Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religious Psychology

idioticidioms

I find religion to be particularly insightful when viewed with the eye of psychology on people within the bible as well as the people who wrote it. Certain stories, specifically, are great for this. I want to tell two. One will give insight into the beginnings of man's troubles and is the Christian/Catholic version of Pandora's Box, and the other will give insight into the power of a man who has learned how to live in spite of everything else.

I mean no disrespect to the religions, though I find some of their beliefs to be archaic, conflicting and often times misinterpreted by their followers. There is a lot to be learned of human history in the Bible and it has great stories of valor and morality and glory, even if some of the passages tell us it's ok to rape virgins or murder people. I think we can allow people a little room for ignorance given how stupid we all can be at times.

Every man and every group of man is at fault at some point in their lives for adding to the larger mess of things, it's a sad and unavoidable truth. I have involved Pleiadians and Reptilians into this first story due to their popularity and the very strong possibility that they exist; as evidenced not just by ancient Sumerian culture and other ancient cultures (reptilians), but in our more recent greek and roman mythology, which timed well with what was going on in the bible roughly 10,000 years ago. (Pleiadians)

Anyway...

The story of Adam and Eve, for me, is a tragic story of technology, luxury and then the harsh road to recovery bogged with negative emotions.

We begin, first of all, with Adam in the Garden of Eden. Now, in the Bible, it states that the Garden of Eden is basically a bubble of paradise in a world that was then a harsh wasteland. While Adam existed in Eden, there were men that existed outside of Eden, unknown to Adam. It was said that to live in Eden meant to be free of pain and suffering. Furthermore, Adam had no rules save the one rule: do not eat of the fruit from the tree of knowledge. In modern rewritings, the fruit is an apple and yet, in past versions, it has been the fig.

I make my first assumption with assuming that the Garden itself is a bio-dome, located on the nearside of the last ice age, which began roughly 110,000 years ago and ended roughly 10,000 years ago. Makes those Creationists not look so stupid, eh? For, we WERE created, in a sense, at that time. However, I doubt that our entire planet was created then or that all of the universe was. I make my next assumption in assuming that Eden is ran by astronauts from another planet; or perhaps the remnants from an advanced ancient species that had already existed on Earth. I reject the latter for reasons I will explain later. For now, I will say that it is more likely they came from a failing planet within the Pleiadian system of stars.

For my assumption, I will further assume that these men and women were the elite of their race: Scientists and biochemists and psychologists, etc. I further assume that the story of Adam and Eve is not an isolated occurrence, but happened in multiple spots throughout the world at the same time, making for the beginnings of several different cultures and species of humans.

Adam's first wife was Lilith, who became later known as an evil succubus with intents to hurt Adam. Adam himself took this on blind faith and when they presented him with Eve, asked very few questions because he was simple-minded and very trusting. I believe Lilith to have been a part of an experiment that is ongoing to this day wherein these Pleiadians give a jump-start to an inferior species by breeding in them first insecurities and then seeing what became of it as time went on; perhaps to find answers to their own species evolution or perhaps simply to raise us to their level of consciousness so we could be as equals.

Whatever their reasoning behind it, I believe that they were interfered with by a species that was already here known as the reptilians, who were previously worshipped as Gods by such cultures as the Sumerians. With the Ice Age, these reptilians took shelter within the core of the Earth itself. Given that we can only date mankinds existence back 200,000 years and our technology has come this far, I don't find much trouble imagining that with billions, an reptilian species could have done the same. Perhaps they used us as slaves. I like to think that we have more in common with both of these species that we view to be Gods and Devils than we imagine. I don't think any species is godly or devilish and yet all have their fair share of good men and women and bad men and women and those in the middle; all governed by nature.

The one rule was not to eat the fruit of that tree, under penalty of death. When they found Adam to be so content in luxury as to not rise to curiousity to eat the fruit, they sent him Lilith. When she fell in love with his naivety and honest nature, she refused and they got rid of her. Enter, Eve. Now, I imagine the reptilians were fairly p***ed about the whole thing and found ways to sneak in and sabotage these pleiadian guests. I say guests, even though they were probably the ones who sent the comet that wiped out the dinosaurs, allowing the evolution of smaller species to which they wouldn't fall prey. Two birds with one stone; three, actually; for Eve was also a pain in their ass trying to get into a position of power.

