Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help I think my cat was taken by something

sanchez3

We recently moved into home we have owned for six years just not occupied for the past 3 years in due to military service. We have visited the house countless number of times over the past years and stayed lengthy visits, with no strange encounters. Also my husband used to live in this house with his exwife and she stayed in the home for awhile before we got together, also with no strange incidents. We have been officially moved in for about two weeks, I have a cat who moved with us. This is not his first time here he came earlier this year for about two weeks while we prepared the home for our move.

Last week my husband left with the children and I began to hear strange noises from the kitchen sounding like someone was in there so I grabbed a mirror we had yet to hang and used it to peek around the corner and was prepared to hit who was ever in my house. I used my other hand to call him, he came home we searched the house and no one was here. This time I took our gun down to the living room with me and continued to do some x-mas shopping on the computer. AGAIN I heard someone around the corner in the kitchen and heard the pantry door close. I grabbed the gun and began into the hall way, ( I am military police) I was more scared for the person in my house then for myself. Once I got into the kitchen the pantry door was indeed cracked open, but no one around. I called my husband again and told him "I think im losing my mind" he asked if I wanted him to come home and I responded I would be fine. About 5 mins. later AGAIN I head someone dragging there feet as they walked through my kitchen. I picked up the phone and told him "this is getting to be ridiculous come home." When he came back we, (us and two kids) sat in the living room quietly to try and listen to what I had been hearing. NOTHING. He left our son with us and he left with our daughter. We heard nothing else that night ! A few days later I was home alone again, I went outside to spray paint something for my sons school project, it was nice outside and I thought this would be a good time to sand and refinish our coffee table that was in the garage. I came in the house to get my tennis shoes from my bedroom located upstairs. I got my shoes and noticed my cat basking in the sun, I sat down and rubbed his head while I put my shoes. I remember that I had to send an email out ASAP, while still rubbing my cat I heard what sounded like a light switch being flicked. When I got up to go send my email I noticed my closet light was back on. The room with my computer in it is also upstairs on the complete opposite end of the house. The cat bulleted into that room and waited for me to get there so he could continue to get his head rubbed. As I walked into the room in noticed he was still staring behind me as if something was following me into the room. This was chilling but I brushed it off, after started my email I realized I needed someone's phone number and my phone was downstairs. When I got the end of the stairs the front door had been cracked open, I know it shut it but I just told my self maybe you didn't press hard enough.

A few days later my husband left early in the morning and when I woke up my mother had called and I was talking to her when I heard someone walking up our steps. I said my husbands name out loud and got to response. I grabbed our gun and looked out the window and his car was gone so I waited for someone to attempt to open our locked bedroom door. A few minutes passed and nothing happened I stayed on the phone with my mother and was telling her about the other strange incidents. Then my bedroom door started to slightly shake, I noticed my cats little paw under the door so I let him in and brushed off the incident. The steps on the stairs were much to loud and slow to be him, he runs up and down it as fast as he can. Not much later my husband came home and nothing else happened that day.

The next day my husband got out of bed and go something to drink in the middle of the night, we have a king size bed and it makes this annoying little creek when you move, but takes a substantial amount of weight to make a sound. He woke me when he got out of bed and I could hear him open the fridge. I laid there with my back turned to his side when I heard that creek come from his side of the bed, I was hesitant to roll over and look but I did nothing was there. He shortly came back to bed and I did not tell him what I heard, just went to sleep.

