Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Depression? Insomnia? Insanity?

shadowghost

Basically to put it simple I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time for quiet some time now. I am not only anti social but I am not socially accepted where I live. People avoid me and I have minimal human interaction. Now all this is not the issue. The issues is I have become technically depressed. Now this is not major but as of late I have had terrible insomnia and what seems to cause it is anger. I find myself laying their and start thinking before I know it I am terrible angry about things that have happened or continue to happen around me. It works me up to the point where my heart is beating heavily in the dead of night. My question is dose anyone have any idea of a solution or a reason this may be occurring?

• Like 1

Basically to put it simple I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time for quiet some time now. I am not only anti social but I am not socially accepted where I live. People avoid me and I have minimal human interaction. Now all this is not the issue. The issues is I have become technically depressed. Now this is not major but as of late I have had terrible insomnia and what seems to cause it is anger. I find myself laying their and start thinking before I know it I am terrible angry about things that have happened or continue to happen around me. It works me up to the point where my heart is beating heavily in the dead of night. My question is dose anyone have any idea of a solution or a reason this may be occurring?

Iv had insomnia since I turned 16 I'm 26 now, the reasons insomnia can occur are stress, environment, pain, substance use or mood disorders. Everybody's different in what there triggers are, you said you get mad anger could be counted as a mood disorder.

Things that may help going to a sleep doctor

• Like 1

I have encountered great amounts of anger and less sleep when studying kabbala. you might want to take a look at these. anger is just not part of your natural being but a transitionary state. you might not right away understand the articles but looking for a remedy is a good enough intention.

http://www.kabbalaonline.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380330/jewish/Anger-Remedy-No-1.htm

http://www.kabbalaonline.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380677/jewish/Anger-Remedy-No-2.htm

Sleep is a very beautiful state. When half of the world is awake the other part is asleep. it is such a great thing to be part of this global harmony through sleeping. Are you trying to deny even that for yourself?

what occurs to me is that you can collect sleeping in art pictures from internet and look them for a while and see how sleeping would make you feel through these pieces of art as they are presented.

You should consult a physician as soon as you can because the reasons for your problems will not be solved by incense stick theorys or similar because such theorys are inapplicable to solve yr problems or its causes.

• Like 1

Yes. You are working yourself into an anxiety attack of sorts. None if this is healthy. You need to see a therapist pronto. A professional will help you work through this and get you on a plan to help you feel normal again that is their job. Don't have to much of an ego about it. Sometimes we just need help to push through these kinds of obstacles in our lives. I will also recommend a good meditation practice. For sleep issues there are a number of good teas you can drink before bed, and for depression nothing beats dayly strenuous exercise along with a handful of cashoes or pumpkin seeds each day, but still contact a therapist.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

Imagine an animal feeling angry. What does the anger bring with it that is actually natural to an animal? Does it bring memories, ideas, ideologies? The scariest thing about the mind is that when you have your own mind, this is a gift of invention. By nature Life exists to make sure the mind is public property. It is the reason you do Everything! You do it to insure you are never alone.

Add a factor of pretended anger. How do we fit a pretense of anger, which is about the only kind people ever encounter except "in their own mind" (since they do not pretend to themselves, but to everyone else), into the weave of experience? Clearly it only fits into the experience of people's pretences. There is no real cause and effect, but just people sticking to a script.

So to begin with anger must be confronted, like any emotion, as having one function: to be itself, to have no associations. This is too simple, but it has to arrive first. Anger by itself is like Clouds without rain to a thirsty World, but experience is not the way to make it give something.

Emotion is the animal mind. If we let it be, not inventing associations for it or being gulled into exploring misleading memories, it is not one's own emotion, but emotion one has become responsible for. We can invent "getting away with something", for example, but in the animal mind the losses we cause do not haunt only the one we robbed.

Edited by behavioralist

My word it seems we were born to suffer even when we have no reason to suffer.

LOL that's how I feel

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX

I used to stay up remembering past loves... or getting angry or sad about broken hearts

or just something that upset me.

Then I just stopped caring.. I am now a chilled out person.

Also me stopping going to church. to listen to some preacher say he will send me to hell

or being fun helped a lot!

in others words I stopped giving a damm about stupid things.

And now I just care about the important things...

don't even let anything make you lose sleep.. it's never worth it

Hello shadowghost.

Some of the questions I'm asking are more for you to ponder rather than answer here on the forum. Some issues are too private to 'share' in public.

What do you mean by anti social? Do you mean that you don't have things in common with a lot of people or that you don't enjoy lots of people (crowded spaces)?

Why do people avoid you? Some issues are easier understood than others, for instance, if you have a different belief system or none in a religious household or community that might be a reason that people avoid you.

