Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comic Relief money invested in arms and tobac

freetoroam

Millions of pounds donated to Comic Relief have been invested in funds with shares in tobacco, alcohol and arms firms, BBC Panorama has learned.

The BBC has also seen evidence which suggests Save the Children censored criticism of energy firms, to avoid upsetting corporate partners.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25273024

Posted this in true crime, cos thats exactly what it is...A CRIME.

With the amount of money they have invested, they could have build a few new towns with running water and electricity for the people who needed it.

Las vegas was built in the desert with running water and electricity, comic relief could have built a good few towns in the most vulnerable parts of Africa with the money they have made.................................and yet, we are STILL seeing adverts for us to donate money because little NgMumbi is STILL walking miles to collect water.

How do these charities get away with this? If the normal joe invested his council tax in an ofshore account instead of paying it to the council, he would be arrested, and yet....here we have TRUE CRIME and nothing gets done.

• Like 1

There is another thread on this, but this is now being brought up again in the news, looks like the BBC ( and rightly so) will not let this get brushed under the carpet.

Edited by freetoroam

I wish I could pull the stats I saw a few months back re. corrupt charities. The numbers were astounding...it would be easier to count the number of good charities :no:

• Like 1

soooo many charities work in a way that may prevent many of us from donating if we knew what was going on behind the scenes.

• Like 1

soooo many charities work in a way that may prevent many of us from donating if we knew what was going on behind the scenes.

I believe most of us do know what goes on behind the scenes, but we hoped in our hearts that the money is going to where it has been promised....unfortunately this news is NOT news, it started many years ago.

personally, I think there should be NO charities, the leaders of this world should be dealing with the starving and impoverished people, they have our money and are spending it on what THEY want to.

The whole thing is a complete disgrace.

Posted this in true crime, cos thats exactly what it is...A CRIME.

Moved to the correct forum.

As no laws have been broken "True Crime" is not the place this topic should be.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

He told Panorama he "wouldn't put donors' money into tobacco companies" and said charities should invest ethically.

No laws have been broken, just a whole bunch of LIES! No doubt they will get away with this, the only people affected are those who should have received it and those who gave it.....hence no laws have been broken because we, the little people do not matter.

THEY LIED.... is that legal?

No laws have been broken,

Exactly. And that is why your thread was moved.

A lot of charity money goes to 'Unscupulous' Sources.I will not give a penny to the RSPCA after they would not come to pick up our injured dog who fracture his leg.We had to carry him up a 40 ft set of steps and drive him 30 minutes to a vet whilst his leg was shattered.He survived with one leg shorter than the other for 9 years.He was worth it though