Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being a Wizard is about Wisdom.. real wizard

LostSouls7

Oh dear why do these Wizard guys wear funny looking hats and clothes,and usually have long straggly hair and beards,is it because they want to be noticed or just society drop outs.I guess he couldn't call himself a Wizard if he got a haircut and wore jeans and a T-shirt, it wouldn't fit the Wizard scene.Wearing all this crap gear and looking like a tramp doesn't make him wiser than anyone else.

• Like 5

I think the first suggestion that is offered to people, who want the gain their spiritual development on a personal level only, is if they ever want to be a wizard. I find it rather meaningful and cute :)

Oberon appeals to the fluff-bunnies out there who think that in order to pretend to do magic you need a goofy outfit, a stick with a rock tied to it and a few books with gibberish in it. Oh and a deck of pretty cards and a crystal ball adds to the woo factor too.

All you need to do in order to pretend you are a wizard is to close your eyes and pretend..we can all do that for free and without the ridiculous garbage trappings that go with it.

By the way, is Mr. Zell still alive?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

I look like a 'real' wizard too .. I don;t wear underpants either ...

~

• Like 4

~

What does a real Wizard look like..and how many have you seen.
  • Like 1

Come to think of it ... I only look like the wizards they say are real wizards ... let me get Mr Crowley on the phone ... :D

~

Yeah, I have heard about your wizard's 'wand'. :cry::whistle:

• Like 2

Yeah, I have heard about your wizard's 'wand'. :cry::whistle:

Wait .. have you found it ? Goody ... and I thought it was lost for good ... did you find it stuck in a magical boulder some where ?

• Like 1

Wait .. have you found it ? Goody ... and I thought it was lost for good ... did you find it stuck in a magical boulder some where ?

Sorry, I have not found it, its rumours and I do not believe the word magic rock was mentiond.

• Like 1

Well not all Wizards have the official hat.

Some wizards dress like everyday guys.

The thing is it's about wisdom.

I like this guy and the way he dresses.

But hey I plan to dress with the robe and hat all over soon.

Although I am still a bit young to have the gray beard...

But I think it's good to listen to the older Wizard's..

they all learned many things and share it with books.

Edited by LostSouls7

The reason I asked is because, as I recall, he was undergoing treatment for a cancer or something and that was about three or so years back. His website hasn't been updated much except his calendar.

Wisdom doesn't need a flashy robe, hat and wands. It needs a functioning brain. Granted his stuff is interesting but it is not needed and I wish he would tell people that knowledge and wisdom need not be dry and dull and it doesn't need sugary coatings and woo trappings either.

So what can a "real" wizard do, that a fake wizard cannot?

Turn water into Whisky with a wave of his wand maybe, but non of this Teachers rubbish it would have to be Glenmorange before I believed it.

So what can a "real" wizard do, that a fake wizard cannot?

Nothing. They both flail their arm s about in some goofy ceremony, wear odd clothes, have wands, make stupid claims about stones and overall just deceive the gullible and make money off of it too though not all intend to be deceptive as some actually believe what they're peddling.

I mean, yeah, magic is fun and all but it should NEVER be peddled as something real or something that should be actively taught as something useful. If you really want to learn something useful, go to college to learn real skills,

• Like 3

The reason I asked is because, as I recall, he was undergoing treatment for a cancer or something and that was about three or so years back. His website hasn't been updated much except his calendar.

Wisdom doesn't need a flashy robe, hat and wands. It needs a functioning brain. Granted his stuff is interesting but it is not needed and I wish he would tell people that knowledge and wisdom need not be dry and dull and it doesn't need sugary coatings and woo trappings either.

According to Wiki he is still around and working. He knows you don't need any of that stuff. Your most powerful magic tool is yourself. Any tool used in magic is used to focus your concentration. Otter does what he does, because it is his living, so he puts on a show. All religions put on some kind of show. I met him briefly at a festival. I didn't even know who he was when I was talking to him. Lots of people dress strange at festivals. If you want to understand Otter Zell you need to read "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Heinlein. The man is a very important figure in the Neo Pagan movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_Zell-Ravenheart

• Like 2

In a way, having wisdom and know-how is akin to magic.. You can do things and read information off of people and things that others don't notice and it tends to blow minds.

• Like 1

This world is becoming a Circus.

It has always been a circus. People just take it all to seriously to notice. Just go to a Catholic service, they are masters of ritual showmanship. I have known Pagan ministers who go a Catholic church just to study the ritual to improve their own.

• Like 4

oh, so this isn't about mr. wizard? that's disappointing.

i will, however, nominate mr. wizard for the position of "real wizard".

Clarke's three laws

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

“Science is magic that works.”

Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

617t5bbaneL._SX385_.jpg

• John Adams Science Is Magic amazon link

~ now .. are there any sorceress in the house ?

• Like 1

I dabble in magick as a hobby. It teaches you how to focus on your goals.

• Like 2