Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clovis ghost Hunter falls 30 feet

Brian Topp

CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is in the hospital after an accident inside an abandoned winery in Clovis early Monday morning.

Authorities went to the building on Clovis Avenue near Ashlan around 1 a.m. Monday. They said several people were inside, when one of them fell about 30 feet from a walkway.

It's unclear what they were doing, but family members say the group was ghost hunting.

To read more: http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9361840

Maybe their way of insuring a ghost will be there? At some point?

edit to add; Too soon?

Edited by Mentalcase
  • Like 2

Shows where my mind is, I read clovis and was thinking of the prehistoric culture. I was thinking we finally had a reported ghost of a primitive human.

• Like 2

so, the article linked just says that one person was injured, no mention of a death. mistake in the thread title?

So she's expected to survive falling to her death?

• Like 1

People 'ghost haunt' and expect to get away easily and even if there is anything, whoever they're haunting has all the right to give them a little lesson. Curiosity killed the cat.

It's also funny how some attention seekers would do anything to attract the media to get famous even if they have to cut a leg or two. Her name will be released sooner or later and then think about all them people who would wanna know what exactly happened. Let's just hope that was a natural accident and that there were no greedy and selfish intentions behind the incident. We have enough attention seeking scammers in this world already.

Who're you gonna call?

Paramedics!

post-142153-0-15758300-1387349636_thumb.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 4

The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive

*Topic title edited*

• Like 2

I sometimes explore dodgy abandoned sites but I stick to the edges, the state of the infrastructure is more terrifying than what may lurk there, I remember what happened to one of the characters in Stephen King's Salem's Lot getting impaled on some spikes at the end of a broken staircase! That was creepier than the vampires!

• Like 2

The building is located at these coordinates, if anyone is interested in seeing it. 36°47'22.91" N 119°41'56.94" W

I wonder why it is that British ghosts are so much more sensible than American ghosts. After all the British haunt castles, the Americans haunt old shacks and falling-down buildings and prisons and so on.

well, america is pretty short on castles as it is. if all the ghost started haunting them, there wouldn't be enough room for them to scare anyone.

• Like 1

well, america is pretty short on castles as it is. if all the ghost started haunting them, there wouldn't be enough room for them to scare anyone.

True but America has lots of mansions around; not so old maybe but still getting pretty long in the tooth.
  • Like 2

ah, that's true.

american ghosts also like to haunt schools, if i remember my childhood right. when i was in high school, everyone i knew was so certain that the building was haunted by a bunch of ghosts from various different violent incidents. it was ghost central!

unless you asked my father, who had lived in that area for over fifty years. he always would bring up the inconvenient little fact that none of the murders and suicides that the ghosts came from had actually, you know, happened.

funny, that.

I wonder why it is that British ghosts are so much more sensible than American ghosts. After all the British haunt castles, the Americans haunt old shacks and falling-down buildings and prisons and so on.

Well the good old British spooks aren't just limited to castles! Even in the city I live in there are haunted roads (White Woman ghost on the aptly named White Woman Lane), haunted shops, theatres, alley ways, bridges, houses... Mind you the city is over 1000 years old so I'm surprised I don't bump into spooky things every day!

• Like 1