Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Shooting Going On

green_dude777

It's over. Shooter dead. Two students injured.

Edit: heard the shooter shot himself.

Edited by Bavarian Raven

Man, they can't get enough pot into that state fast enough.

Great. Drugs will only make things worse :/

Actually, I think pot would make the shooter relax and think through something of this magnitude. I'm not condoning it, but drugs ARE NOT the problem here. It's merely psychological. Thing is, you can blame everything in society as the reason. Parenting is usually the cause IMHO. The type of drugs which would escalate this type of behavior wouldn't include marijuana. Just saying. I respect the growth of Colorado's stance on the drug war. It makes sense. Alcohol is a killer, not pot. Sorry, off topic, I know, but I hate when someone say something like that. I don't' even smoke anymore myself, but if I wanted to, it would be good to know my government backs me up. Drinking and fighting go hand in hand. When one smokes pot, they make friends not enemies. Where is the evil in that??

• Like 6

I was just in Breckenridge. The entire time there, I didn't see ONE cop. Not one. It was the one thing we talked about after the first day.

• Like 1

It seems there have been at least 5 massacres in Colorado, 4 of which have been in schools.

This incident will not be added to the list as it was not a massacre, but jeeze....what are they feeding them kids there?

Saying that, it will be interesting to see how he got access to the gun he used to wound the 2 students.

Where they his enemies?

Did they torment him to breaking point?

Did he know them?....more than likely yes.

I only ask the last 2 questions because could have gone on a killing spree, but this did not seem to be his intentions.

Lots of questions to be asked, far too early yet to know.

Whats the chances it's yet another kid they have forced onto 'psychiatric medication', he will have ended up with some type of 'dissociative disorder' as a 'side-effect' and felt life was not worth living as the medication made him so detached from his peer group. But we will never know cos it tends to get swept under the carpet when the pharmacy companies pull out their multi-million dollar paid lawyers.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 2

Jeezez, he was after a teacher? But the teacher left went when he realised he was the target....makes sense, flee and leave the gunman in the school to shoot the kids instead... surely this is not what happened?

does anyone find this disturbing??

121313_shep_coloschool_640.jpg

No, the shooter could easily sneak out with the students who are leaving and the police have no identification to work with. The students are smart to show they are unarmed when a police force is looking for someone with a gun.

• Like 1

What i find disturbing is the fact that the teacher the shooter was after had fled the building, this teacher knew who the shooter was and could have told the police so there would have been no need to get these students to walk out like this, if the shooter had not been dead at the time these students were leaving with their hands above their heads then surely that would have put them in more danger?

Maybe the police thought he might not have been alone, but if that was the case then i believe we would have been seeing news of a massacre, but that was not the case at all.

Edited by freetoroam

I'd find it disturbing if the police had their guns trained on them.

• Like 1

Jeezez, he was after a teacher? But the teacher left went when he realised he was the target....makes sense, flee and leave the gunman in the school to shoot the kids instead... surely this is not what happened?

What i find disturbing is the fact that the teacher the shooter was after had fled the building, this teacher knew who the shooter was and could have told the police so there would have been no need to get these students to walk out like this, if the shooter had not been dead at the time these students were leaving with their hands above their heads then surely that would have put them in more danger?

Maybe the police thought he might not have been alone, but if that was the case then i believe we would have been seeing news of a massacre, but that was not the case at all.

Here is where ignorance, and jumping to conclusions make people look real stupid.

The teacher went out of the building to get the shooter to follow.......Thus, potentially saving many kids lives.

That Teacher was smart, brave, and deserves more then stupid assumptions like above.

• Like 6

Here is where ignorance, and jumping to conclusions make people look real stupid.

The teacher went out of the building to get the shooter to follow.......Thus, potentially saving many kids lives.

That Teacher was smart, brave, and deserves more then stupid assumptions like above.

Sorry, missed that bit from the article which was posted....so is that what the teacher said was it?

It was not a stupid assumption, it was a comment made in accordance to what the article said, if since then the story has changed because of what the teacher has said....then you are the one who is being stupid for jumping to conclusions on what i posted because you did not read the previous article.

I trust that the teacher has said this now and it was the reason he left, and that you have not made it up....but better still, neither did the teacher as the reason for going.

I am not sure where the saving many kids lives comes from, he did not go there to massacre the students in the school, and WHEN the teacher left, this is when he shot the other 2 students.

