Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is my tv haunted?

jrose77

I am not sure what is going on with my son's tv, but I would appreciate some insight. It started a few months ago at our previous residence when odd things began happening around the house, especially in my 15 year old son's bedroom, most of which we rationalized as just normal house stuff such as noises etc. But, on a night when the kid's were not home and my wife and I were sleeping, I heard a noise like a bang similar to a picture falling off a wall or something. I couldn't make out whether or not it was real or a dream, so I just brushed it off and went back to sleep. The next morning I had forgot about the noise and was taking advantage of the kids not being home and was catching up on house chores. I went into my 15 year old son's bedroom to gather laundry and noticed his 32" flat screen tv, which sits on his desk, flat down on the desk. Well, I immediately realized that must have been the noise that I heard in the middle of the night. I was baffled as to how this tv, which is on a stand, could have just fallen over without any type of physical force. I picked it up and sat it upright on the desk as it had been. There was no damage thankfully, but I began to attempt to rationalize how this happened. Could someone have broken in and attempted to steal it, dropped it and ran off? The tv was still plugged in the wall outlet and all the doors and windows were secured. The door to his bedroom was closed all night and no windows were open, so there went theory that a draft blew it over. This tv is heavy, and I attempted to knock it over with a hard smack and even gave it a good tug & it stood securely on it's stand. Not too mention, the tv sits on a desk. If it were to fall forward, it would have fallen off the desk onto the floor. The tv was flat down on the desk as if someone or something picked it up and laid it flat down. This obviously bothered me and once I mentioned it to my son, he didn't even want to sleep in his room for obvious reasons. As time went on, we just put it behind us as a freak incident and had no other occurences at that house. We moved to our new home a month ago and my son's bedroom is now in our finished basement. He's your typical teenager who is constantly playing video games and watching tv. This evening was no different than most others. After we picked the kids up from school, we went home and they went into their bedrooms to hangout until dinner. After dinner, I went to the basement to play guitar and hangout with my kids in our family room. My son returned to his bedroom to continue playing video games. I watched him walk in and then after a few minutes he comes out into the family room and tells me his tv screen has scratches on it. So, not really too concerned since it is in a teenagers bedroom, I set my guitar down and go into his room and his tv screen does in fact have markings all over it. At first, I thought they were like crayon or chalk marks that could be wiped off, but as I wiped, I realized these were deep scratches. There ware two long scratches that went up/down, maybe about 10" long and another that went across those two forming an "H" shape, which was about 12" long. There was another etching that was like a half circle. My son, who had been playing video games on this tv for 2 hours prior to eating dinner only to go back to playing swears that those marks were not on his screen prior to dinner. Again, these scratches are deep and beyond repair and very noticeable. This is my son's tv in his bedroom, the same one that had mysteriously fell over in the middle of the night at our previous residence, and he takes great pride in his things so he's obviously not happy that his tv is scratched up. We don't have pets or small children who would do this, nor could they reach it where it sits. There was no evidence of any items around the room that could have been used to scratch it to this extent. The scratches look like they were done by a tool, such as a screwdriver or similar to a car that had been keyed. Even if the scratches were there before dinner, there's no way we wouldn't have noticed them in days prior since they basically cover the whole screen. My son is now petrafied about sleeping in his room since we cannot make sense of what has happened and this has obviously got us thinking about the previous occurrence when the tv fell over. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing or have any insight on what I could do to figure out this mystery. I am a rational guy who will ask all the questions before jumping to conclusions and I am lost for answers. We do not have any items in our home that would welcome evil, nor has there been any other incidences prior to this since we've moved. We have Bibles in every room. Is it possible that the tv has a spirit connected to it because of something that was broadcast through it? That question in of itself sounds crazy to me when I read it, but I'm trying to stay open minded about this. Is it possible that something didn't like it's reflection and laid the tv down at our previous resdience and scrached it up now? Any insight would be helpful Thanks!

Edited by jrose77
  • Like 2

Just curious about something...the clawmarks,or scratches...is it like a 3 fingered type claw mark?

I would very much doubt anything that was on tv could have caused a spirit or something to do that. Has there been anything else that's happened around the house? Strange smells or items moving on their own?

I'm not sure what could cause damage like that to a tv, do you mind posting a picture?

They seem to be singular scratches, done one at a time that is...but I can't rule out the idea of a claw mark. I will post photos tomorrow during the day, it's past midnight here and kid's are sleeping. There have been no other occurrences of any sort at this home until this incident.

Also, based on the scratch patterns and how they start deeper and fade out, it appears that the start from the bottom and go up on the screen which also seems odd to me. If I was going to scratch something, I would scrach down, not up.

Edited by jrose77

Indeed, that is odd, either something scratched it upside down or something swiped it which is even weirder..

Well if anything is lurking about,if you leave a video camera on like with Nightshot so you can see in the dark,that would be helpful.Leave it running for the longest duration possible.

Edited by Arkitecht

Wish I knew more about flatscreens to know if this is possible or not but... Is it possible that the screen was stressed from it's initial lay down, then it took a while of regular on/off for the stress to finally fracture? I'm not sure if that would create what you are describing or not though even if it is possible.

I don't know if you have taken the set anywhere to try to have it fixed.Maybe have someone else look at it and see what they make of the scratches. What caused it I have no idea. Arkitect's idea of the video camera set up is good if you have one. I'd leave it in your son's room and let the thing run for several days or a week if you can. Also keep a journal or diary if anything else starts happening around the house.

Then if you need to have to call in a paranormal group you have some video and records to back up any claim of activity in the house.

Not saying that is the source of the scratches. If you take it to someone to repair it or whateverTell them about the tv falling and you wonder if maybe when it fell that it broke something internally in the tv set.

Hey I'm a gamer and your son is a gamer too, so I was wondering if he didn't do all that because he wants a Panasonic VT65? I mean any console gamer would want a TV like this to play battlefield 4 and the new games that are coming out.

Maybe just ask him "Hey son, since your TV has scratches and such, do you want a new TV in the future?" And then see what he says.

• Like 2

Hey I'm a gamer and your son is a gamer too, so I was wondering if he didn't do all that because he wants a Panasonic VT65? I mean any console gamer would want a TV like this to play battlefield 4 and the new games that are coming out.

Maybe just ask him "Hey son, since your TV has scratches and such, do you want a new TV in the future?" And then see what he says.

• Like 2

Yes the TV is probably possessed.

Have you been doing any Voodoo in the house?

Also was the TV used or new when you got it.

This does sounds like the TV is possessed.

Anything that scratches a TV in that way would be good to see a pic of.(that would tell more than just a description). But since no one has come back,well maybe they just figured no use trying.But if you do have something strange,and you replace the TV,i bet it does it again.

If I was that age again, that's certainly one way I would use to get my hands on an upgraded TV ;)

so people think the son scratched it?

but do you think the son made the TV fall over..

even though he was not there??

the plot thickens !

so people think the son scratched it?

but do you think the son made the TV fall over..

even though he was not there??

the plot thickens !

Okay so what they should do is take the TV away from him and place it in the parents room then put another TV in the kid's room and see what happens.

Well, several different factors could be in play. The most likely is the lad wants a new TV. If activity seems to be around the son then why not try and get cameras and try and "see" whats going on? Every-time this is suggested the OP never does it :/

still no pic offered as promised.

not that I think it would have made any difference but it goes a long way to show that this is a hit and run bullcrapping

yes pics and or video would be great...

if they actually got something moving on its own on video...

they would win a million dollars.. from that one guy offering a million...

if you could prove super natural power..