Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] Embedding Vimeo Videos

_Only

Is this possible in any way?

Just pasting the link in the post box gives a link, instead of an auto-embed video like YouTube videos here (as expected)

Pasting the "Share" HTML code from the video's Vimeo page in the post box just pastes the written code. (as expected)

Pasting the "Share" HTML code in the "Special BBCode" option under both 'HTML Code' and 'Code' will show the video fine in the post creation stage and post preview stage, but when the post actually goes live, there is either just a narrow box with the code written in it, or a blank narrow box.

Is it possible to get a Vimeo video to embed in this forum setup?

Example of what will show as a video embed in my post preview, but turns out like this:

Edited by _Only

I believe that Vimeo videos are owned by three of the big four music companies. They are very, very, anti-piracy!

You can watch them on YouTube, but you can't download them like other videos.

Because of this, I think all you can do is provide a link to YouTube.

It should be possible to embed a Vimeo video, can you post the link so I can see the URL structure ?

I believe that Vimeo videos are owned by three of the big four music companies. They are very, very, anti-piracy!

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Vevo ? Vimeo is a video sharing website.

Just like that!!

[media=]

[/media]

Thats how its done :tu:

On the right of any vimeo vid, mouse over and a menu appears, one choice is SHARE, then just copy the link and post as you would with YT vid. Simples

ETA: The above vids source looks like this

http//vimeo.cod/71964690

I removed some formatting to ensure it shows up as a text link, and change the above url to dot.cod just to be sure

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

It should be possible to embed a Vimeo video, can you post the link so I can see the URL structure ?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Vevo ? Vimeo is a video sharing website.

My mistake. Yes, Vevo videos are what I was thinking of. I should have taken a minute or so to look it up to be sure.

[media=]http://vimeo.com/82486245[/media]

Well, I never even tried the easy share link because I thought it was the same link as the video page URL which didn't work to paste in threads, so I opted to mess with the finicky HTML code below it, which I thought would have a chance. Thanks.

Edited by _Only

I am glad that you got the answer you needed.

I am setting this to solved.