Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not sure what they call it..

spirit2

I was chatting to someone the other day and they told me a story of being in an abandoned building and when looking through the window there was sort of a fall back in time and as they looked through the glass, it was like watching a scene play out in the room from long ago.. I cant remember what they call it not retrocognition.. can anyone help?

I've had that happen to me in Japan. Only in Japan.

It's a weird, more precognitive form of deja vu I guess..

Although, you don't necessarily have to be seeing something from your own past, and that would make just precognition with a tactile aspect.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Thanks for the reply... Not precognition as it was like a scene from the past playing out like a movie..

I don't know that there's a special name for that situation, other than flashback.

Mirror images reverse left and right. Why don't they also turn them upside down?

40045-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-QxGY.gif

Seriously, though, because it isn't actually reversing anything, but reflecting. It's just showing you what is in front of it, but (this is the key note) from its perspective. Wave your right hand in front of a mirror, and you'll appear to see the left hand wave. But then turn around and face the direction of the mirror and wave your right hand, just tilting your head back to peek. The hand placement now agrees, because the mirror, and you, are now looking from the same direction, if you pretend the mirror was a person, too. In comparison, you don't ask the person standing in front of you 'my right or your right' because they are reversing your direction; they're just viewing the same thing but from their position.

But where were you going with your question?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

40045-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-QxGY.gif

Seriously, though, because it isn't actually reversing anything, but reflecting. It's just showing you what is in front of it, but (this is the key note) from its perspective. Wave your right hand in front of a mirror, and you'll appear to see the left hand wave. But then turn around and face the direction of the mirror and wave your right hand, just tilting your head back to peek. The hand placement now agrees, because the mirror, and you, are now looking from the same direction, if you pretend the mirror was a person, too. In comparison, you don't ask the person standing in front of you 'my right or your right' because they are reversing your direction; they're just viewing the same thing but from their position.

But where were you going with your question?

I was providing a chance for someone to provide their expertise.
  • Like 1

I would Google; "hans holzer residual haunting"

• Like 1

What you're refering to is known today as residual hauntings or sometimes the stone tape theory. One interpretation of the phenomenon is that some places or locations have an imprint of an event of the past and that certain people, possibly those inclined to extra sensory perceptions can see a person or scenes unfolding like a playback of an old recording.

Some parapsychologists, such as William G. Roll hypothesised that certain persons can witness these apparitions due to psychic traces printed in a location from the past.

http://en.wikipedia....sidual_haunting

Many such experiences have been reported overtime but there is still no way to validate them. Some rational explanations have been put forward unconclusively but without furher proofs it is that hard to validate or refute any of these.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From what you are describing, it seems to me as though there was a slip in time. What is considered by physicists as a slight rift in the time between dimensions. For an instant it seems that a past scene played out in our current time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply... Not precognition as it was like a scene from the past playing out like a movie..

Well seeing the past is a form of this. More like.. Past cognition?

• 3 months later...

Time slip.. maybe thats it...?

Let's do the time warp again!!

• Like 3

Mirror images reverse left and right. Why don't they also turn them upside down?

Because that would make shaving your face a royal pain in the keister.

• Like 1

Because that would make shaving your face a royal pain in the keister.

So don't shave. (Of course I'm Vietnamese and don't need to. Once a week with a pair of scissors is enough for me.)

So don't shave. (Of course I'm Vietnamese and don't need to. Once a week with a pair of scissors is enough for me.)

i too shave once a week, though i should do it ED/EOD.

Just can't be bothered.

i work nights so i can get away with the grizzly Adams look.