Eve got Adam to eat the apple, it got blamed on the snake in the garden and they finally had reason to cast Adam out in the wild to get their large-scale experiment underway. In eating the apple, Adam felt guilty for breaking the rule and began to fear 'God' and having never felt fear, before, thinking this 'God' knew everything, he felt naked. Eve thought she was in for promotion or gifts and soon found herself, along with Adam, outside of the gates. They began to feel pain and suffering for the first time and began fighting bitterly, but all they had was each other and Eve knew she had better stick with Adam if she ever had hope of returning to the team. They had their first child, Cain, who was raised in the midst of their fighting. Note that Adam was not killed for eating the fruit even though that was the punishment. And in breaking the rule, he was suddenly given the knowledge of right and wrong.

Eve would b**** about how hard things were and Adam would blame her and she; knowing it was her fault but refusing to admit it; would get angry and vindictive. Anything that Cain did was never good enough and as the first son to a new couple, always felt like he had something more to prove. By the time Abel came along, Adam and Eve had settled down a bit, but there was no way for them to bridge the gap between them and Cain. They raised Abel a little better and gave him more praise and he became responsible. But, Cain grew jealous of Abel for the better attention he received along with his natural-seeming ability to do well with whatever he did.

Jealous, but Cain surely wouldn't have killed Abel just for jealousy alone. He loved Abel because Abel was his little brother and, truthfully, the only one he could rely on and trust with his secrets. When 'God' came to visit the family to check in on them, Abel and Cain had offerings for him. Since the family had been under observation for terms of the experiment, they knew how both Cain and Abel were mentally and physically. He received their offerings and said to Abel, 'Abel, this is an awesome offering! You have done so well!' and then to Cain, 'What is this, Cain? See the offering that your brother prepares for me of sheep? Why can't you till the land to produce food to match Abel's offering?'

Snubbed by God, he didn't react immediately at first and mulled it over a couple of days. But, the more he thought about it, the more he got mad at Abel. Being snubbed by their parents and having Abel praised by them was one thing. He was used to it and could take it. But God? No... Immediately after, Cain felt remorseful, for there was his brother before him. And, sure enough, 'God' came back over the hills and with mock surprise, 'what is this, Cain? Where is your brother?'

Cain, not being able to lie to 'God', explained and then asked for death. 'God' says, 'no, you shall not have it. You will bear this iniquity the rest of the days of your life.' 'Other men will kill me when they find out.' 'Tell those men that if any touch a hair on your head for what you have done that their fate will be tenfold the punishment yours will be.' Unable to really live with Adam and Eve at this point, Cain leaves them and goes wandering through the wilderness. He eventually finds groups of men here and there with some speaking abilities. He sees them living as savages, for his parents came from spoiled luxury, and it was then and there he decided to create a city of men, which begins our modern evolution of society.

As I mentioned, I believe this story exists simultaneously throughout the world and there were possibly several Edens. The basis goes that Cain promised them a lot to get them to follow him and they were gorged on ideas of luxury and paradise; promises that Cain couldn't keep due to the lack of technology on his scale. He grew up hearing the stories of Eden, never having been there, and assumed that he could do just as good. Over time, he realizes this was not the case, but by then he was afraid to admit it for what would happen to him and continually had to lie and deceive the people to keep them from killing him, for he believed they would share a worse fate than him and he had lead them to this point. He couldn't bear the thought because he had lead them; it was his fault.

This further explains roman and greek mythology as well and even Norse Mythology. We even have influences dating far back into minoan and sumerian and egyptian and a lot of other ancient civilizations. Influences of Alien technology and 'help'. What we believed then to be infallible Gods were really just mortals with really cool toys and easily-inflated egos. Very similar to us. The clash between the reptilians and the Pleiadians gives us our early examples of God and the Devil. I think what is most likely is that before the intervention of the Pleiadians and the return of the Reptilians, that we had a much broader knowledge of spirituality and God and when these other species came back to the scene, we got confused by what we thought we saw: 'Here are the Gods we have believed in for so long, my brothers! Surely, they must be, for look at how they are clothed and armed! Look at their magic!'

