Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deep connection with someone I barely know

kira_north

Hello.

I've just discovered this forum while I was looking for similar stories to my personal one to which I could relate and I thought I'd better try requesting your opinion on my personal experience. I'll try to describe it as briefly as possible as I don't want to bore anyone with unnecessary details.

I met this guy in highschool, in our first year. He was the same age as me, but we were in different classrooms. As soon as I've noticed him, I felt there was something with him, I was extremely fascinated with him and I felt a deep connection out of a sudden. Initially, I wasn't attracted to him as I would be in case of a "crush". I was simply obsessed and wanting to discover more about him. Everytime we made eye contact, it was as if we had some hidden past and memories together that we were not completely aware of or conscient about. I've noticed that in the way he used to look at me - he also used to kind of stare at me from time to time, not knowing what to think of the whole situation.

Later, in the last year of highschool, we were officially introduced to one another by a friend of his (who I met coincidentally, on the bus, and the first thing he told me was that he wanted me to meet the guy I was obsessed about as he was also single). We only spent a night out in a pub, we talked as if we always did that, it seemed really familiar and natural to us, we kissed a few times, but when we left, neither of us mentioned anything about a future date and we didn't even exchanged numbers. Afterwards, it was like it has never really happened. He ignored me like before, saying just "Hi!" from time to time, but nothing more. I tried to talk to him, but he made up an excuse and left. It may seem just an obsession, but I am sure there's more than that.

This whole time, I used to meet him coincidentally everytime I went out, and I usually go out very rarely. I met him even in places where he doesn't usually hang out. I always dream about him and even after that night, we still look strangely at each other, as if there is still some unsolved conflict or issue. I feel an extreme attraction towards him and just when my obsession seems to has stopped, I come across him again. No matter what I do, I cannot stop thinking and wondering about him and another strange thing is that neither of us left this city after highschool, although we both wished to do that afterwards. I am going to stop here my story as it's going to get never-ending.

I really want to read your opinions on my experience and perhaps some of you could explain to me why this attraction and fascination with him exist and how I could stop it. I also want to mention that I am sure it's not only an obsession related to love or romantic feelings, as it started way before I actually got to know him a little better. And also, we are very similar - we have similar personalities, tastes, we like the same music and we almost behave and react the same.

Edited by kira_north

Hmmm, sounds like he does not reciprocate your feelings. I think sometimes cupid will stab someone right in the heart with an arrow but then completely miss the other person all together. I myself met a girl once and my heart nearly leapt out of my mouth the 1st time I set eyes on her, she was so beautiful and fun that I thought I would die if I could not be with her, but she had an on/off boyfriend. We would hang out sometimes and it was like torture for me as I was so close but yet so far from her getting closer to me. I eventually stopped hanging out with her to save my sanity.

My advise would be to ask him out one time and see what he says. If he is interested he will go out with you, if not he will make an excuse. If he does not want to be with you then just be happy that he is happy. Then you need to move on, try going out socializing more and making new friends. I know it's easier said then done but finding a good bar that you can drink in with friends will make all the difference.

Hello Kira,

Sounds like a normal twin soul or soul mate type of connection.

I have my story along with the stories of many of my friends. Your story seems to fit Rachel's story the most. She does not visit this forum as much as she once did. Every story is unique with different kinds of implications. I feel it is best to discover for yourself what is involved and the potential implications.

I hope that my thoughts on this will encourage you.

Sincerely,

John

It honestly sounds like the entire co-incidence thing is not there, and you find him very attractive, and he has no objection to your affections. After all there are worse things in the world than being admired. Having mutual friends, it seems no amazing thing that you two might meet. Sorry to sound a killjoy, but I think that is the honest truth. Nice story though, it more reminds me of how my step daughter met her other half. She felt it was co-incidence at time, but I thought she chased him a bit much, she is really pretty and does not have to chase. He a good bloke though.

I once met a girl who lived miles away from me, a good 2.5 hour drive, she visited the local night spots as a special treat with some friends for a night away on the tourist strip. I never used to frequent the particular venue she was at, but that night, a local band, Hippies From Hell were playing, and I liked their style, so I went up there and across a crowded room, just like a romance novel, met eyes with this stunning brunette. My friends kept telling me to talk to this girls little sister who was a very attractive young blonde and obviously a fun girl, but I had not seen a creature of such beauty as this brunette wonder in all my life and was determined to at least say hello hello. Luckily for me, we kept making eyes across the club, and slowly, table by table, edged closer together until I returned from the bar to find her very close to where my friends were standing.

Why, Hello hello :D

We spoke, and I found out where she was from, astoundingly enough my good friend whom I was out with, happened to be going to that very town the following weekend for a party. We organised a date night, and I hitched a ride with my friend to her place. As we got to know each other, it turned out she had the same name as my brothers wife and she already had a child, who had the same name as my brothers son, then I found out we grew up not all that far apart, and would have passed each other in the street at one time. Then it turned out a friend of mine has a crush on her little sister, and has done from school, turns out they knew each other from school. He used to play with her brothers. It then struck me what luck it was to go to the very bar that I rarely frequent on that very night when she happened to be visiting my town. I never would have considered dating a single Mum back in those days too, didn't want to get into the middle of things, that just went right out the window as soon as we looked into each others eyes.

Which I thought was quite an amazing set of co-incidences, maybe it is?, Maybe some co-incidences just happen? Who can say? Just if you see something you want, grab it with both hands before it's gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEvwO1F7Cw

Anyway, good luck I hope it turns out well for you.

Hello.