You cite one of the reasons for not be able to sleep is that when you try you begin to think about issues and it makes you angry yet you say that the lack of human interaction isn't the problem. The frequency of human interaction may not be a problem but the quality of human interaction does sound like it is part of the problem.

What are the issues you keep replaying before you go to sleep?

Are the issues ones that you can change?

Will talking with the people help the situation or does the situation need reporting to the proper authorities (parents, teachers, police)?

If you are being overwhelmed by situations outside of yourself (examples-abuse,bullying, stalking, gossip) those issues need to be acknowledged and taken care of. For instance if it's abuse, it needs reported. If it's minor gossip (I saw X with X and they're supposed to be seeing X) it needs ignored with the understanding that people will believe what they want about anyone and it's out of the control of the individual who is being talked about. However, if the gossip becomes too much and is interfering with your life to the point that it's creating problems like being passed over for a job, or you are stigmatized by your community (aids rumors, drug rumors) then you may need to involve someone else and find out the source. That kind of gossip is defamation of character.and is liable either criminally or civilly.

Talking with your parents or someone you can trust about these issues will help you understand what you need to do next.

Loss of sleep can be a serious issue and could indicate physical or physiological issues and you may need to talk with someone to help you sort it out.

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon
  • Like 1

Hello shadowghost.

Some of the questions I'm asking are more for you to ponder rather than answer here on the forum. Some issues are too private to 'share' in public.

What do you mean by anti social? Do you mean that you don't have things in common with a lot of people or that you don't enjoy lots of people (crowded spaces)?

Why do people avoid you? Some issues are easier understood than others, for instance, if you have a different belief system or none in a religious household or community that might be a reason that people avoid you.

You cite one of the reasons for not be able to sleep is that when you try you begin to think about issues and it makes you angry yet you say that the lack of human interaction isn't the problem. The frequency of human interaction may not be a problem but the quality of human interaction does sound like it is part of the problem.

What are the issues you keep replaying before you go to sleep?

Are the issues ones that you can change?

Will talking with the people help the situation or does the situation need reporting to the proper authorities (parents, teachers, police)?

If you are being overwhelmed by situations outside of yourself (examples-abuse,bullying, stalking, gossip) those issues need to be acknowledged and taken care of. For instance if it's abuse, it needs reported. If it's minor gossip (I saw X with X and they're supposed to be seeing X) it needs ignored with the understanding that people will believe what they want about anyone and it's out of the control of the individual who is being talked about. However, if the gossip becomes too much and is interfering with your life to the point that it's creating problems like being passed over for a job, or you are stigmatized by your community (aids rumors, drug rumors) then you may need to involve someone else and find out the source. That kind of gossip is defamation of character.and is liable either criminally or civilly.

Talking with your parents or someone you can trust about these issues will help you understand what you need to do next.

Loss of sleep can be a serious issue and could indicate physical or physiological issues and you may need to talk with someone to help you sort it out.

Mabon.

You got that right, I once had so little sleep that I was hallucinating constantly and also having audio hallucinations, if thats the word for it. Like I would hear sounds but they would be just in my head.

• Like 1

Certain pain medicines I take for sciatica do that to me; it's interesting. Whenever my sciatica won't let me sleep and I resort to them, I lie back and see what sort of tricks the spirits will try to play to convince me they are real.

The only thing left to say 'Please go see a doctor" I know you are tired of hearing that ......

however , It will make a difference.

• Like 1

Check this book please. CLICK HERE

Reading this book did help me find peace inside and whats most important reading helped me to start looking at the world with different eyes. Everything is inside our brain and what makes our life is our toughts about what we were doing, more then actual things that we have done. I have read long ago - our life is only 10% exeprience and 90% our thinking about those experiences and that is not way to go.

Also, i love this book too and again, reading book about sleep helped me organize my life better while sleep only about 4h-5h a day.

sleep.jpg

I know abowe helped me so i like to share and who knows, maybe u find this books interesting.

I have suffered with Panic Attacks and depression for about 30 years and I have taken all kinds of Psychiatric drugs. I found help in a group of people in my community who got together weekly and talked about the way they felt. My doctors were only concerned in giving me drugs. I no longer believe in them. I was addicted to Xanax for 16 years which I was only supposed to take at the max for 6 months, not one doctor cared about why I was taking it so long. Until I changed plans and a doctor told me to stop it right away. It took me forever to get off of them. Now I look only at the good in my life. I also take a natural substance for help to sleep and thankfully I sleep fine now. Its called "Tranquilene" I found it on the internet. I wanted to stop these panic attacks for good and went to a neurofeedback doctor. It did not help at all and cost an arm and a leg. I did learn not to look at the news because there is mainly bad things in it. I know there is good out there but bad news seem to get all the attention. Stay away from the news if you can. I drink alot of water. Take a probiotic and exercise. Write down 9 good things that happened that I thank God for every night before bed all different daily. Do not forget to do EFT you can find it on youtube. It has helped me alot. Good luck to you and keep on going a head in life. Hope I helped you some. Don't think negative thoughts at the moment you think them go back and change that thought to good thoughts! Blessing to you and take care. OH DON'T FORGET TO TAKE FISH OIL FOR EMOTIONS!

