Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anomaly within the Aurora Borealis

lufia

The Aurora Borealis, also known as "northern lights", is featured in this photograph taken by an Expedition 13 crew member on the International Space Station.

iss013e69634.jpg

contrast video:

:P

320x240.jpg

Edited by lufia
  • Like 2

Nowhere near as cool as this one

LuminousAquamarineInOcean1.jpg

Nowhere near as cool as this one

LuminousAquamarineInOcean1.jpg

photoshopped (I think)

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm a very big skeptic, as everyone knows, however when viewing this image it reminded me of something I viewed earlier this week. It was of a UFO caught by the Sun. These "crafts' look like one in the same:

Here is the one you just posted

iss013e69634.jpg

Here is the one I'd viewed earlier:

SOHO,+UFO,+UFOS,+sighting,+sightings,+alien,+aliens,+ET,+space,+sun,+solar,+mothership,+paranormal,+ET,+area+51,+top+secret,+CNN,+Fox,+Justin+Bieber,+Selena+Gomez,+world,+politics,+news,+July,+2013.jpg

Kinda interesting.

• Like 1

Sorry Quillius! I just realized you'd posted this link. I hadn't looked, but now they've got a link to the OP of the Sun "UFO" and also just a side-by-side image of them both.

Sorry Quillius! I just realized you'd posted this link. I hadn't looked, but now they've got a link to the OP of the Sun "UFO" and also just a side-by-side image of them both.

no probs buddy...at least you put more effort than my 'quick link and 4 words' post :yes:

• Like 1

Why does a video need to be made just to show one picture while playing lame music? I was expecting a video of what was taking place.

• Like 2

so....Alien spaceships? Or do astronauts/probes have to use cheapo cams that frequently produce artifacts these days? Or is NASA now infiltrated by pranksters?

Why does a video need to be made just to show one picture while playing lame music? I was expecting a video of what was taking place.

Thats one reason I turn the volume either down or off when watching videos. :yes:

• Like 4

Wow...another mistery in my vaste collection. Thanks for sharing... i m wondering what experts might say again?

a fly? swamp gas? a space fart?

Wow...another mistery in my vaste collection. Thanks for sharing... i m wondering what experts might say again?

Or maybe something even more silly -- ALLIEENZZZ :tu:

i'm no expert, but i stick with space fart for now! :tu:

• Like 1

what experts might say again?

Is anyone else tired of these sarcastic, childish lines in every single ufo topic?

I know I am.

Edited to add:

The picture in the OP is very interesting. And very similar to the recent topic that was referenced. Part of me wonders if it was faked because of that. But still very interesting.

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

The picture in the OP is very interesting. And very similar to the recent topic that was referenced. Part of me wonders if it was faked because of that. But still very interesting.

I have been looking around the link posted by toast http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov to see if I can find something useful,...

Edited by Hazzard

Well I guess that rules out being faked.

Looking forward to hearing serious theories about what this could be. It is a very exciting image.

I think I felt my heart beat and everything.

:P

Edited by Jeffertonturner

Lets make it a contest,... the first one that can find out what it is has to buy me a beer. :tsu:

• Like 3

I have been looking around the link posted by toast http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov to see if I can find something useful,...

Try this : http://www.spaceflig.../ndxpage38.html

It´s the pic library of expedidtion 13. The OP pic was taken on 20AUG2006.

There is another AB pic from this mission but not with the object . I have sreened the whole library, but just 2 are showing AB.

Edited by toast