Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovery Channel adds more ufo shows

Spacenut56

The American-based mass media company Discovery Communications continues to flood the market with UFO-related programming on television.

On Sunday, December 15, Discovery’s Animal Planet premiered an episode of a new show titled Uncovering Aliens. In the episode, the show’s team of investigators go to Sedona, Arizona to explore claims of UFO sightings and a possible government cover-up.

http://www.openminds.tv/discovery-communications-continues-ufo-exploration/25463

Wow, tech glitch I don't know what happened in the transfer...will try to correct.

Edited by Saru
Fixed quote

Does not the title " Uncovering Aliens" just sound the same as "Finding Bigfoot".Quite frankly this is a very tired format which will not present any evidence whatsoever just anecdotal cliche's.

• Like 1

The "Discovery" channel has no business calling itself the Discovery Channel anymore.

It's just another network peddling woo and fantasy. Again it has fallen prey to appealing to the masses and you can easily see what the state of affairs the "masses" are in if they thrive on a steady diet of garbage and nonsense.

• Like 3

Is Bill Birnes going to be on any of these? I don't think he's been on a show since UFO Hunters got cancelled. His Hunter S. Thompson style, shameless showmanship, and lack of objectivity never failed to crack me up.

The "Discovery" channel has no business calling itself the Discovery Channel anymore.

It's just another network peddling woo and fantasy. Again it has fallen prey to appealing to the masses and you can easily see what the state of affairs the "masses" are in if they thrive on a steady diet of garbage and nonsense.

Woo and fantasy? Absolutely not! It's peddling cheap reality television. You can learn a lot from their shows:

Moonshiners: How do red necks make booze, you ask?

Street Outlaws: How to make really fast red neck cars.

Porter Ridge: Just like their megahit Duck Dynasty we learn how isolated red necks live (they're not like us).

Warlocks Rising: Watch how motorcycle clubs live on the edge by riding motorcycles.

The Devils Ride: Watch how motorcycle clubs pretend to hate each other.

Man vs. Wild: Remember Survivorman?

Dual Survivor: Remember Survivorman? Now there's two guys.

Dude, You're Screwed: Remember Survivorman? Now it's a competition.

Naked Castaway: Remember Survivorman? Picture him naked for an hour with his blurry junk.

Naked and Afraid: Remember Survivorman? Picture him naked but with a naked blurry woman for an hour.

Amish Mafia: Winner of the most fake "reality" show on television.

Barhunters: Learn about beer and boobs.

Auction Kings: Learn how much things cost and how much stupid people will pay for them.

Airplane Repo: Became so repetitive that they're now repoing yachts and other stuff.

But they still have Mythbusters.

• Like 2

Here in Oz, a lot of that "Naked Cajan Storage Wrestlers" style shows are on a dedicated channel called A&E (supposedly "Adventure & Excitement", but my brother calls it "Ass & Elbow") sadly, we do get Ancient Aliens and Not Finding Bigfoot.

• Like 1

Here in Oz, a lot of that "Naked Cajan Storage Wrestlers" style shows are on a dedicated channel called A&E (supposedly "Adventure & Excitement", but my brother calls it "Ass & Elbow") sadly, we do get Ancient Aliens and Not Finding Bigfoot.

No Pay TV at mine, just FTA and DVD. I am spared the AA it seems. Tried to watch an episode once - painful it was.....

Bah Bigfoot Yowies, aliens, why can't someone do a decent doco on the Nullarbor Nymph? If I ever wanted to believe......

What happened ? I need to start a thread ,called Stupid New Semi-Reality Shows !

Lets start a thread ! :tu:

• Like 1

If the show is anything like that other show, Chasing UFOs (gee, anyone remember that show), then it'll be DOA. The problem with these "UFO hunting" shows is that you can't go out at night and hunt for a UFO like you can, say, Bigfoot. At least with that old show UFO Hunters, they never actually went out at night walking around the woods, waiting to see if the UFO would return. They would try to recreate the sighting and debunk it, not go looking for the exact same UFO seen in some video.

Golly, I hope everyone is gonna be okay. Should we contact Discovery and let them know the distress this is causing?

• Like 1

Golly, I hope everyone is gonna be okay. Should we contact Discovery and let them know the distress this is causing?

Either that, or we could all join hands and start singing......?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by DBunker

If the show is anything like that other show, Chasing UFOs (gee, anyone remember that show), then it'll be DOA. The problem with these "UFO hunting" shows is that you can't go out at night and hunt for a UFO like you can, say, Bigfoot.

Oh, you certainly can. You can point sensitive cameras towards the sky in any remote region at night and see stuff flying around. You'll probably see high altitude planes, you'll certainly see satellites, and if you're lucky you might see a meteor or two. Meteors are the best because people expect them to disintegrate in some spectacular way but through binoculars or a telescope most of the time they just disappear without a trace. This of course will be an extraterrestrial spacecraft turning on a "cloaking device" or perhaps warping into another dimension.

If this is what they do, I doubt we will see these "experts" consulting satellite charts or airline schedules to identify these things. They'll want you to believe that the skies in remote regions are full of aliens piloting spacecraft every night.

Yeah, they should probably rename it the Conjecture Network.

Yes I would agree. Some of these shows are watering down Ufology. Networks are exploiting it for profit.