Edited by Justice please
  • Like 1

All sorts of books peddling all sorts of nostrums, some of value others questionable.

The best sleep advice is to go to bed and get up at the same time every day, weekends and holidays included, have a dark and quiet and cool place to sleep, don't have a TV or reading lamp in the bedroom, and if you don't get to sleep just tell yourself you are getting rest anyway and that helps and stop worrying.

If you have any sort of chronic pain or cough, deal with it.

i'm not good at sleep, but there's some advice that i've been given that's been a bit helpful, maybe it will work for you as well

one thing, in addition to what frank just said (all of which is good advice) is to make your sleeping area as comfortable as it's possible to make. keeping things clean, clutter free, and warm and welcoming in feeling can help. if you're comfortable in a place, sleeping there is easier.

if you really find yourself unable to sleep, with your mind racing, it's ok to stop trying to sleep. get up, find something distracting but calming to do. whatever you can find. something to bring you back down and bring the racing thoughts under control. agonizing over being unable to sleep doesn't help one bit; i know, i've spent a lot of time doing just that. there's nothing wrong with getting up, drawing or reading or doing a bit of light exercise or housework, etc.

a simple thing is to avoid eating before you sleep. this might not be a problem for you, i don't know. but having too much food before trying to sleep can make it difficult.

good luck. dealing with depression and anxiety is a tough fight.

I have had issue with insomnia since I was sixteen....I'm... Uhmm......significantly older than that now....(60).

I would suggest getting some exercise right before bed time and if you have access to a hot tub or Jacuzzi then make us of it. A nice shower will work just as well. Then when lay down on your pillow grasp on to some thing relaxing in your mind and munday

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must say thanks for all the advise. As of right now I do not have access to a doctor, Live in the middle of nowhere latterly. I think a lot of you might be right about me working myself into a sort of panic attack. I have never looked at it in that way but it is very possible. Far as the question asking me to explain how I am anti social: Due to my past many people in my small town population of 1,000 people look down or despise me. For this reason people purposely avoid me. To put it into retrospect I was forced to become an outcaste because of corrupt politics and the actions of my relatives before my time. I normally handle the separation from society ok but obviously from the insomnia times have changed. I will take your advise given and hopefully find a solution.

I must say thanks for all the advise. As of right now I do not have access to a doctor, Live in the middle of nowhere latterly. I think a lot of you might be right about me working myself into a sort of panic attack. I have never looked at it in that way but it is very possible. Far as the question asking me to explain how I am anti social: Due to my past many people in my small town population of 1,000 people look down or despise me. For this reason people purposely avoid me. To put it into retrospect I was forced to become an outcaste because of corrupt politics and the actions of my relatives before my time. I normally handle the separation from society ok but obviously from the insomnia times have changed. I will take your advise given and hopefully find a solution.

Solitude can be an opportunity for tremendous growth. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but there is a wider world out there. Stay focused on your own mental and emotional health and everything else will fall into place eventually. Defiantly look to a meditation practice, I think it will do you a world of good. If your small community is of the fundamenalist religious variety, I suggest you keep a meditation practice a secret. Take care, and there are plenty of people here on um that can offer you group like support. PM me any time.

Edited by White Crane Feather

I've had anger issue in the past and what helped me was meditation. Every night I sit in bed with my eyes close while focusing my mind on my breathing. Combined with progressive relaxation I've learned to let go of my stress and tension.

I've suffered from insomnia and depression for a few years and what helped through it was finding my passion which is playing music. And what I did was I took out all the distractions that I possibly could and put all my energy into my goals and not waste time pondering on things I will never control. You can't sit at home hoping things while get better because they won't like that. There is no quick fix you have to fight to get better. A change of scenery could be beneficiary in your case if thats possible for you. Good luck.

• Like 2

Listen to Brahms symphonies at a moderate volume in a quiet room, sitting back in a comfortable chair with your eyes closed and allow the music to carry you with the wind over the hills and seas.

Listen to Brahms symphonies at a moderate volume in a quiet room, sitting back in a comfortable chair with your eyes closed and allow the music to carry you with the wind over the hills and seas.

Are you telling me to do that?

• Like 1