Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this inscription remind you of?

Whitecloud

Some of you may know of this, others may not. Without disclosing the location of the inscription, what scripts would you say have potential parallels?

post-142246-0-50424300-1387524457_thumb.

Do you have a better image to share? The one you posted looks... questionable, to put it politely.

• Like 1

Do you have a better image to share? The one you posted looks... questionable, to put it politely.

...question everything my friend. I cannot locate a better image online so I did a drawing of it. I like to think I'm pretty decent at drawing. Anyway the stuff to the left is interesting, ill get a picture of it started. But what I've put here is the actual inscription.

post-142246-0-40901200-1387535370_thumb.

Have to agree with Slave2Fate - the glyphs/pictures look like they are drawn on a picture of a rock face rather than drawn on a rock face

• Like 1

Whatever they are, we could not tell you without its context,like where it was found, was the place inhabited/settled and so on.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Slave2Fate - the glyphs/pictures look like they are drawn on a picture of a rock face rather than drawn on a rock face

They are chalked in for the photo

Which is a problem. We need to see the original image, since there's a good possibility that the person filling in the lines let their mind wander a bit.

• Like 1

They are chalked in for the photo

By who and who took the photo?

It look suspiciously like someone who doesn't know any actual ancient languages trying to fake an ancient language.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

I'll be a lttle more favorable. I'm willing to bet whoever made this pic genuinely sees the figures he's marked out in the rock. The question is really are the figures actually there.

The lines are clearly incised in the rock, but it would be impossible to photograph clearly without the chalk

post-142246-0-22846400-1387576055_thumb.

That image does not look to me like impossible to photograph,it looks more like 5 thumbs on the camera. Still,without context they are meaningless.

That image does not look to me like impossible to photograph,it looks more like 5 thumbs on the camera. Still,without context they are meaningless.

Can you imagine that you would see the figures without the chalk? How can I know the context? I thought it might be referring to an eclipse or something

Can you imagine that you would see the figures without the chalk? How can I know the context? I thought it might be referring to an eclipse or something

The context is place, habitation, location and whathavewe that gives us a clue what culture we are talking about.

The lines are clearly incised in the rock, but it would be impossible to photograph clearly without the chalk

That doesn't look chalked in, it looks like it was done after the picture was taken and then while the film was being developed.

This is an old photgraph it seems, and looks familiar.

That doesn't look chalked in, it looks like it was done after the picture was taken and then while the film was being developed.

This is an old photgraph it seems, and looks familiar.

Even though its from another angle? Damn. You guys are mad skeptics. The reason I didn't want to go into details is I hoped someone might sense a similarity without needing to

If it can be seen with the naked eye, it can be photographed, unless the photographer is still using a Brownie, even then, he would get something.

• Like 1

If it can be seen with the naked eye, it can be photographed, unless the photographer is still using a Brownie, even then, he would get something.

If you can't make a decent picture from 10 feet with a Brownie you should give it up :innocent:

• Like 1

To be fair, the photos are old. Has no one ever seen the method of chalking in the inscription for a photo? Probably more significant in the black and white days

To be fair, the photos are old. Has no one ever seen the method of chalking in the inscription for a photo? Probably more significant in the black and white days

To be even fairer, those are lithographys of photographs, not actual photographs. So i suppose they were copied from some magazine or cheaply printed book?

• Like 1

To be even fairer, those are lithographys of photographs, not actual photographs. So i suppose they were copied from some magazine or cheaply printed book?

Now you're being a bit nasty dude. If you consider it bs than go

Yes we have seen it tried before, and on a "convincing" piece of evidence, it always scores a minus.

If this piece of archive photography of a rock had any credibility, then by now there would be many more upto date photos (in colour) by those who thought it interesting.

Now you're being a bit nasty dude. If you consider it bs than go

Well, as a professional in the photography field I cannot see any other explanation, because the last time images were so sketchy was in the Talbotype times, but in those days people did not have on any baseball caps.

The other explanation is that somebody photoshopped the whole affair and was not very good at it. So if you want an answer you better cough up some more information or we have to suppose that you want to sell us some images of an alien invasion. Which surely are photoshopped.

This is clearly old, are there ant recent photos of this?

While I can't place it, even if the images are genuine I'm not seeing anything particularly weird. It could have been carved ages ago or 50 years ag. Without conttext we don't know what we are looking at.

This is clearly old, are there ant recent photos of this?

While I can't place it, even if the images are genuine I'm not seeing anything particularly weird. It could have been carved ages ago or 50 years ag. Without conttext we don't know what we are looking at.

That picture was taken no earlier than the 60s. Look at the cloth the dude wears.