YESTERDAY I woke up from the strangest nightmare and instantly told my husband. I dreamt that my cat was pulling on blanket on the floor at the end of my bed so I looked over the end of the bed to tell him to stop it, and when I looked the cat was being drug/pulled by something and was actually trying to hold on to the blanket. That day was a normal day, I was gone the majority of the day and returned around 7pm with dinner. After dinner I stay on the couch with my cat for a little while, while my husband was working on some painting in the bathroom. I was rubbing the cats head and trying to get him to lay down but he was acting uneasy. He kept getting real wide eyed and looking behind me and then to the other side of the room and staring there. I thought there may be a bug flying around but couldn't see one. He seemed nervous and jumped down, and I never seen him again that night. We stayed up very late painting in the bathroom to around 3am. Around 2am our neighbors dogs began franticly barking and they didn't stop for what seemed like an hour. I have been very on edge from all the strange things happening to me and I told my husband SOMETHING DOESNT FEEL RIGHT !! and It didn't I had a very upsetting feeling listening to the dogs bark uncontrollably. Normally my cat sleeps with our son at night, who needs to be woken up every night to use the restroom. When I went to his room to wake him up in the middle of the night I did not see the cat but also was not looking for him either. This morning when I woke up I did not feel well at all and ended up falling back asleep until 1pm, and then again dosed off until 5pm. When I finally got out of bed I began to finish painting in the bathroom and went through our daily mail. It was just the two of us home the kids are spending the weekend with their mother. We discussed what were going to eat, but wanted to put another coat of paint on the bathroom b4 we left. He also mentioned to me around 8pm that he had not seen my cat all day. THIS IS VERY STRANGE!!! If you are in the kitchen the cat is in the kitchen, he can never seam to get enough food and is always meowing for more!! I took his food dish and went from room to room calling his name and shaking his food. I got no response, I came downstairs upset and confused but cont. to search for him. My husband also got a flash light out and we begin to check all his hiding spots and call for him! He is not in the house ! and would never go with out a meal, my husband called the children and the cat did not sleep with our son last night and they did not see him this morning ! We checked the entire house, garage and surrounding yard. It is dark outside but we have called and searched for him. The cat seemed to disappear out of this house between 10pm and 6am.

I have been involved with many paranormal incidents in my life including my teenage years at my mothers house where we had to have a median come and communicate with the sprits to have the house cleansed, 2 woman from the 40's had taken interest in me and made our house a residence to help mother/raise me. These were not evil sprits and caused no one any harm during our hauntings, but would become more active during times I was not home or misbehaving like normal teenagers do. This median told my mother that I have many spirits visit me constantly, I can not remember the exact word she called me but basically saying I am almost like a channel that there are attracted to for communication. And also mentioned that a few one of my friends and my grandmother, god bless them. Visit me frequently. Since then I have had multiple strange incidents happen, in which I set time to pray to god and ask him to bless me and my family and protect us from all evil.

I am afraid that something evil has taken my cat, I love my cat he is only 6 months old and just adores me. He is really a one person cat and he does not have a good relationship with my husband they are both jealous of each other. I am afraid that this time an evil sprit is trying to communicate and did not like that my cat could see it, and has taken him. I have a very strong feeling the cat is dead and that the dream I had the night he went missing was my sign that it was going to happen. Some anyone please help me, I want my cat back and want to know what it is going in my house and how to make it stop!!!

I hope for the best and i think your right it looks like your cat was in a struggle. Animals can see them and few people can see them. Their not much you can do now just hope help comes. Not human medium type because that doesn't repel it. I've been similar stuff like this so i hope this helps it just never included animals. Pray to others then god maybe that will work did for me. You know why they take interest in you exactly?

Best i can do with my knowledge(The dream was real and your cat was being dragged off so if you have another one like that be careful)

Edited by Alster99

Hello,

Realism: Animals can see spirits and other things we can't see, and this is the first time I heard about a story like this where an animal was taken away by something. Personally, I don't know what to say beside that your cat might have gotten out and lost its way back. How that happened? I guess we will never know. When you walk into drugstores or supermarkets you can see flyers from pet owners asking whoever find their cat or dog to contact X number. When we look at the picture on the announcement flyer we see that in most cases the cats are either very young or adults so we immediately wonder how would the cat get lost if its being with its master for years, right? So I believe that some pets when they're curious enough to step outside the house, some of them may lose their way back if they aren't used to the streets.

VS

Paranormal: Now, I'm sitting here with a friend of mine. This friend of mind had many strange experiences in the past. I read your story to him and the first thing he said is that whatever dream you said you had, that was not a dream. You actually woke up and saw your cat being pulled and that you may have actually seen the entity but because of that, the entity got mad and put your back to sleep in some trance form of sleep. So when you woke up, you believed it was a dream with little memory left of what happened.

Also they say a cat can keep spirits away and protect the family. IF your experience is spiritually true, then the cat did indeed protect you. So the cat kind of protected you and its vanishing is a sign that it's about time you start protecting yourself spiritually.

Edited by Euryleia
  • Like 1

Hello,

This whole concept of pets seeing/sensing ghosts has one major flaw. We do not know what the animals think. This single sentance is filled with more truth that what people can claim on here. We can speculate on how animals react, We can observe and watch their body language, their vocals but doesn't mean "Dog looking at wall = ghost".

Animals have very good hearing, My dog can hear noises down the street that to make i can not hear unless i went outside. If i didn't go outside, I would of not known my dog was growling and staring at the wall.