The wanting him to follow him outside bit really does not make sense at all, if there was a chance he could have "potentially" shot other students, he could have done it on the way out, so that just sounds like an excuse for running.

Sorry, you DO NOT leave the building with all the other students inside if you think they could "potentially" get shot too.

Edited by freetoroam

Pot dont make people do stuff like this but booze does.anyways reports said that the shooter was aiming for a teacher

Sorry, missed that bit from the article which was posted....so is that what the teacher said was it?

It was not a stupid assumption, it was a comment made in accordance to what the article said, if since then the story has changed because of what the teacher has said....then you are the one who is being stupid for jumping to conclusions on what i posted because you did not read the previous article.

I trust that the teacher has said this now and it was the reason he left, and that you have not made it up....but better still, neither did the teacher as the reason for going.

I am not sure where the saving many kids lives comes from, he did not go there to massacre the students in the school, and WHEN the teacher left, this is when he shot the other 2 students.

The wanting him to follow him outside bit really does not make sense at all, if there was a chance he could have "potentially" shot other students, he could have done it on the way out, so that just sounds like an excuse for running.

Sorry, you DO NOT leave the building with all the other students inside if you think they could "potentially" get shot too.

• Teacher tried to lure shooter from school
    Officials credited a targeted teacher with saving lives by leaving a Colorado high school involved in gunfire. A student sought him out before killing himself.
    http://www.msn.com/?...42&ocid=U142DHP

• A quick-thinking teacher may have saved other lives Friday by trying to lure a student brandishing a shotgun away from teenagers at a Colorado high school, where the gunman wounded a fellow student before killing himself, authorities said.

• "The teacher exited the school immediately, which was, in my opinion, the most important tactical decision that could have been made," Robinson said. "I believe it was a wise tactical decision to remove himself from the school so maybe the threat went toward him rather than the school."
    I wait for official reports, not just a reporters opinion.
    I did not mean you alone, I meant media, and people jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Why the heck not? This is a teacher, not a military officer who won't leave a man behind or a captain who should go down with his ship. If the teacher stayed, how would that have kept the shooter - if he wanted to - from shooting the other high school students AND the teacher. To expect a teacher to stand there and get shot just so the kid with the gun could maybe get it out of his system or whatever and not shoot anyone else is, in my mind, ludicrous.

The teacher didn't hide behind students or use them as decoys. Charged with their safety in school? Sure.. yah... up to a point that is way above and beyond what a teacher can be expected to do.

I don't know the particulars. From what I heard on the news this evening, it wasn't a case of the teacher jumping out a window to safety while the kid with the gun was actually in the room with him and a bunch of other students.

• Like 1

What the teacher did was smart. He was the target. He removed himself from a densely populated building full of teenagers.

Remove the target and a few things may happen the shooter may follow, the shooter may give up, the shooter may go Berserk.

Those are better odds then staying in and the chances of a fatal shooting drastically increasing.

I can fully understand the leaving the building, but smart? maybe... but I still say the students safety should have come first and I just can not see how leaving the building without trying to get the kids out first was a brave move to take.

My point is there is no way he could have been sure that the shooter would not have started shooting at others........which is infact, is exactly what he done.

Edited by freetoroam

I can fully understand the leaving the building, but smart? maybe... but I still say the students safety should have come first and I just can not see how leaving the building without trying to get the kids out first was a brave move to take.

My point is there is no way he could have been sure that the shooter would not have started shooting at others........which is infact, is exactly what he done.

The students weren't the targets he was.

By leaving he had te greatest chance of saving thier lives. Because the odds of the gun man following him is greater.

If I read correctly in an article te two teens wounded were confronting the gunman.

If someone is targeting you with a gun - you run for your life. Anybody who is trying to put cowardice on the face of the teacher is not dealing in reality. As has been said, he is not a trained police officer and what he knew at the time is that somebody is gunning for him.

Did he have a responsibility for the safety of the other students? Yes, in as much as he was capable of providing without direct harm to himself.

How that played out in that building is something he and perhaps some other witnesses know, we most certainly do not know if he was in a position to assist others or if attempting to get to others meant he had to directly cross paths with the gunman - the other students could have been on the opposite side to him with the gun man in the middle and hence him running away meant he was leading the gunman away from other targets just as the article suggested.

• Like 2