Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putting a myth to rest

Stellar

^haha, including that one?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• firefemme1202

• _hAiLO_

• cyberlord

Ditto.

Great, we had one of the world's greatest scientest in our country last century and we used him to build an ATOM BOMB.  Gee.....all that time and he could have been discovering other things.....shoot, I'm glad he at least had time to figure out E=MC squared before people used his genius for something else equally or potentially more destructive.

328034[/snapback]

Steller had a great point---at the time, the A-bomb didn't seem like such a bad idea. We now know differently.

329724[/snapback]

laugh.gif "It seemed like a good idea at the time" They didn't take the time to sit back, and think about what could happen with such a powerful weapon. Seems like they weren't using their brain when that happened.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time to have unprotected sex."

To bad they didn't know about STD's and AIDS wink2.gif good point, thanks for backing me up there flyguy wink2.gif

"It seemed like a good idea at the time" They didn't take the time to sit back, and think about what could happen with such a powerful weapon. Seems like they weren't using their brain when that happened.

Actually, it didnt *seem* like a good idea, it was a good idea. The axis was also making an A-Bomb, and if they succeeded, things would have been a lot worse.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time" They didn't take the time to sit back, and think about what could happen with such a powerful weapon. Seems like they weren't using their brain when that happened.

Actually, it didnt *seem* like a good idea, it was a good idea. The axis was also making an A-Bomb, and if they succeeded, things would have been a lot worse.

333060[/snapback]

Perhaps if Einstein's brilliance wasn't secluded to the Manhattan project for it's duration, he could have been figuring out a SOLUTION to the atom bomb...solutions that would destroy nuclear weapons or prevent against them. Why does man always have to retaliate with going higher instead of just going to base or foundation of a problem and killing it from there.

Please explain to me what kind of realistic prevention technique could exist? You're not gonna manage to destroy a bomb in an era where guided missiles dont even exist. The only solution was to build the A bomb first.

Please explain to me what kind of realistic prevention technique could exist? You're not gonna manage to destroy a bomb in an era where guided missiles dont even exist. The only solution was to build the A bomb first.

333751[/snapback]

He didn't necessarily have to think of a solution to the bomb itself, but a combatant against mass destruction...but oh well, what's done is done and there's no going back...but I just don't want any future geniuses to be used simply as a mode of creating extreme weapons when they could be creating something much more useful to our earth...like cold fusion or something.

Actually, he did create a good combatant against Mass Destruction. Its the reason the USSR and US didnt go to war.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think you were gonna get this one past me did you tongue.gif .

First of all, i agree with the fact that we don't use 10% of our brain. No concider the facts of the multiple intelligent theory. You know the one with spacial emotional etc. I posted a topic on it a while a go.

We do use a 100% of our brain but we also don't use 100% at a full. Every part of our brain is hardwired. Something takes up every but of grey matter. Pieces of info, how to move your left pinkie etc. The only problem in the whole thing lies in the fact that we don't have complete control over all of these little aspects. For instance, you'd find some person who could draw the best art piece in the world but isn't good at math. Then you'd get a genius in math but won't know the first thing in drawing.

Therefore 100% of our brain is hardwired but 100% of our brain isn't an expert at everything. You can train yourself to become more expert at the thing such is visual, number, emotional, physical etc.

I NEVER USE MY BRAIN !

Science will never prove that the brain was doing the thinking.

Its only main job is to regulates all our body functions but it doesn't do the thinking. And my claim can not be proven too. Only people who was lucky enough that their mind suddenly opened up and saw the real thing.

Every person has a maximum limit of 100% brain power potential, but only uses 10% of that potential on all of the parts of their brain combined. Einstein used somewhere between 13-20% of his brain potential.

scipherel Posted Today, 01:54 PM

Science will never prove that the brain was doing the thinking.

Its only main job is to regulates all our body functions but it doesn't do the thinking. And my claim can not be proven too. Only people who was lucky enough that their mind suddenly opened up and saw the real thing.

It's alreadt been proven we use our brain for thinking. People have been hooked up to EEG feedback units and told to use their mind in different ways, visualization, meditating, sleeping. Every time the EEG unit would show the brain lighting up like a christmas tree.

