Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the moon an artificial structure ?

UM-Bot

Alternative theories about the nature and origins of the moon have been circulating for decades.

There are still many mysteries surrounding our lunar neighbor, not least of which being the exact mechanism through which it came in to being. While most scientists favor conventional formation theories, there are a few people who believe that the moon is not quite what it seems.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/259579/is-the-moon-an-artificial-structure

• Like 2

Hollow? Good it will make it much easier to turn it into highend apartments and Moon Disney.

• Like 2

I find the moon beautiful. I don't care where it came from.

• Like 6

I've always found the structure on the left hand side of the image facsinating as it does resemble a castle or some type of Greek structure with columns. The fact that this is floating 9 miles above the moon is really intriguing. I wish NASA would've gotten close up shots of this even if it turned out to be just a naturally formed piece of glass, it looks amazing...

post-57450-0-09274900-1387467741_thumb.j

^Please post pic you're referring to. Don't see it anywhere.

Never mind, when I posted I was able to view it.

Edited by staver
  • Like 1

If the Moon is hollow, the surface would be to be quite dense to withstand the meteor impacts and create the gravity it does have.

• Like 1

well this is the first I've heard of it.

I thought the moon was made of cheese, and now this

I'm still hoping it's a giant dust-covered Kinder Surprise. :)

• Like 2

The moon is not hollow, it has sufficient mass to prove this.

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

The idea that the moon is an artificial satellite makes no sense at all. The seismic ringing of the Moon does not mean it is hollow. The Earth rings for a long time after a big quake. The recent scans of the moon by the pair of satellites to map out the gravimetric readings of the Moon also show it is not hollow.

Not listed in the anomalies is that the Moon recedes from the Earth about 1.5cm a year. Nor is it listed that the Moon by receding is lengthening the lunar month.

http://nypost.com/2004/12/28/quakes-jolting-effect-leaves-the-earth-ringing/

It will last for three days, perhaps longer.

The phenomenon was observed after the 9.5-magnitude quake in Chile in 1960 and the 9.2 magnitude temblor in Alaska in 1964.

After both quakes, the ringing lasted for three days, getting smaller every day.

• Like 1

Just curious... I thought that the mass of our moon is known, and consistent with a "non-hollow" moon.

• Like 1

The only artificial structure fills the space within the skull of the theorists that thought up this baloney!

• Like 2

The idea that the moon is an artificial satellite makes no sense at all. The seismic ringing of the Moon does not mean it is hollow. The Earth rings for a long time after a big quake. The recent scans of the moon by the pair of satellites to map out the gravimetric readings of the Moon also show it is not hollow.

Not listed in the anomalies is that the Moon recedes from the Earth about 1.5cm a year. Nor is it listed that the Moon by receding is lengthening the lunar month.

http://nypost.com/2004/12/28/quakes-jolting-effect-leaves-the-earth-ringing/

Ever heard of ringing rocks?

I'm going to side with those who say the mass just doesn't allow for it to be hollow.

Now, those secret alien bases on the Dark Side......

• Like 1

our understanding in gravity still at novice level , i believe science will able to explain when we learn more about gravity

We actually understand gravity pretty well, we understand how it affects time and how to utilize it to send probes into space.