Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's next after inner peace? I found it

LostSouls7

I don't follow any spiritual path really.

You know I was raised in a strange Christian religion.

But in the end I didn't like the idea of being enslaved to men or their will.

So then I rebelled.

But after years of searching I found inner peace.

Something I never found in that building or with those people.

I feel at peace in my soul.. i feel happy.. and self empowered.

And I didn't need a church to get it...!!

I just read a lot gain wisdom and use it to better my life.

I also really like nature. I believe the crows are my friends. and they love to come eat on my front lawn...

i sing to them.. and they crow back.. it is a wonderful feeling..

same with the cats that come to visit me.. they are great loving creatures..

and i admire them...

So now that I have found inner peace what is the best next step for my soul?

What is the wise thing to do next ? I would like advice from the older ones here..

as I am only 30.. and I think i have reached inner peace at a young age..

thank you very much.

• Like 4

I must ask, if you feel you must strive for something more then have you really found inner peace?

Because if you have found inner peace, then it would seem to me that you would not want or need to strive for anything more.

• Like 8

Maybe you should tell us.... What do you think you should do?

:)

Mabon.

• Like 3

Well lately I have been using what I learned to help other people..

some of my friends.. who live with chaos in their minds and emotions..

who are depressed. I try to help them any way I can.

I also teach people things I have learned...

that is the next step I am taking ...

for now I am happy to help other people who are depressed or in emotional chaos..

as i once was..

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but my first inclination was to laugh hysterically! Do you honestly think that's it? That you will have 'inner peace' continuously from now on? By all means enjoy it while you've got it, just don't assume it will be unshakeable.

Ouija Ouija, aged 61 and a half(exactly!) :P

• Like 3

Perhaps what's next isn't a step. Perhaps what's next after inner peace is mastering it. Enjoying it and being grateful for it, practicing it every day. Learning how to share and nurture that peace as well as guard and protect that peace.

Attaining inner peace is one step up at a time to the plateau, and peace is a vast and wild plateau, explore it one step at a time.

• Like 2

The title is a contradiction. If you have it you wont want, and if you want, you wont have it.

Circular reasoning I know... you still have inner turmoil its absolutely obvious. That doesn't mean you haven't felt inner peace, but you are still walking the path that leads to it. When you finally have reached inner peace you will know and wanting will not be inside you any longer.

Buddha says wanting brings suffering yet only through suffering can one find enlightenment.

• Like 2

Aye ... searching for more only guarantees a lost of inner peace ... and least you found yourself at the door .... :)

• Like 2

‘Before enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water’ Zen saying

What is the wise thing to do? Make it the foundation of every day of your life and you will find it evolves into an awareness of the wonderful gift that life is, you will find the awareness naturally increase and compassion will fill your heart and that compassion and Love have no upper limit. So just live your life and spread the Love, the world really needs it.

“Be yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search or struggle. Just be.” Thich Nhat Hanh

• Like 6

Love Thich Nhat Hanh. I've believed for a long time we were all born with everything we need to be happy, but somewhere along the long we forget that and start looking outside ourselves for happiness. If we're lucky, we rediscover our own true selves. For me, this is what the story of the biblical Fall is about.

• Like 2

Congratulations, hippie peace love flowers... Now spread it around, smile and be kind. A spiritual path is a journey it doesn't have a stopping point only forks in the road.

• Like 3

So then I rebelled.

if rebelling could get you this far why not relay on it further instead of asking opinions from men?

So then I rebelled.

But after years of searching I found inner peace.

Something I never found in that building or with those people.

I feel at peace in my soul.. i feel happy.. and self empowered.

And I didn't need a church to get it...!!

I just read a lot gain wisdom and use it to better my life.

I also really like nature. I believe the crows are my friends. and they love to come eat on my front lawn...

i sing to them.. and they crow back.. it is a wonderful feeling..

same with the cats that come to visit me.. they are great loving creatures..

and i admire them...

So now that I have found inner peace what is the best next step for my soul?

What is the wise thing to do next ? I would like advice from the older ones here..

as I am only 30.. and I think i have reached inner peace at a young age..

thank you very much.

Serve

• Like 1

Next is helping others receive their inner peace... this occurs naturally by you staying centered and being available but you could always do some charity work too...

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but my first inclination was to laugh hysterically! Do you honestly think that's it? That you will have 'inner peace' continuously from now on? By all means enjoy it while you've got it, just don't assume it will be unshakeable.

Ouija Ouija, aged 61 and a half(exactly!) :P

Unshakable is different from altogether lost. Once we know how to do something we will always have that knowledge. The thing about faith or inner peace is that it is not dependant on outside obstacles, yes the obstacles may trip you up or enhance your experience but they do not take away the inner peace. Part of having achieved that realization I think is knowing that no one can take it away.

• Like 2

I must ask, if you feel you must strive for something more then have you really found inner peace?

Because if you have found inner peace, then it would seem to me that you would not want or need to strive for anything more.

A bit zen for me. :innocent: The road to perfection of oneself is never ending. Inner peace is the first and easiest step to enlightenment. Next might be the alignment of self with other. Ie working to make the rest of the world more a reflection of your own inner peace.

Unshakable is different from altogether lost. Once we know how to do something we will always have that knowledge. The thing about faith or inner peace is that it is not dependant on outside obstacles, yes the obstacles may trip you up or enhance your experience but they do not take away the inner peace. Part of having achieved that realization I think is knowing that no one can take it away.

Yes once mastered it is never lost, although it can be challenged by life. I have lost almost everything and experienced nothing but peace and joy from the losses. Our strength, perceptions, feelings emotions etc lie within us and are not connected to any external circumstances. They are constructs of our own making. With that realisation, and acceptance of this truth, inner peace, or happiness, or joy or any other feeling, are available at will.

As spirit writer says No one can take this away from a person They cant get into your mind, heart or body, and remove it. Only you can choose to surrender it.

Edited by Mr Walker

Love Thich Nhat Hanh. I've believed for a long time we were all born with everything we need to be happy, but somewhere along the long we forget that and start looking outside ourselves for happiness. If we're lucky, we rediscover our own true selves. For me, this is what the story of the biblical Fall is about.

Hi Beany, I agree we are born open and clear, the pure essence of Life itself but we are taught to use our senses and intellect to create our world view. This is not necessarily a bad thing we need our mind and senses to function but when we forget the empirical knowledge of ‘being’ we lose contact with our true essence of Oneness and believe ourselves too be separate from all around us and then selfishness raises its ugly head and so greed and war fill our world. As you say this is what the biblical fall is about. I think that the heart is the real control centre but through our education and social programming we have become ‘mind centred’ but we can become ‘heart centred’ again through meditation which stills the restless noisy thought maker/mind and so reveals the silent wonder of the Life Force within us and then the appreciation of this wonderful gift of life fills us with gratitude and Love, things so sadly missing in this crazy world.

‘We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness’ Thich Nhat Hanh

My advice would be to simply understand the peace that you feel. Ask yourself questions such as, why do I feel peace? Am I truly content down to my very soul? If I am content and at peace, why do I feel the need to find a next step? Do I need to find further truth?

Feeling inner peace is a great thing and I am sincerely happy for you. However, you must remember that life is all about learning and growing; until that very moment our soul leaves.

God Bless.

The road to inner peace is "KUDUUUSH".

No Op you didnt find it, try again.

Edited by Mayan