Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Having trouble explaining what happened here.

Crafter4Life

Okay, so here's a little background about the house this experience happened in. (It was one of many unsettling ones.) This house is an old farmhouse out in the country and it's somewhat secluded. It was built sometime in the 1800's and was added on to in the 1970's. It is also in between 2 cemeteries, which are each over a hundred, maybe two hundred years old. In the fall of 2010 we started renovating it and it was still being worked on in the summer of the following year. I was staying there with my dad one night in the summer of 2011, and it was around 3:00 AM. I couldn't sleep because the house creeps me out big time. I was lying on the couch trying to relax when I heard a pop followed by a flash coming from the garage. I was kind of spooked. Then there were 3 more noises (LOUD bangs this time) followed by flashes so bright they lit up the living room (and they were visible through the heavy drapes on the window in there)! I got scared. It wasn't lightning and thunder because it wasn't storming that night, and it wasn't electricity related because the electricity to the garage was shut off due to the light fixtures being replaced. The next day I looked on the side of the garage and there were no burn marks or any indication that the explosion happened. So my question is, could it have been paranormal? I'm a big believer in the paranormal too, by the way. Thanks. :)

Bangs and flashes = hunters.

Sounds like heat lightning. Happens sometimes.

But since you "believe" in the paranormal I guess my mundane suggestions will mean nothing.

• Like 2

Sounds like old timey photography going on?

Why is the house between two cemetaries? Was it a funeral home, or are these cemetaries small family plots?

• Like 1

Aye .. that caught my attention too ... being in the middle of cemeteries is not good ... paranormal or no ... psychologically speakin' either ...

~

• Like 1

It didn't happen to be Chinese new year did it?

• Like 1

Yep, 2 cemetries on either side of a secluded farmhouse and they are 100 years old, maybe 2, how many people lived near there and how big is the nearest town, which generally have their cemetaries located in the town, not in a secluded area.

Also as the heavy drapes were drawn, how coud you possibly tell the flashes came from the garage? A flash of light from outside could have come from anywhere, plus you were lying on the couch resting so I can not see how you could tell which direction the first one came from.

Something does not sound quite right here, am I detecting another one of those fishing for views on a story?

Did you not go out and investigate? If I'd heard and saw that coming out of my garage I'd have grabbed the nearest baseball bat and gone out there and looked!

Yep, 2 cemetries on either side of a secluded farmhouse and they are 100 years old, maybe 2, how many people lived near there and how big is the nearest town, which generally have their cemetaries located in the town, not in a secluded area.

Also as the heavy drapes were drawn, how coud you possibly tell the flashes came from the garage? A flash of light from outside could have come from anywhere, plus you were lying on the couch resting so I can not see how you could tell which direction the first one came from.

Something does not sound quite right here, am I detecting another one of those fishing for views on a story?

Exactly what i was thinking.The only thing that is missing is is the smell of sulpher.Oh wait i do smell something...

Aye .. that caught my attention too ... being in the middle of cemeteries is not good ... paranormal or no ... psychologically speakin' either ...

~

Why? I can think of no more quieter neighbors.

• Like 2

And of course it was 3:00 a.m.

Why? I can think of no more quieter neighbors.

I used to believe that ... but the noises and sounds at cemeteries at night ... well ... you;d have to be there to believe it ... though I think that might only apply to tropical jungle countries such as where I am ...

~

• Like 1

I used to believe that ... but the noises and sounds at cemeteries at night ... well ... you;d have to be there to believe it ... though I think that might only apply to tropical jungle countries such as where I am ...

~

Ahhh, the frogs and the cicadas....happy memories.

• Like 1

Ahhh, the frogs and the cicadas....happy memories.

THose are on the good days ... the wind ... but again I think its unique to Chinese burial mounds ... the sounds are operatic :lol:

On hot days ... in the night the burial mounds makes a ruckus ... creaking and crackling, especially the new ones ... something to do with the heat dissipating in the cool night air ...

I won a lot of bets spending sleep overs at cemeteries ... I did :yes:

Had to place one biscuit on each and every grave till my pack of biscuits ran out ... then caretaker got tired of us and banned us on sight :D

~

• Like 1

Creeped out by the house and tired......

The " scared " seeds have been planted. Anything " abnormal " will seem " paranormal " to you.

• Like 2

Creeped out by the house and tired......

The " scared " seeds have been planted. Anything " abnormal " will seem " paranormal " to you.

Hiya Saks ... happy holidays ... and yeah ... paranormal supernatural seeds have a way of doing that ~

~

Hiya Saks ... happy holidays ... and yeah ... paranormal supernatural seeds have a way of doing that ~

~

Happy Holidays to you also!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds like heat lightning. Happens sometimes.

But since you "believe" in the paranormal I guess my mundane suggestions will mean nothing.

Well it may have been. They didn't move though-it was just like a super bright camera flash and then a boom like a bomb going off.

Sorry it took a couple months to reply-I forgot my password and had to reset it.

Sounds like old timey photography going on?

Why is the house between two cemetaries? Was it a funeral home, or are these cemetaries small family plots?

It's not a funeral home-the cemeteries are near churches. Both churches are about 2-3 miles down the road from the house. There are families buried in them too and both churches have been there since the 1840s. It could have been residual old time photography-back before the garage was added there was just an open space.

I could tell it was from the garage area because to the right is the porch and in the living room has a big window facing it. If you stand in the living room you see the yard and the side of the garage where the floodlights are. The nearest town is about 10-15 minutes away so it's rural. The nearest store is a small family owned store and it's a good 10 minutes away. I was lying on the couch facing the window. The kitchen was behind me. And the nearest neighbors are about 3-4 miles down the road. The town that's nearby is fairly small.

Did you not go out and investigate? If I'd heard and saw that coming out of my garage I'd have grabbed the nearest baseball bat and gone out there and looked!

It was 3:30 in the morning and I was out in the country. I didn't want to wind up killed. Plus I was scared.

The connection is a male that is connected to the home.. not the ccemetery. From around the 40s. Middle age man. No harm is meant. Noises are mostly in one room... not a bedroom.. kinda like an office. Where he spent most of his time cause he worked hard and wasnt a "family man". He took care of them but bond wasnt there as a father and husband. When he passed he didnt criss cause he didnt want to leave them. As the grew and passed themselves he was stuck. It was a hoyse that family lived in for many years. It would be interesting if u could do research as to families that lived for many years. Sorry for any typos... im on my phone

• Like 1