As those among these 'Gods' lost control of their self-control through mortal attention, they began to abuse their power and mankind finally decided to say '**** the Gods', and fought against them. Realizing the error of their ways, the one in charge of these people ordered them into hiding. Ancient civilizations such as Atlantis faded from knowledge and places such as the Bermuda Triangle popped up. It would almost seem to reason that a lot of our U.F.O. sightings over the past few thousands years have been these aliens. I still think there is a greater source of power to answer to and that deeper source of power lays within nature. It's hard to tell how much of their plans coincide with nature, though given the advantage of being the outsider for so long, I would imagine that they probably do.

Given that the Ancient Sumerians and similar cultures had sacrificial rituals for their reptilian Gods hardly paints the reptilians in a good way and perhaps they did earn the moniker of snake and devil. I don't think all of them are bad, though, just like I don't believe all Pleiadians to be good, and much deception has been had on both ends and in the middle. I believe that our medieval Dragons were the Reptilians returning to the surface in time of great heat from the sun after being stuck in caves for so long fearing the cold and that they lost and have been licking their wounds and biding their time since.

With the creation of politics and the manipulation of men, we do see the possibility of truth in conspiracy theories painting reptilian shapeshifters as the leaders of our countries. At the same time, surely there leaders among men who stand steadfastly against, such as Nelson Mandela and surely some people have been used. Though, to be quite honest, mankind doesnt really need aliens or gods or angels and demons to get up to mischief or to do good things; man only has to have the want to do those things and it could very well be that one or both of these species has been manipulating mankind through sound frequencies or chemical dustings and planting ideas into our heads from a distance. It would even be possible; with the hollow-moon theory; that there is a lunar base there for all interstellar traffic such as the greys and other species.

Another thing to take into account is that Genesis itself paints a fairly accurate, albeit with inferior perspective, picture of how the Earth was formed and how the universe and all of space and time came into being. For being highly spiritual and lacking in technology, early man must have gotten this information from somewhere, and told to them in a limited frame that they could understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we look at the story of Jesus Christ, it becomes hard to separate the fact from the fiction. Was he the son of God? Was he not? Was he just a man or was he more? Did he even exist? I find that a good amount of people today do question the existence of Christ and not without good reason. The whole concept of the holidays that the church of those days took from Pagans only serves as reminder that Christ's birth date and day of resurrection did not occur on the dates mentioned in the modern interpretation of the bible.

The Bible itself, which we are to take on blind faith is the written word of God is even less trustworthy, for it contradicts not only itself but the intelligence of its readers. It is not to say that the bible does not have good values and morals in it and that is what keeps people hooked into what has been made of religion and it's not their fault as far as non-religious people like to think it is. It's not weak to want something to believe in, it's not weak to see the possible truth of something even though we don't understand it.

I believe that even if Christ did not exist in the sense that we think of him, something like him had to have existed at least once in our history for us to even have the concept of him.

Therefore, I wanted to take a look at Christ in a way that many have deemed it taboo to think of him as: a man and one we can understand full well.

To start, Jesus was born at a special time; whether this was winter solstice or not is up for debate, but that it drew the attention of others is not without merit. Whether the star in the sky that night was meant to guide those three men to the hut or not, They found their way and thought the child to be special. Whether or not they showed up at all, Mary thought her child was special, for she believed herself to have been visited by an Angel that told her that her son would be the messiah.

As much as one may try, that belief would have made its way out in her actions and her son would have picked up on it in one way or the other, especially if it got brought up often. Enter Joseph, a good, god-fearing man. As much as any of us may like to believe in the concept of God, who in their right mind is going to believe their wife when she winds up pregnant saying it was immaculate conception? I'm sure he loved her, as he did stay with her and helped raise Jesus, who he also loved; but there had to have always been that question in his head and if his paranoia got the better of him, as it often gets the better of people today, would he not fight with Mary?

I believe that they tried not to fight in front of Yeshua, and never fought violently, but that it was impossible not to overhear. Mary, for believing her son to be special and to be the messiah, would have ensured that he was well-raised and disciplined and received the best education at the time, which was only to be found in church. Yeshua was exceptional, whether due to divinity or natural selection or due to the specific combination of all psychological aspects that played a part in his life. I don't believe either Mary or Joseph to have been stupid or to have been as blind as others, for they existed outside of society; a society similar in many ways to our modern one.

