Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rich kid gets probation for killing 4

Orcseeker

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/11/texas-man-who-lost-wife-and-daughter-to-rich-kid-drunk-driver-fuming-over-sentence/

I'm lost for words. Just step down and strip any entitlement of the judge and psychologist and throw that kid in jail. I knew the US judicial system was favoured towards the rich and the corporations but this isn't even trying to hide itself.

Edit: whoops just realised it was posted elsewhere. Sorry mods

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 3

Although I do not agree with the ruling, it amazes me how incredibly quick this turned in to a "race' issue. I read it many times in the articles and comments about this topic that it boils down to being a "rich-white-male." If I'm not mistaken, since this precedent is now set, then the courts must start taking this "factual" evidence with 'statistics' to back them up and apply them towards all other manor of races and crimes. ie; African American Males create the most violent murders factually per day or that factually across the United States Blacks and Latino's lead ALL crime statistics.

So, given this precedent and with how all these media outlets, as well as, people commenting and writing the Judge/ D.A.'s offices about this topic are saying that we should judge these racial and gender profiles according to these statistics and pin these violators to the wall with a maximum penalty, then the SAME will have to go for the statistical profiles I mentioned above.

Will this happen though? HECK NO! Because the VERY SAME people whom are SO ready to attack this kid and turn this into a racial matter simply because he's white, would absolutely NOT be willing to judge the same against people of other races... Sorry, but that's pure hypocrisy and it's not right... I am one whom believes equality on ALL fronts should be upheld.

• Like 1

Honestly, I dont think jail is the answer. This could have just as easily been me at 16, or damn near anyone I know. I think we are way to quick to throw people in cages. Now if he was ever caught driving drunk again, throw away the key.

• Like 1

"Affluenza"?????? Really? This is not joke? A condition that makes you not responsible for your actions because you grew up rich????? Well hell I want that condition.

I am shocked at the simple audacity of it.

• Like 2

Honestly, I dont think jail is the answer. This could have just as easily been me at 16, or damn near anyone I know. I think we are way to quick to throw people in cages. Now if he was ever caught driving drunk again, throw away the key.

He killed people by breaking the law and jail is not the answer?... I'm all for forgiveness eventually, but lets revisit him when he has 26 and see if he deserves it then.

• Like 6

I'd have thrown his backside in jail if I was the judge. Maybe not the 25 years the prosecution was going for, but 5 to 10 would have had a much better effect at knocking the "affluenza" out of him!

That poor man has lost his wife and child and has basically been told because this kids was brought up a spoilt little brat he won't be punished for it. That's just terrible.

The story I saw said that because of his parents' wealth he had never learned that there were consequences for his actions. The court missed a perfect opportunity to teach him the facts of life. Instead, all they did was make his warped world view more true.

• Like 8

Maybe the kid used his "affluenza" to "help" the judge come to the "appropriate " verdict. Sounds like this is what he is used to having happen.

• Like 3

affluenza huh? ya, poor baby has suffered so by it ... That judge is either stupid or bought off .. or both. The kid's decisions and actions killed people.. there should be consequences. He needs a "time out" to think.

• Like 1

Its bs like this that will force people to take the law into their own hands. Which, ofcourse, would eventually create utter chaos.

I know if the rich kid killed my wife and child, and the judge would rule in a similar fashion, I would discontinue the perp myself.

Would not care about the consequences.

• Like 4

Except this apparently was not his first run in with the law. A bit of reality helps for these types.

• Like 2

This is bull, rich kids always get off.poor kids go to jail even though iam sure they could have got probation

• Like 1

He was given probation for killing four people what a farse We just point out this same judge gave a black boy 10 years for hitting someone while given this rich white boy probation for killing people while breaking the law. Oh he was forced to resign after petition, after petition was made.

• Like 1

Although I do not agree with the ruling, it amazes me how incredibly quick this turned in to a "race' issue. I read it many times in the articles and comments about this topic that it boils down to being a "rich-white-male." If I'm not mistaken, since this precedent is now set, then the courts must start taking this "factual" evidence with 'statistics' to back them up and apply them towards all other manor of races and crimes. ie; African American Males create the most violent murders factually per day or that factually across the United States Blacks and Latino's lead ALL crime statistics.

hm, this is a fact.

same judge gave a black boy 10 years for hitting someone while given this rich white boy probation for killing people while breaking the law.

i see they have a reason to turn it into race issue. in this particular case, do they not?????

in this case, i don't blame race issue instigators, i blame the judge for giving them a reason, the little sht head should be in jail for life.

Aztek yes, they have a reason to bring up race as one of the issues as this judge.. I also blame the judge for giving them reason to use race as a issue as such he deserved to get the book thrown at him. The black kid was given 10 years for punching someone while this kid got probation for Killing four um what?

Not for life, maybe 10 years, though has this man appealed?

He killed people he deserved life for killing four then paralyzing one of the boys in the car with him at the time.

He was also driving drunk which is another crime which made it a felony here in Texas. Why give him probation for such a serious crime?

• Like 1

Well well well... there are now 5 lawsuits being brought against the boy by the families of the crash victims. :D I'm glad they're going after the father and his company as it was a company vehicle the child was driving.

Couch is facing five lawsuits brought by families of the crash victims. The suits also target Couch's father, Fred Couch, as well as Fred's company, Cleburne Metal Works, which owned the pickup Couch was driving during the fatal wreck.

Full story

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 3

I read yesterday that the same judge handed down a 10 year prison term for a boy who (i assume) played the knock out game, and ended up knocking someone out resulting in them fatally injuring their head. The kid was a poor underprivileged black kid.

• Like 2

Wonder if they will now develop a condition for less fortunate people when this happens to them. Anyone else think so? If they're arrested and underprivileged, just send them somewhere to learn how it is to be wealthy! Drunk driving problem solved.

• Like 2

drunk drivers imo deserve to never be allowed to operate any vehicle ever again for the rest of their miserable and worthless lives, also this piece of **** should be rotting in jail. i have no sympathy for any piece of trash that drives when they are intoxicated personally i hope they flip their vehicle and die before they have a chance to harm any innocent person.

• Like 3