I've just discovered this forum while I was looking for similar stories to my personal one to which I could relate and I thought I'd better try requesting your opinion on my personal experience. I'll try to describe it as briefly as possible as I don't want to bore anyone with unnecessary details.

I met this guy in highschool, in our first year. He was the same age as me, but we were in different classrooms. As soon as I've noticed him, I felt there was something with him, I was extremely fascinated with him and I felt a deep connection out of a sudden. Initially, I wasn't attracted to him as I would be in case of a "crush". I was simply obsessed and wanting to discover more about him. Everytime we made eye contact, it was as if we had some hidden past and memories together that we were not completely aware of or conscient about. I've noticed that in the way he used to look at me - he also used to kind of stare at me from time to time, not knowing what to think of the whole situation.

Later, in the last year of highschool, we were officially introduced to one another by a friend of his (who I met coincidentally, on the bus, and the first thing he told me was that he wanted me to meet the guy I was obsessed about as he was also single). We only spent a night out in a pub, we talked as if we always did that, it seemed really familiar and natural to us, we kissed a few times, but when we left, neither of us mentioned anything about a future date and we didn't even exchanged numbers. Afterwards, it was like it has never really happened. He ignored me like before, saying just "Hi!" from time to time, but nothing more. I tried to talk to him, but he made up an excuse and left. It may seem just an obsession, but I am sure there's more than that.

This whole time, I used to meet him coincidentally everytime I went out, and I usually go out very rarely. I met him even in places where he doesn't usually hang out. I always dream about him and even after that night, we still look strangely at each other, as if there is still some unsolved conflict or issue. I feel an extreme attraction towards him and just when my obsession seems to has stopped, I come across him again. No matter what I do, I cannot stop thinking and wondering about him and another strange thing is that neither of us left this city after highschool, although we both wished to do that afterwards. I am going to stop here my story as it's going to get never-ending.

I really want to read your opinions on my experience and perhaps some of you could explain to me why this attraction and fascination with him exist and how I could stop it. I also want to mention that I am sure it's not only an obsession related to love or romantic feelings, as it started way before I actually got to know him a little better. And also, we are very similar - we have similar personalities, tastes, we like the same music and we almost behave and react the same.

The only person who holds relevance here is Psychic spy. Its not that the others are wrong, I just don't think that are understanding what it is your're asking.

There are no coincidences, only opportunities. The chances that you knew each other from a past life is very likely, just as the chance that you were a grain of sand. The universe may only be so old, but you can't just simply create time. Multiple universes have existed before the universe, as we see it today, did. I'm not speaking of the muilti-verse, or other dimensions; before the big bang, there was a universe with its own big bang. It starts with one, it ends with one, recreating the universe with antimatter and stardust. Don't ask me how I know this because my answer is the sun told me.

Your brain is like a computer, you have probably been told this your entire life. But those who you let run your life would never tell you just how powerful it is. Evolution threatens those who hold power today, and could cause complete destruction to the (already) flawed system that put them their. As long as they can keep a thumb on the natural expansion of human consciousness, they can control all the power. But the sun wants you to know its inevitable.

Everything you feel is for a reason, just like the crow up on the telephone wire outside the window. Trust your instincts, and learn to truly feel. You will remember him.

I know that feeling well. Since it's late now I'll get back to you about it later if you happen to visit the forum sometime during the week. One thing is sure though. You will need to talk to him before you lose him completely. There is a reason to why he didn't ask you out again and I have a feeling as if he won't tell you the reason unless you ask him first. Ask him out on another 'friendly' date.

But if you two have met in a previous life (say Reincarnation is real) then this man is a Twin-Flame not a Soul-mate. You can meet your Twin flame and even marry him and be together but at times it does happen that the Twin Flame is taken in a relationship, a baby or even much older. The reason to why I say this man can be a Twin Flame (if you two previously encountered eachother in another life) is because he shows signs like confusion. Or maybe he could be a soul that you've come across in a past life and that's what make the situation now familiar.

The male twin would usually run away from a potential relationship out of fear. It is said, if I remember correctly, that if two Twin Flames don't reunite in a life (because one is taken or one runs away) then they will continue to reincarnate until they find eachother to be with one another. When that moment occurs, in their deaths there will be no future reincarnation because together they will return back to God, their creator.

Edited by Euryleia
  • Like 1

Maybe you knew him in a past life.i have had these connection with girls also.

Right now this girl who works in the supermarket I know her for a year,

I think I knew her from a past life maybe a ex g/f or wife even

Edited by coolguy

My question is whether the sensation you experienced can be compared to deja vu? I ask that because I am fairly persuaded (with a lot of doubt coming from the skeptical side of me) that my most recent past life has shown me glimpses of what it was that way rather then memories. However, the experiences have dealt with places and things like that rather than people.

My question is whether the sensation you experienced can be compared to deja vu? I ask that because I am fairly persuaded (with a lot of doubt coming from the skeptical side of me) that my most recent past life has shown me glimpses of what it was that way rather then memories. However, the experiences have dealt with places and things like that rather than people.

Actaully, yes, these sensations have been similar to deja vu, but I think these have been even more intense than a typical deja vu sensation.

• 4 years later...

I had know idea there were so many people who have had this. I thought I was the only one and it was rare but I think perhaps this happens to everyone in their lives. I've been doing a ton of research on it and I think we should come up with a name for it. I was in a show with this girl a little older than me that I didn't know and ever since then we always are drawn to each other (not in a romantic or sexual way) in a strange way. Weird coincidences always happen. It is painful to know I will probably never be close to her. All of you have helped so much with my research so please comment name ideas for this strange kindred connection 

Edited by Bluwkarou