Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Facebook User Glued To Phone Walks Off Pier

Still Waters

Just read about this on a news site.

See, as a tourist, I personally would be forgetting about my phone and looking at the sites.

She did apologize though, and I should think so, what an insult, facebook is more important than their pier!! Tut tut.

Maybe anyone using facebook

should pay an insurance, to cover the costs of the emercency services and the hospital fees....it would be interesting to know how many car accidents happen because someone is glued to their facebook page.

• Like 1

'Real Life' has little patience with those who don't pay attention to it. She's lucky that she didn't step out in front of a Mac truck vs just walking off a pier.

• Like 5

If her phone is a nokia it probably has its own set of floaties and survived.

I saw this on the tv news and laughed. She is lucky at least it was a pier and not a high cliff or something. I wonder if she will sue fcaebook or the phone company or something.

• Like 1

And here I am on my cellular all the time... Just kidding. I don't even own a cellular. I just don't see the appeal.

• Like 5

The only way this actually happened, is if she was blind, and of course that can`t be the case, coz hey she was on face book.

I can definitely see this happening. Some people are very addicted to social media AND their phones. Thats one too many obligations for me though lol.

This isn't surprising, I've seen several people walk right into street lamps and other assorted poles sticking out of the ground while engrossed in thier so called 'smart' phones.

• Like 4

The only way this actually happened, is if she was blind, and of course that can`t be the case, coz hey she was on face book.

you're kidding, right?

I have seen people so engrossed in their phones that they walk into things.

I saw a guy riding his bike against traffic with his elbows steering while looking down, texting. I figure it's a matter of time before he gets killed.

several accidents - some fatal - occur because people are texting while driving.

• Like 3

I wonder if she was chewing gum as well? She probably texts and drives, too.

Edited by paperdyer

everyone being so obsessed with their little gadgets should get shoved into the pier!

• Like 2

The tables have turned. Mad people that talk to themselves now look at us talking on mobiles and walking off cliffs. We're doing them out of a job.

We need to build more piers and fountains.

• Like 2

"Oh, yeah.... Yeah, life's good.... Hang on, I think there's a pier nearby.... Ah, I'll ignore it. So, anywa-"

The last thing she said before she dun goofed.

Seriously. How could you NOT see a pier right in front of you? You have to be so attached to electronics not to see it.

• Like 2

People need to stop looking down at their phones when they are walking. I rarely look at my phone unless I have messages, checking the time, and to see if anyone called me. -.-; People are going to have neck problems by having their head down all the time!

• Like 2

People need to stop looking down at their phones when they are walking. I rarely look at my phone unless I have messages, checking the time, and to see if anyone called me. -.-; People are going to have neck problems by having their head down all the time!

the whole phenomenon turns me into two things:

1) my own gramps: because i get seriously annoyed by people in the streets being stuck to their gadgets

(inner fist-shaking and thinking "damn you kids!!")

2) a major dick: i caught myself several times bumping deliberately into people coming towards me and not paying attention.

maybe i could become some kind of a dark super hero though....."the Pier"...!

• Like 3

Wow so she did take a long walk off a short pier.

Any way I hope she won't do this agin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD JOB SHE WASN'T DRIVING A SPEEDBOAT. IF SHE HAD BEEN THEN IN THEORY SHE COULD HAVE KILLED AND INJURED A LOT OF PEOPLE. CROWD OF YOUNG KIDS. HIGH SPEED BOAT WITH SHARP BOW. SHARP PROPELLER. IT'D MAKE A RIGHT MESS I RECKON IF IT HIT A PACKED OUT BEACH.

GOOD JOB SHE WASN'T DRIVING A SPEEDBOAT. IF SHE HAD BEEN THEN IN THEORY SHE COULD HAVE KILLED AND INJURED A LOT OF PEOPLE. CROWD OF YOUNG KIDS. HIGH SPEED BOAT WITH SHARP BOW. SHARP PROPELLER. IT'D MAKE A RIGHT MESS I RECKON IF IT HIT A PACKED OUT BEACH.

THAT'S TRUE! BUT TYPING LIKE THIS MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE SCREAAAAAAAMIIIIIIING!!!!!! IS THERE A SPEEDBOAT APPROACHING??? COVEEEEERRRR!!!!