Therefore, what we have is a child who is curious about everything and has a mind that is fairly sharp and he begins asking questions in Church, something that before then was unheard of. He stood out and gained attention, which had to have caused the other boys, and probably girls some times, to tease and make fun of him and bully him. If this were the case, then I would imagine that he didn't react well to this even if Mary and Joseph had thought to warn him of it. And, as often is with kids and discipline, the discipline is seen as a form of torture and unwarranted. He most surely would have rebelled, though not as much as other kids, for his strengths were in the love of learning and wisdom and love itself.

And, he would have certainly had more than that to rebel against. What would you do or say if you were told that you were the Messiah? How do you handle that much responsibility? How can you look at your faulty self and see the possibility of being such a thing? Your inner struggle would be so much more than anyone elses because there would be so much conflict between what you are and what you're expected of being. You have this impossible picture of this savior of humanity; how do you deal with it?

The fact that there are years of his life missing from the bible only further cements this in; for if the church wanted to keep people subjugated properly, as it was so firmly tied into the state at the time, then it had to ensure that nobody became so much like this guy who almost ruined it for them. I believe that Yeshua made the mistakes of every man during this time and that he glut and lust and indulge in pride and sin until he realized that it wasn't what he wanted at all. Cue where the story picks up again and we see a man ready to give up on life and kill himself and so he wanders into the desert and stays there for weeks.

During his wandering through the dusty winds and dunes, he finds a will to live to deny his wish for death and begins eating and drinking what he can, including a form of hallucinatory cactus fruit which amplified his own inner struggle and torment, his own fight between good and evil, to an epic level of confrontation. Most assuredly the devil did tempt him and most assuredly, Yeshua did overcome it by finding and rooting himself in to the nature of both himself and the world around him. And thus he entered back into the world of man knowing exactly what he had to do and what he could and what he would do: he would die to give people something to believe in and something worth fighting for. He would die to give people a path to the infinite that would endure even if it got twisted and corrupted; that people would see for thousands of years past his death; because he saw it.

He saw it in the midst of his fight with the Devil, because as the Devil tempted him and tempted him, he got more angry and mad and fought with passionate vigor for the people other than himself. All those people in willful ignorance that were lost and trapped due to the machinations of others. When he saw the goodness of his own self to be so thoughtless, he cast aside the worries and fears that had plagued him, because he knew what he was behind all of his mistakes and problems.

He began to fulfill the prophecies set by the bible; prophecies the church had made themselves to prevent people from becoming such a messiah, because they liked their power. 'Nobody will do these things for the sake of all those other people,' they mused. Though many did try and by trying directly to be like this messiah so they could have the glory that was in the bible and the attention of all people because they desired attention, they were never able to reach that point. And, it was because they went in search of it for those reasons that they never found it. By trying directly to be this messiah, even without ulterior motive, many have failed.

It was his own pain and suffering that drove him, not thoughts of glory or of having power over men: he truly wanted to save them and set them free. He traveled and found followers and healed those who could not hear the voice of nature any more and healed those who could not see nature any more and he caused those dead in spirit to live again. Not true miracles, you see, but metaphors. He did many great things for a lot of people just by being nice and humble and shared his knowledge freely. When he started his church because people wanted to hear more of what he had to say, the church got mad for he spoke against their power; the power they held over men. They called him heretic and spat upon him and he was not well-received.

But, he could take it because it was nothing he hadn't dealt with before and he knew his cause and purpose. Looking at his friends, he knew what was in their hearts and souls and knew where their strengths and weaknesses lay because he paid attention to them; far more than they paid attention to him because they were still focused on their own problems while he had solved his. In this way, he knew Judas would betray him and he knew that others would deny even knowing him. He knew he was going to die because with all of the ignorance in the world by those in power and their control over the minds of the multitude in that false power, there was no other possible outcome. He did it anyway.

2,000 years later, he still lives in so many hearts and souls and remains impossible to kill and the world has been irrevocably changed by him, even if certain things have been falsified. That is the impact that one man can make. Just one man who lived life on the outside instead of the inside and found greater wisdom and strength of purpose through overcoming. Also, a great story for the properties of hallucinogenics, as they greatly amplify the power of the brain and its abilities. Jesus on drugs? pshaw. Moses did speak to a burning bush, though, and we don't think of that as odd. wink, wink.

Edited by idioticidioms
  • Like 1

wait Adam's first wife was an evil succubus demon?

wow that is pretty wild!

They probably took that part out of the bible ?

yes, because it contradicted with what they wanted of women at a time when they were rewriting the bible. The rabbi's kept up the tradition of preaching about Lilith even though the bibles didn't say anything about her anymore, because they knew the words and stories by heart, passed down to them through the faith. When people began reading the new bibles, Lilith wasn't in there any more. They realized that Lilith represented a choice to the women to actually leave their men and they didn't like that. Where once the story frightened women into subservience, they were starting to rise up. Since they had had barbarians purge cities before the rewritings were done, a lot of the original manuscripts were lost in book-burnings and people had to take on faith that it was the same book and in many ways it was. The funny thing is that the story was originally falsified to cover up for something else and they just hadn't thought far enough ahead, yet.

http://judaism.about.com/od/jewishculture/a/Where-Does-The-Legend-Of-Lilith-Come-From.htm

http://www.skeptically.org/oldtestament/id18.html

http://judaism.about.com/od/jewishculture/a/Lilith-In-The-Torah-Talmud-And-Midrash.htm

• Like 1

And nevermind the the fact that the earliest historical mention of Lilith as Adam's wife comes from somewhere around the 8th-10th century AD, and hails from a satirical text that makes fun of biblical figures (eg, the prophet Nathan is said to fart after every prophecy he makes).

The idea of Lilith as a wife of Adam is not biblical. It's not even rabbinical. There's no "smoking gun" text where Lilith is removed from the story. It's based on a farcical text that has unfortunately been coopted by the internet and spread large scale misinformation on the topic.

And just so you know I'm not just making this up, take some time to research the "alphabet of Ben Sira", this is the origin of the Lilith-Adam allegations.

Edited by Paranoid Android

What evidence do you have that Sumerians made sacrifices to Reptillian Gods?

wait Adam's first wife was an evil succubus demon?

wow that is pretty wild!

They probably took that part out of the bible ?

Most men say that about their X-wives. Usually I fine they have exaggerated after I meet the women. One man's x can be another man's treasure.

"We Are the Other People" by Oberon Zell Is one of the best explanation of Adam and Eve.

http://caw.org/content/?q=node/65

Then there is one Mark Twain did. Also very funny and insightful.

http://www.msstevens.com/files/TheDiaryOfAdamAndEve.pdf

• Like 2

I think this is well written, enjoyable, but another myth based on our modern compulsion to focus on 'space-men'. You should wrtie a novel about this.

Peace

mark

And nevermind the the fact that the earliest historical mention of Lilith as Adam's wife comes from somewhere around the 8th-10th century AD, and hails from a satirical text that makes fun of biblical figures (eg, the prophet Nathan is said to fart after every prophecy he makes).

The idea of Lilith as a wife of Adam is not biblical. It's not even rabbinical. There's no "smoking gun" text where Lilith is removed from the story. It's based on a farcical text that has unfortunately been coopted by the internet and spread large scale misinformation on the topic.

And just so you know I'm not just making this up, take some time to research the "alphabet of Ben Sira", this is the origin of the Lilith-Adam allegations.

You see, my analysis was made under the assumption that historical references lie to us. I'm not getting too hung up on the 'fact' that Lilith is not biblical. You say it's not even Rabbinical and yet the evidence I looked up said differently. The fact is that there is much to be said about Lilith that isn't said anymore. For supposedly having no roots in biblical canon and having been created supposed in the 11th century, it's surprising that it has made its way to the present. Jews who rejected the idea of Jesus Christ as their savior have accepted Lilith as Adam's First wife. I have a tendency to believe that they weren't hasty in accepting Lilith purely on the idea that 'she might have been there'.

I understand full well the "Ben-Sira" is the supposed origin of Lilith and Adam. I'm saying it wasn't. I'm saying that people were lied to and that this supposed source was actually just a means to keep an old story alive after the state and church had agreed to kill it off. Do you have a bible that dates back before the 11th century? I doubt it. You don't know the fact of what you say any more than I do and yet I would rather trust being the detective and assuming that mankind has been scheming and manipulating mankind for ages. Those in power have often wanted to keep their power and there have been a variety of reasons 1. to lie about Lilith's personality in the first place and her relationship with Adam, and 2. to lie about Lilith's existence at such a time when they wanted women to not have a strong role model. The fact that we have such recent history of women fighting for their rights and then recent evidence of men stomping on those rights before then, in the salem witch trials, the idea that Lilith was removed from popular canon in the 11th century or previously is not such an absurd thought.

