Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Telemarketer Sounds Human,

seeder

Creepy Telemarketer Sounds Human, Denies Being Robot

The phone call came from a charming woman with a bright, engaging voice to the cell phone of a TIME Washington Bureau Chief Michael Scherer. She wanted to offer a deal on health insurance, but something was fishy.

When Scherer asked point blank if she was a real person, or a computer-operated robot voice, she replied enthusiastically that she was real, with a charming laugh. But then she failed several other tests. When asked “What vegetable is found in tomato soup?” she said she did not understand the question. When asked multiple times what day of the week it was yesterday, she complained repeatedly of a bad connection.

LISTEN to the audio

Read more: Samantha West The Telemarketer Robot Who Swears She's Not a Robot | TIME.com

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/10/meet-the-robot-telemarketer-who-denies-shes-a-robot/

and another take

With this level of advancement in customer service technology, how many more jobs can we expect to become automated out of existence?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/12/creepy-ai-telemarketer-sounds-human.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeder

• Saru

• toast

Top Posters In This Topic

another take

The Only Thing Weirder Than a Telemarketing Robot

When a salesperson named Samantha West called a Time reporter, she seemed like a computer. But with current technology, it might not be possible to build such a robot, raising a truly bizarre possibility.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/12/the-only-thing-weirder-than-a-telemarketing-robot/282282/

I think it would be more likely to be someone with a soundboard of pre-recorded stock phrases.

It will not make a difference for me if the phone sales is a computer. The Computer sales will get the same care from me.

Means, he will get the same offending and barefaced vituperations b4 I hang up after 10 sec.

I dont think its long now till something like this is refined and in daily use. heck, my mobile phone service, (EE in UK) uses a similar setup... When Im adding credit I speak to an automated voice, who takes my card number, understands how much I want to put on, even tells me...."Im just putting that thru for you now" and then tells me, GREAT, you have now topped up X amount!!

Tho to be fair the voice doesn't 'get' any nonsense speak... I have asked it before for a free phone and got nowhere!!