Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Endanagered Elf habitat delays road work

redhen

If this causes transportation or financial problems in Iceland, they will have no one but them elves to blame...

"Angistaróp"........(Icelandic for 'groan'!)

• Like 5

From the article; "A survey conducted by the University of Iceland in 2007 found that 62 percent of the 1,000 respondents thought it was at least possible that elves exist."

Now I'm a Tolkien fan as much as the next guy but c'mon, trolls, elves and dwarves? Seriously? Icelanders should pay more attention to their banking institutions. Still, Elf chicks are hot!

• Like 2

Also from the article...

"Some feel that the elf thing is a bit annoying," said Magnason, adding that personally he was not sure they existed. However, he added, "I got married in a church with a god just as invisible as the elves, so what might seem irrational is actually quite common" with Icelanders.

'nuff said.

• Like 3

Does that come under 'Elf and Safety' Laws? Or the National Elf Service?

"He who would pun, would pick a pocket" or so 'tis said :)
  • Like 3

"He who would pun, would pick a pocket" or so 'tis said :)

....or a peck of pickled peppers?

• Like 4

Ok shall we sort this out....Elves in Iceland, Trolls in Norway, Dwarves in their Halls of Stone, Yeti in Tibet, Leprechauns in Ireland, Fairies in England, and finally Bigfoot in America, now....can anyone disprove this.

• Like 2

From the article; "A survey conducted by the University of Iceland in 2007 found that 62 percent of the 1,000 respondents thought it was at least possible that elves exist."

Now I'm a Tolkien fan as much as the next guy but c'mon, trolls, elves and dwarves? Seriously? Icelanders should pay more attention to their banking institutions. Still, Elf chicks are hot!

elf_girl_demotivational_by_cwpetesch-d69an0w.jpg

• Like 3

"Wow, lookit the ears on that!"

• Like 3

Ok shall we sort this out....Elves in Iceland, Trolls in Norway, Dwarves in their Halls of Stone, Yeti in Tibet, Leprechauns in Ireland, Fairies in England, and finally Bigfoot in America, now....can anyone disprove this.

And Drop Bears in Australia :whistle:

• Like 2

seriously what next elves behind banking scandal in iceland! though that would explain a few things! still less mythical that the christmas story!

Keep Out

or Elf!

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

Also from the article...

'nuff said.

I found that to be a very diplomatic response indeed.

• Like 1

Iceland is one of the happiest countries in the OECD with a negligible homicide rate. They have done well for them elves.

Yep... the Icelandic cops have only ever killed one miscreant and that was clearly elf-defence.

• Like 4

seriously what next elves behind banking scandal in iceland! though that would explain a few things! still less mythical that the christmas story!

Would they be related to the Gnomes of Zurich?

• Like 3

is this some kind of christmas jokes

I don't believe so, the Icelandic belief in mischievous elves appears to be serious. But it could be a case of elf-deception, I suppose.

• Like 4