I challenge your rigid thinking with another possibility.

What evidence do you have that Sumerians made sacrifices to Reptillian Gods?

Gee, I dunno. Let me see... for one, The Sumerian Culture wasn't all that different from other ancient cultures such as the aztecs and incas and mayas. Their general building schematics were fairly similar and all of these were fairly similar to egyptian culture. They all had pyramids and they all had their rituals. The fact that we can know that the Egyptians/aztecs/incans/mayans did ritualistic human sacrifice in the name of their Gods, is a pretty good indication that Sumerians did the same. The fact that Sumerians did worship these Reptilians as Gods only means they would have the desire to push for sacrificial offerings to curry favor from these Gods. Maybe because I look beyond the supposed idea of what's there to take the next logical step forward and since all ancient civilizations, including those in the bible, performed a type of ritualistic sacrifice; in the bible it has men sacrificing sheep and other animals along with anything else of value they might have (in fact, one man at least was close to sacrificing his own child.); it is not such a leap in imagination to apply this to Sumerians as well.

but another myth based on our modern compulsion to focus on 'space-men'.

I'm sorry, but there are some very good reasons to believe that early astronauts from other aliens species have directly influenced our historical representatives . I'm sorry I couldn't be more 'hipster' or 'unique' for you, but I'm not going to change up a possibility that I believe in just because it's already popular and people want to see something newer and fresher.

It's not really a modern compulsion, though, is it? We have been searching the skies ever since we realized the skies were there, and wondering what is up there and the truth of the matter is that we don't know what's out there. All modern evidence of alien interaction with past civilizations could entirely be an invention of our modern culture; people photoshopping the actual evidence to get people to believe in the possibility of aliens. But, the more and more I look at Biblical records and at mythology in general, I see a very large possibility of there being an advanced alien race; at least one; that has interacted with our species and that we have confused them for Gods due to their advanced technology. There is quite a lot of evidence supporting this if one wishes to remove their blindfolds and actually look. Just the same as there is a lot of evidence of God existing throughout nature if one only removes their blindfolds and just look.

I'm not going to write a book; I don't believe in profiting like that off of exercises in critical thinking. Whether this is true or not, it does defy the modern interpretation of the written word of the bible and as such, it forces people to think beyond their current parameters to actually question their beliefs and why they believe them as they're written. Because, until beliefs are questioned extensively and there are allowances made for having people lie to us; whether knowing or unknowingly; there's going to be much the same division that has been present in society that does cause people to look at what's going on in the world and then to shake their heads in disappointment or dismay at what they see.

It's funny how some will believe something just because it was written 900 years ago and yet people won't believe in what some people have to say today. It's like they think that just because it's historical, it's more accurate than the modern people who lie and trick us. 'Oh, the people of 900 to 1500 years ago would NEVER lie to us! We have such a great relationship!'

Edited by idioticidioms

This sounds like a great screen play or book. A ....:.. Few factual problms but hey it's a good read.

The Pleiades star cluster is very very young, only 100 mil or so years. Much to young to have an advanced civilization. ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Over time, people throughout the Near East became increasingly familiar with the myth of Lilith. In the Bible, she is mentioned only once, in Isaiah 34. The Book of Isaiah is a compendium of Hebrew prophecy spanning many years; the book’s first 39 chapters, frequently referred to as “First Isaiah,” can be assigned to the time when the prophet lived (approximately 742–701 B.C.E.). Throughout the Book of Isaiah, the prophet encourages God’s people to avoid entanglements with foreigners who worship alien deities. In Chapter 34, a sword-wielding Yahweh seeks vengeance on the infidel Edomites, perennial outsiders and foes of the ancient Israelites. According to this powerful apocalyptic poem, Edom will become a chaotic, desert land where the soil is infertile and wild animals roam: “Wildcats shall meet hyenas, / Goat-demons shall greet each other; / There too the lilith shall repose / And find herself a resting place” (Isaiah 34:14).5 The Lilith demon was apparently so well known to Isaiah’s audience that no explanation of her identity was necessary.

• Bible History Daily link

• A Summary of Evidences in the Bible that Support the Existence of Lilith - BitterWaters dot com link

I like the BitterWaters Summary ... and strangely familiar ...

~

This sounds like a great screen play or book. A ....:.. Few factual problms but hey it's a good read.