Until the day that we have mastered the ability to read the animal mind, there is no such proof except speculation and wishful thinking.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

Until the day that we have mastered the ability to read the animal mind, there is no such proof except speculation and wishful thinking.

This is true at the same time. Many of us believe that animals have a sixth sense? which is to see what we cannot see... and many of us believe that just because we've been used to hearing the same repetitive thing left and right and throughout generations. But at the end, nothing proves that they're seeing a ghost like you said. Yet I wonder why they would bark and growl at nothingness?

This is one the reasons it is said dogs bark without reasons and at nothing:

If after observing your dog, you still feel that he is truly barking at nothing, he may be exhibiting compulsive behavior. These dogs often pace the fence line or walk in circles while barking. A dog that is exhibiting compulsive behavior may show improvement with an increase in mental and physical activity, but typically require treatment from a veterinarian or animal behaviorist to put a stop to the problem.

When it made up it must be of the mind dingdong crazy what that medical science or science itself can't stop it either then you put the person in a institution then he released because their nothing wrong with them. So how do that makes sense to you in anyway. Then you hear all these stories of family having it, It must be fake :whistle:

so let make up something for to ignore the value in it. This poor lady deserves better then that. Don't forget everybody experiences different types of paranormal events so don't go based on one person event because he/she had it different don't post with a ignorant mind. Guys check up on your science because you have nothing to compare to on this scale because no one knows because of people like you and their never gonna be hard evidence either because we don't have technology for it yet. Get a science major in the paranormal and over 100 different events based paranormal or experienced it yourself then say it not real instead of ignoring the facts. Alternate dimensions are and their even a formula for it to prove it really even more science you need to look into now go suck your :passifier: . Let this lady get help to get rid it.

Yet I wonder why they would bark and growl at nothingness?

They are not barking at " nothingness ". Maybe nothingness to me and you.

They can be barking at coyotes in the distance, dogs in the distance, sirens in the distance, etc.etc.

They can be barking to a smell of something.

They can be barking because that is how they communicate.

http://blog.puppyand...-human-hearing/

http://blog.puppyand...ared-to-humans/

Please read both.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Scanchez3,

I know someone who took your story to heart in many ways. He knows your pain and wanted to help at all the risks because he brave. I hope you got the help he wanted to give you. He told me to tell you have a nice marry Christmas and that he will meet you again one day then tell him your happy story about your life because he wants to hear it.

Wow, massive wall of text. Congrats to those that read it, you must have more free time than I do or just really love cats.

Edited by Razer

Well for everone who responded a small girl named Amanda Victoria Brown, you can look up here case missing person from tampa in 98 was trying to get my attention. I spoke with a paranormal team and they advised me ask this girl to bring my cat back and that she had most likely brought him outside to play. and hour later the cat I had been search for appeared crying on my back porch after being outside for 2 night with no claws. When I opened the door to retrieve him it scared the cat and he went back into the words, I asked the child to bring the cat back and I watched a sprit or ball of energy carry my cat to the back porch. today the same paranormal team came to my house and we spent hours talking to Amanda to try and solve the mystery of where the body lies. thank you everyone for your comments, I was wrong there is nothing evil in my house. thank you lord. and god bless Amanda and her family!

So..this "Sanchez" person has a ghost like story..sorta...and then by some strange coincidence, Alster99 says that a "friend"has taken an interest and all will be well and your welcome merry christmas..Uh huh.So a few hours after saying your magical friend will make a Christmas miracle happen,then it does.Wow.Really obvious. Nothing like the smell of fresh B.S...

Well for everone who responded a small girl named Amanda Victoria Brown, you can look up here case missing person from tampa in 98 was trying to get my attention. I spoke with a paranormal team and they advised me ask this girl to bring my cat back and that she had most likely brought him outside to play. and hour later the cat I had been search for appeared crying on my back porch after being outside for 2 night with no claws. When I opened the door to retrieve him it scared the cat and he went back into the words, I asked the child to bring the cat back and I watched a sprit or ball of energy carry my cat to the back porch. today the same paranormal team came to my house and we spent hours talking to Amanda to try and solve the mystery of where the body lies. thank you everyone for your comments, I was wrong there is nothing evil in my house. thank you lord. and god bless Amanda and her family!

uhm, sure, .....ok

• Like 1

Not nice to make up stories about missing pets. Things have gone missing from our home and it's annoying and downright inconvenient! But we have two dogs we love more than life itself. Don't want to hear that something like this could even be possible. BTW, it's "medium", not "median". Hm.

Edited by aldev28