debate:

EM: Well, you're stretching it way out of context. Let's say that at the time that was done it was undoubtedly considered a prudent policy to write such a thing into effect. In practice, what has happened, however, is that I know of no administrators since that time who have really considered extraterrestrial intelligence, or anyone at NASA at that level of operation that gave it practical consideration of something that needed to be done. As far as operation as crews, people on the job doing it, it had utterly no effect on us whatsoever. And I have signed nothing suggests that I am aware of that, or that I am required to be circumspect in what I say. It simply doesn't exist. That is ..

Too many know-it-all's on this website

Deleted.

Edited by Sweetpumper

hu12c.jpg Too many know-it-all's on this website

and how do you 'know' that may I ask? :tu:

• Like 1

Your opinion, but I will respectfully disagree. There is evidence which has been pointed out many, many times times before here throughout this forum, for example again, the Betty and Barney Hill abduction evidence, the Randlesham/Bentwater incident evidence, the Cash/Landrum incident with radiation burning from close contact with a ufo and , numerous, radar sightings going back for decades, but you can either choose to accept it, or not to.

You brought up Cooper. So if you're no longer offering his testimony as evidence, at least have the integrity to admit it instead of playing the typical 'run-away-and-hide' game of the eager-believer, crying 'squirrel' to deflect attention to other stories that weren't originally offered into evidence.

Cooper's stories, IMHO, are excellent examples of how intelligent, courageous, and essentially honest human beings can have their stories evolve over the years to please audiences and their own egos. It's an entirely innocent process, no sign of any overt falsification motivations, but just human nature, I guess. We see examples all over the place.

Otherwise, you've got to believe what he wrote in his own autobiography, that he saved the space shuttle program from a lethal design flaw in the oxygen system by relaying a telepathic warning from space aliens. There's no other way to read what he explicitly claimed. But is there any reason on Earth that a rational person would BELIEVE it?

• Like 1

EM: Well, you're stretching it way out of context. Let's say that at the time that was done it was undoubtedly considered a prudent policy to write such a thing into effect. In practice, what has happened, however, is that I know of no administrators since that time who have really considered extraterrestrial intelligence, or anyone at NASA at that level of operation that gave it practical consideration of something that needed to be done. As far as operation as crews, people on the job doing it, it had utterly no effect on us whatsoever. And I have signed nothing suggests that I am aware of that, or that I am required to be circumspect in what I say. It simply doesn't exist. That is ..

Fascinating... here we have one of the people the woo-woo crowd loves to use as evidence that something is going on stateing, unequivicably, "nothing is going on". Another thing that I find interesting is that well reasoned and insightful posts are usually completely ignored. Later on, it's as if they were never posted at all, and the same silly claims are brought up.

TIME AND TIME AGAIN!

not that we can trust it anyways, but why hasn't main stream media picked up on this "evidence" you suggest..which is hardly rock solid

in 70 yrs why hasn't there been any credible leaks pertaining to secrecy and cover up of aliens..surely secrets of this stature would have been leaked out by now...probably because there is no cover up and the stuff that does come out is all here say and speculation

I follow news from reputable sources yet haven't seen segments on radar reports or otherwise indicating these are definitely alien craft

all the believers out there are relying on faith because they want it to be true

its no different then any religion believing in some higher power watching over us

To be truthful I kinda want this stuff to be true as well as it would help us (humans) find our place in the cosmos and help us understand who we are,where we're going and all that

but what we want and what we have...NO ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE...are two different things

faith has no place in real science

Edited by khol
  • Like 1

....... but we shoot a rocket at them...then they run... FTB cant have it both ways.. :lol:

:tu:

Did we? Where did it come from? How are we capable of launching a missile that fast? What was the technology?

A lot of assumptions there Mr S.

Something was indeed fired but who did it,what it was and where it came from is very much open to speculation.

• Like 1

I explained this face-to-face to Greer in 1999, check my Purdue U explanation, and also my generic "99 FAQs" at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, but I warn you, there is some math and a few multisyllabic words, so you might have trouble. Please seek help.

I guess he wasn't impressed, and neither am I along with presumably a mass of other rational thinking people.

Btw please link the specific topic to save time in future! That site has more links that the Titanic's anchor chain.

Edited by zoser

not that we can trust it anyways, but why hasn't main stream media picked up on this "evidence" you suggest..which is hardly rock solid

in 70 yrs why hasn't there been any credible leaks pertaining to secrecy and cover up of aliens..surely secrets of this stature would have been leaked out by now...probably because there is no cover up and the stuff that does come out is all here say and speculation

I follow news from reputable sources yet haven't seen segments on radar reports or otherwise indicating these are definitely alien craft

all the believers out there are relying on faith because they want it to be true

its no different then any religion believing in some higher power watching over us

To be truthful I kinda want this stuff to be true as well as it would help us (humans) find our place in the cosmos and help us understand who we are,where we're going and all that

but what we want and what we have...NO ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE...are two different things

faith has no place in real science

For one thing the Hill abduction incident took place back in the 1960's, early as I recall. As far as the media "not picking up", uh, its been all over the place. A film has been made of the incident, as well as numerous books on this and many other subjects. If your a skeptic, I am guessing you would not be following up on the media reports of this incident which are still talked about on many ufo themed programs still today. I too follow news from "reputable sources." I guess it comes down to who you view as "reputable", yes?

Edited by Spacenut56