Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New translator allows chat with Dolphins

seeder

(sort of - I should point out)

The woman who can talk to DOLPHINS: Expert creates underwater translator that 'deciphers the mammal's language'

* CHAT keyboard is fitted to a diver who activates a sound using the device

* Sounds go out through a speaker letting dolphin know which toy to pick up

* It can also detect the dolphins' natural sounds translating it for the diver

The video shows incredible footage of a dolphin bringing a scarf to a researcher on her request.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2nf5m1oHV

well when they translate the Dolphins saying : "STOP FREAKIN POLLUTING US" then and only then will I pay more attention. But as with everything...its a start

:tu:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

They probably have expressions that cannot be translated into English or any other human language since they also have experiences that humans have never had or will ever have.

It will be interesting to follow this and see just how far we can get in understanding what they have to say. Because for now, all it is, is humans teaching dolphins to understand us and follow commands.

We need to learn how to listen.

• Like 2

Yes, we do. They have so much to teach humankind, if only we would stop trying to make them do things only for our own amusement.

They probably think we are stupid as a species and are just humoring us like we do small children.

"(to us) oh, you want me to get that ball for you? Okay.... here you go, here's the little ball for you... (to each other) bless their little hearts, aren't they cute?" Lol

• Like 1

Why has no one said, "So long and thanks for all the fish" yet?

Alas, no opposable thumbs to open the lock and that whole need legs to get away on dry land thing.

Otherwise, they'd be long gone. ;)

Why has no one said, "So long and thanks for all the fish" yet?

Alas, no opposable thumbs to open the lock and that whole need legs to get away on dry land thing.

Otherwise, they'd be long gone. ;)

I dunno...they might not opt to leave even if the gate was open. They could be saying: "This is a sweet deal, I've got these silly land creatures trained to go get me fish just by playing some ball with them!"

• Like 3

I dunno...they might not opt to leave even if the gate was open. They could be saying: "This is a sweet deal, I've got these silly land creatures trained to go get me fish just by playing some ball with them!"

hmmm... that would be a sweet deal.

There was an excellent short story once (can't remember the author unfortunately) called "Raising Two-Foots"... About a small pod of dolphins who were in a research tank and

how they "trained and raised" their pet two-foots (a male and female research scientist) - their goal was to get them to mate... The entire story was from the dolphin perspective

and was really funny...

edit to add:

dolphin_zps69ae4b4f.jpg

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

There was an excellent short story once (can't remember the author unfortunately) called "Raising Two-Foots"... About a small pod of dolphins who were in a research tank and

how they "trained and raised" their pet two-foots (a male and female research scientist) - their goal was to get them to mate... The entire story was from the dolphin perspective

and was really funny...

edit to add:

dolphin_zps69ae4b4f.jpg

LMAO!!

• Like 1

Dolphins are the second most intelligent species on the planet..

Which is the most intelligent?

Edited by Likely Guy

Aha, seeing as Dogs have been mentioned, it would seem there is a Dog translator too!!

The headset that can read your DOG'S MIND: Gadget claims to analyse brain waves to transform inner barks into human speech

No More Woof is a headset for dogs that lets them 'talk' to owners

It uses brain-scanning technology and translates thought patterns

The prototype includes phrases like 'I'm hungry' and 'I'm tired'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2526360/The-headset-lets-DOG-talk-Prototype-analyses-pets-thoughts-translates-human-speech.html

• Like 1

*front paws extended* = "Let's play!"

*tail wags fast* = "I'm happy, happy, happy!"

*tail wags slow* = "I'm not sure about this."

*tail up* = "What the hell is going on?"

*tail down* = "I'm not doing so good."

*scratch at the inside of the door* = "Let me out."

*scratch at outside of the door* = "Let me in."

*stares at fridge* = "Feed me stupid."

*steps in water dish* = "The water bowl's empty."

*buries head in your lap* = "I love you!"

etc...