Every time the EEG unit would show the brain lighting up like a christmas tree.

sorry ! don't know about that. and don't know about eeg.

But is it the brain waves that registered on eeg ? or can they detect the one that do the thinking?

"enstein is dumb and not a genius.

he forgot he was a highly evolve human being."

Every person has a maximum limit of 100% brain power potential, but only uses 10% of that potential on all of the parts of their brain combined. Einstein used somewhere between 13-20% of his brain potential.

No, everyone USES 100% of their brains, but only usually uses 10% at any given time. When ur doing different things, different parts of your brain are used.

• 2 weeks later...
Lashley removed large areas of the cerebral cortex in rats and found that these animals could still relearn specific tasks. We now know that destruction of even small areas of the human brain can have devastating effects on behavior. That is one reason why neurosurgeons must carefully map the brain before removing brain tissue during operations for epilepsy or brain tumors: they want to make sure that essential areas of the brain are not damaged.

What data were used to come up with the number - 10%? Does this mean that you would be just fine if 90% of your brain was removed? If the average human brain weighs 1,400 grams (about 3 lb) and 90% of it was removed, that would leave 140 grams (about 0.3 lb) of brain tissue. That's about the size of a sheep's brain. It is well known that damage to a relatively small area of the brain, such as that caused by a stroke, may cause devastating disabilities. Certain neurological disorders, such as Parkinson's Disease, also affect only specific areas of the brain. The damage caused by these conditions is far less than damage to 90% of the brain.

studies show that all parts of the brain function. Even during sleep, the brain is active. The brain is still being "used," it is just in a different active state

----------------------------------------

we are using 10% of our real abilities

maybe we are using 100 % of our brain parts, maybe 100% of our brain is functual , but ...

let me give u this example .....

if u have a car that have a maximum speed of 100 km/h and u are driving it with a speed 10 km/h , then the whole machines are working and if u removed any part of the car it'll not work but u r using 10% of the cars REAL abilities ....

that's what i ment ...

this research is talking about brain's hardware and iam talking about the software if u know what i mean.....

if we are using 100% percent of our brains abilities we will be all supersmart , master of psi , time and space ...... original.gif

i hope u got my point thumbsup.gif

Yes, but cars can be easily predicted and tested to go at higher speeds than normal (in fact, they are required to do so prior to production). There is no such prediction or test that indicates humans have the capacity to do anything beyond the intellectual exercises we have already witnesses the mind capable of doing.

I only gave the car example to make my self clear , cars are human creation , but mind is god's creation .......

if u read any NPL (nervous language programming ) u will see that our whole mind is seperated into two : concious 10% and sub-concious 90%

,concious stop working when u sleep , the sub one never stops , all what u do is done through concious mind , that's why our abilities are far more ......

why the people accept the fact that we only uses 10 % of our bodies abilities (some says 30 - 40 % ) and don't accept that to our mind although it's greater than the body ... ?

Yes, but the car is not a valid example, specifically for the reasons you posted.

Even if NPL theory is valid, it still means that the 90% being used unconsciously is still being used. There is not a single example of a subconcious function suddenly demonstrating any sort of ability it did not have before simple by making it a conscious function.

again , i have written the car example so u can understand what i mean , the article wrighter disagree with that we use 10% of our minds , the material mind , that's almost right although the front parts of mind are not functional ( the dead zone ) they call it , many scientists think this part is responsible of psi abilities ...

but we can say we uses 100% of brains part , thats logically acceptable because the every brain's part completes the other .......

but i say the power of the brain is not maximized , that's why u see smart people , stupied people... that's why we can improve our power by training , like bodies power improves by training , minds abilities improves by training it .......

i think psi , yuga and what Tibetan monks and poor Indian do is a very clear evidence on what our minds can reach by training .....

To be fair to everyone, I think I know a few people that only use 10% of their brain. laugh.gif

327956[/snapback]

politicians and lawyers!!

Yeah umm... I dont think the a bomb was such a bad idea at the time...

328276[/snapback]

I think the atomic bomb prevents many facets of war that used to plague the planet. Though this is up for debate I realize.

Atomic bomb was horrer. I wish you could read this short book called 'Hiroshima' that explains how horrid it was for both the Japanese citizens and the Enola Gay pilots....horrid....

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE