Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has this been debunked yet?

AZDZ

Did Zoser actually link to a story that has its origins in a Weekly World News article?

That's so beyond hilarious, it's not funny. It's actually sad and an indicator of just how he swallows anything that claims to be a UFO story without even the most basic of fact checking

He sure did! :tsu:

I mean - Good Lord,... just when you thought this fool couldnt possiby sink any lower!!

• Like 1

Jim's not a Ufologist Hazz.

He's a rocket scientist. Would you send your car to be repaired by the window cleaner?

Right, to be a rocket scientist requires a keenly analytical mind and extensive training in science. Ufology requires only a keen sense of outrage and a low budget website.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

After this EPIC FAIL, I have a hard time seeing anyone taking this fool seriously. :lol:

• Like 1

After this EPIC FAIL, I have a hard time seeing anyone taking this fool seriously. :lol:

But we know its water of a ducks back - to him.. he'll offer a reply while posting something totally unrelated - doing his swerve again :lol:

• Like 1

But we know its water of a ducks back - to him.. he'll offer a reply while posting something totally unrelated - doing his swerve again :lol:

That's his MO. He also likes to accuse others of swerving just for questioning his assertions. Sad.

He sure did! :tsu:

I mean - Good Lord,... just when you thought this fool couldnt possiby sink any lower!!

I think its rather sad to resort to name calling. I respect a skeptics point of view, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it though,

I think its rather sad to resort to name calling. I respect a skeptics point of view, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it though,

But if you're a believer...FINE...there's room for everyone. But can all believers at least do a little bit of research about the stories they post? And will believers please familiarise themselves with known BAD SOURCES of information?

That'd be a start. Then at least the sceptics will have to work a bit looking into the claims..

• Like 1

well but the said can be said of the other side as well though. May I ask what do you consider to be "bad sources of information" besides, you tube?

well but the said can be said of the other side as well though. May I ask what do you consider to be "bad sources of information" besides, you tube?

Heres a start! Keep away from: -

Anything from World Weekly News

Ditto, Russian Pravda

All of Billy Meirs Claims

Ditto Von Daniken

Everything the AA series imply

Sitchin

Chris Dunn and the Pyramid power plant theories, well, any of his pyramid theories actually

No doubt others will add more, but like I said, its a good place to start from, And doesn't really leave ufology with much after the above are ruled out

typo

Edited by seeder

For example, I just went to the world weekly news, know what their first story is?

GOOGLE STREET VIEW REVEALS E.T.

BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ – Google Street View users have discovered what appears to be an alien next to a mysterious beam of light!

http://weeklyworldnews.com/

:lol:

Now they publish as if its from 2013...BUT, the astute researcher who verifies links - finds...its from 2009 :tu:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/5042502/ET-tracked-down-on-Google-Street-View.html

google_et.jpg?w=610

Edited by seeder

It is clear some people are frustrated with Zoser's inability to intelligently discuss the ETH.

• Like 2

It is clear some people are frustrated with Zoser's inability to intelligently discuss the ETH.

Or discuss it at all. He finds one or two phrases designed to avoid any discussion and repeats them like a robot. "That's not true" and "tell me what proof you need" are his favorites at the moment.

• Like 1

Or discuss it at all. He finds one or two phrases designed to avoid any discussion and repeats them like a robot. "That's not true" and "tell me what proof you need" are his favorites at the moment.

Indeed. I've seen a few people here eventually abandon the belief in favor of rational approaches. One regular poster here used to post lots of links and never discussed them in any real way. Now that person shows a high degree of critical thinking and challenges the ETH. Our old friend MID had the patience to pull that off. I'm sure we can follow his example.

Edited by sinewave

Indeed. I've seen a few people here eventually abandon the belief in favor of rational approaches. One regular poster here used to post lots of links and never discussed them in any real way. Now that person shows a high degree of critical thinking and challenges the ETH. Our old friend MID had the patience to pull that off. I'm sure we can follow his example.

I have been saying that for months now,... Poor zoser is his own worst enemy. He is doing a better job getting people to become skeptical of UFOology than anyone here.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

Heres a start! Keep away from: -

Anything from World Weekly News

Ditto, Russian Pravda

All of Billy Meirs Claims

Ditto Von Daniken

Everything the AA series imply

Sitchin

Chris Dunn and the Pyramid power plant theories, well, any of his pyramid theories actually

No doubt others will add more, but like I said, its a good place to start from, And doesn't really leave ufology with much after the above are ruled out

typo

You mean anyone who challenges the mainstream view of the world that has hypnotised thinking for hundreds of years?

• Like 1

Jim Oberg is an American space journalist and historian, regarded as an expert on the Russian space program,... I would say that makes him the go-to guy regarding the question/claim if the Russian cosmonauts aboard the Salyut 7 really did claim to see angels.

If I wanted wild science fiction stories and fantasy in this matter, YOU would be the better choice.

That must mean that you can easily debunk the case?

Have a go. :whistle:

Edited by zoser

That must mean that you can easily debunk the case?

Have a go. :whistle:

The real feat would be proving it. Have a go!

• Like 2

I have been saying that for months now,... Poor zoser is his own worst enemy. He is doing a better job getting people to become skeptical of UFOology than anyone here.

Now what are you on about Mr H?

I can always tell when you are out of ideas.

:clap::tu:

• Like 1

Done mate.

Cosmonauts Leonid Kizim, Oleg Atkov, Vladimir Solovyov, Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk and Vladimir Jannibekov. were doing their routine work, and laboratory experiments, when suddenly a cloud of orange mist enveloped the entire station.

http://beforeitsnews...es-2442904.html

Quite a few credible guys there

Plus they have actually been in space. Jim can only talk about it.

B)

Edited by zoser

Done mate.

Cosmonauts Leonid Kizim, Oleg Atkov, Vladimir Solovyov, Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk and Vladimir Jannibekov. were doing their routine work, and laboratory experiments, when suddenly a cloud of orange mist enveloped the entire station.

B)

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Done mate.

B)

beforeitsnews.com is not a reliable source of information. It's a website where anyone can sign up and post anything they want. It's a regular source of nonsense.

ADG-UK have no credibility whatsoever. They have posted outright fakes many times on their website and YouTube and the 'angels' shown in the linked article by them are a known side effect of overly bright objects on unprocessed low-res images from the likes of the SOHO satellites.

More importantly however, the story about the Russian cosmonauts seeing huge angels comes form a 1985 issue of The Weekly World News, a "newspaper" that nobody apart the truly deluded thinks is a genuine source of news. At least half the stories they print are clearly for comedic intent llke the ongoing Batboy series. I had a friend who used to collect them back in the 80s and 90s and would regularly give copies to me so I could read them for the lulz. Stories about heaven being photographed by the Hubble Telescope, the garden of eden being found in Arizona, etc. Hilarious nonsense. And you either fall for this kind of stuff or you lack the most basic fact-finding skills to try and verify this nonsense before embarrassing yourself by spewing it up on these forums as gospel truth.

fitted.jpg

What next, are you going to quote articles from the Onion to back your case?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

Done mate.

B)

There is no proof there Z. Fortunately for mankind, proof is more than talk.

Edited by sinewave

There's no proof there. Just talk.

It's even worse than just talk, it's talk from a trio of sources known to be the origins of utter nonsense like I said above - beforeitsnews.com, ADG-UK and the Weekly World News. How zoser actually falls for this stuff and seriously posts it as fact is hard to fathom.
  • Like 3