Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Liberal Media Attention Needed

Celumnaz

Great story, I've been fired for testing THC positive. Doing the right thing is never popular. My mother had the same type of trouble as a teacher, couldn't keep her mouth shut when she noticed things not as they should be. I get in trouble and am not well liked for the same reason, people don't like when you bring ethics into it.

Don't limit your putting this out to just liberal media. The generation of conservatives coming out are not so down on pot as their older counterparts. And some on the lib side... well... I just can't picture Dan Rather doing an expose on the irrationality of current pot laws.

Call everyone. Send a copy of that in print to newspapers and TV/Radio stations, your congressmen, heck send a copy to the whitehouse and all your state representatives, your governor... get some grassroots support, get a petition going... I'll sign it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celumnaz

• Me_Again

• zephyr

• girty1600

Not sure if this means anything, but our VP's wife just got her hours cut in half (she's a long long time nurse... well, some kind of analyist or something, but it's nurseish...) and his son went to be a nurse in OK (the wife is here in TX) and his hours were cut way back so he joined the army last month? month before?

Something's happening in the hospitals.

Oh! And another thing, we've had fewer hospital admissions this year... I think we only have something like 83 people in one of our main hospitals here... only 83!!! Something's different.

• 2 weeks later...

The story is moving and sad, I am sorry for what happened.

There was a similar story on a thread that was started recently: Something about those in higher places can bring you down and will, or something like that. You should get with that person, you might have to look it up in the archives, and make your cause known.

Best wishes

Girty

• 2 weeks later...

wub.gif Anson

My mother died at the age of 47. She was schizophrenic, on medicare, a former social worker, a poet, an artist. Anyway, I know that the doctor added this to her discharge report "patient refuses surgery", even if she had said that she didn't want surgery, shouldn't the doctor have consulted with a mentally ill persons family? Well after I spoke with a lawyer, who wouldn't take the case because that was in her discharge - maybe if she had been a supreme court judges daughter?

Why would a lawyer fight for a poor person on medicare? I am not meaning to sound judgemental; however, this topic got me started. Thank you Anson for fighting and standing up for the underdogs! In time all good things will come wink2.gif

*falls off a turtle now

The medical profession is the most protected and untouchable of all professions! Even in dictatorships, critisizing the president is easier than critisizing a doctor! Why our societies have created untouchable idols is the question that I would like to find an answer to!