The Pleiades star cluster is very very young, only 100 mil or so years. Much to young to have an advanced civilization. ;)

there's always the possibility that terms have been confused or that your assumptions are grounded in other faulty assumptions. People have this concept of Pleiadians and whether they come from the Pleiades or not, it's easier to say Pleiadians than to say 'those beings some times and commonly known as Pleiadians that may or may not have come from the Pleiades star cluster.' And then again, we did have to named that cluster after something else, didn't we? Rather a moot point, overall.

Most men say that about their X-wives. Usually I fine they have exaggerated after I meet the women. One man's x can be another man's treasure.

"We Are the Other People" by Oberon Zell Is one of the best explanation of Adam and Eve.

http://caw.org/content/?q=node/65

Then there is one Mark Twain did. Also very funny and insightful.

http://www.msstevens...fAdamAndEve.pdf

Thank you for sharing this! isn't Oberon a real wizard? I mean he actually dressed up in the robe and hat

and has the staff and everything all the time?

He seems like a nice guy..

Gee, I dunno. Let me see... for one, The Sumerian Culture wasn't all that different from other ancient cultures such as the aztecs and incas and mayas. Their general building schematics were fairly similar and all of these were fairly similar to egyptian culture. They all had pyramids and they all had their rituals. The fact that we can know that the Egyptians/aztecs/incans/mayans did ritualistic human sacrifice in the name of their Gods, is a pretty good indication that Sumerians did the same. The fact that Sumerians did worship these Reptilians as Gods only means they would have the desire to push for sacrificial offerings to curry favor from these Gods. Maybe because I look beyond the supposed idea of what's there to take the next logical step forward and since all ancient civilizations, including those in the bible, performed a type of ritualistic sacrifice; in the bible it has men sacrificing sheep and other animals along with anything else of value they might have (in fact, one man at least was close to sacrificing his own child.); it is not such a leap in imagination to apply this to Sumerians as well.

So you admit that you are making stuff up while using loose superficial logic.

Pyramids are just easy to make compared to more complex structures, and it's no surprise that a large base built inwards would be a common structure for ancient peoples.Did the Sumerians worship Jaguar Gods too, just because Aztecs did along with other personified animal dieties.

Why take a leap of the imagination to prop false ideas as fact.The ancient cultures seen air, and blood as life giving magic, because without it one dies (suffocation/blood loss.)Deities with wings represent the spirit of air (spiritus Latin=breath air), and a burnt offering gives smoke to the spirit (air) world.A blood sacrifice is for the life giving forces in nature.

The Snake to ancient cultures were seen as a type of immortality, and was reverenced.You can chop a snake's head off, and it's simpler life systems make it live longer than a human....OOOOH! MAGIC!

A Snake sheds it's skin, and becomes a brand new Snake....OOOOH! MAGIC!

A Snake comes out of the ground after a hard winter like the plants do....OOOOH! MAGIC!

Snakes (infrared vision), and Owls (light gathering vision) were noticed by the ancients to be able to see at night so they have hidden wisdom....OOOOH! MAGIC!

Modern people listen to the money grubber David Icke as if he speaks truth.....OOOOH DUMMIES!

The Snake in ancient mythology was seen as a keeper of long life that tricks man from this knowledge as it hides during winter.

Do not get me started on the Bible, because this is the wrong forum for that.If you do have concrete proof the Sumerians worshipped Reptillian Gods, then let me know.

P.S. The connection between the importance of fertility, the Snake, and the Human Penis is also a connection for the ancient mentality.

Edited by davros of skaro

there's always the possibility that terms have been confused or that your assumptions are grounded in other faulty assumptions. People have this concept of Pleiadians and whether they come from the Pleiades or not, it's easier to say Pleiadians than to say 'those beings some times and commonly known as Pleiadians that may or may not have come from the Pleiades star cluster.' And then again, we did have to named that cluster after something else, didn't we? Rather a moot point, overall.

Yes... That's exactly it. Tons of assumptions grounded on other faulty assumptions !! Thousands of years worth actually. We certainly did name the star cluster after something. The etymology of the name suggests haveing to do with rain and plentiful crops. They are even referred to occasionally as the "rainy stars."

Don't get me wrong. I am up for a metaphysical discussion about its peculiar place in our history, there are some other interesting facts, and I myself have received several visions with Pleiades themes, but we should not be inventing new mythology if we mean to be truthful and not creative.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1