Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Obamacare Pod Found in Walmart

Arkitecht

...I guess with lot's of cool whip it could be good.

None should dare profane such a delicacy with the "cool whip."

Im so very glad that you all can now see from beginning to end,what i was saying was being totally ignored.AND IF ANYONE SHOULD BE GETTING AN APOLOGY IT SHOULD BE ME.Thank you for the headache.Wow..Einstein was so right.

Be careful. You don't even realize that you are viewing this forum on an obama pod.

It's true. You can sign up for the affordable care act on your computer.

Therefore, by the logic of the video and your own logic, your computer is an "Obama Pod."

Let's review some facts:

1- "biometrics" merely means measuring your body.

2- These machines do not do a "retinal" scan. At least not in the sense that the "reporter" implies.

3- The point of the video is NOT to say that these machines are inaccurate. If that's what you claim your point in posting the video is, you are being disingenuous because you've been backed into a corner and can't back up your real assertion.

4- These pods are not put out by, nor run by, nor a result of, the government and the affordable health care act.

So, if you would, can you please answer just one question for us "sheeple" so that we understand you better.

Are you trying to warn us that these kiosks are a kind of sinister government tool?

This "report" is disingenuous in that it attempts to give the false impression that these machines are somehow a product or agent of the affordable health care act.

have you watched the video???

this machine is there to sign people up, did you miss that?

Edit: Screw it. It's X-mas eve. No point in being on the opposing side of a topic. I am respectfully dropping out.

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 1

So Walmart turned some of their blood pressure testing machines into machines that also vendor insurance products. I'm still not getting what the problem is.

So Walmart turned some of their blood pressure testing machines into machines that also vendor insurance products. I'm still not getting what the problem is.

the problem might be that these machines are very inacurate,but when you sign up, incorrect info will be entered into your file. as we saw the guy was not near being overweight, but his file would have info entered by the machine. incorrect info that will affect your price, and medical history. you will spend years or more to change that, suffering the consequences while doing it.

• Like 1

simple: Infowars.

• Like 3

So Walmart turned some of their blood pressure testing machines into machines that also vendor insurance products.

so that make them obamacre agents, doesn't it.

the problem might be that these machines are very inacurate,but when you sign up, incorrect info will be entered into your file. as we saw the guy was not near being overweight, but his file would have info entered by the machine. incorrect info that will affect your price, and medical history. you will spend years or more to change that, suffering the consequences while doing it.

I was thinking about this for a bit, and find it unlikely that walmart would let itself be open to liability because of a machine that is universally recognized to be crappy. It even has a disclaimer if I remember right. (I play with the machines, where ever I find them)

So I am thinking that it probably does not submit the information for just that reason. But who knows, buying insurance from a blood pressure testing machine in the back of a walmart is kind of like buying a egg-salad sandwich from a gas station vending machine.

• Like 1

they are like any wending machines, if you have candy soda machines in your store, you are not liable\responcible for them. ever had a dollar lost in the machine, than told store manager, it ate a dollar, only to hear, "we are not responcible, it is not ours, call a number on the machine and deal with them"

so walmart is not liable for anything this machne does one bit. vendors pay walmart to have their machines at the store. all those soda\candy\toy machines and also kiddie rides you see in wallmart are not theirs

Edited by aztek

Do the tests you take there affect the insurance you sign up for? I am browsing the solo health site and read articles about it (out of personal interest; gadgets interest me.), but so far I didn't find anything that hints towards that.

Aztek.

Government Agent.

Only one who gets it.

Amazing.Where were you last night?

Could have used your help then!

there are no tests.

You know what I mean. The BMI "test", for example. Are they directly connected to signing up with an insurance, or are they just some sort of unrelated service these stations offer?

Edit: Apparently it's not possible to sign up for Obamacare or any other insurance through this station, it only advertises them. The so called "health screenings" are a completely unrelated service for users.

Edited by FLOMBIE

the problem might be that these machines are very inacurate,but when you sign up, incorrect info will be entered into your file.

You are making several unwarranted assumptions:

First, that the biometric data collected by the machine goes into "your file."

I just left the medical field, after working for a major hospital, I can assure you that most electronic medical record keeping systems calculate BMI, but also that doctors only use it as a rough guide and are well aware of how it works. The federal government has also mandated that in order for hospitals to recoup some of their investment into electronic medical records, they MUST take a patient's height, weight, and vitals during each visit. These machines don't even have access to a patient's medical records, much less have the ability to add data to them.

I also don't think you understand what the Affordable Health Care Act is. It is NOT healthcare run by the government. If a healthcare plan meets some basic requirements, then you can use that health care to satisfy the requirement. You don't have to be inducted into a certain government health plan.

It's possible that you knew that, but your comments lead me to consider that you might not be aware of these things.

so that make them obamacre agents, doesn't it.

Your computer must be an "obamacre agent" too then, whatever that means, because you can enroll in a health care plan on your computer too.

So, you've made another assertion: That the data taken by these solohealth machines gets put into a patient's file. Can you show anything to support this?

• Like 3

You are making several unwarranted assumptions:

Your computer must be an "obamacre agent" too then, whatever that means, because you can enroll in a health care plan on your computer too.

So, you've made another assertion: That the data taken by these solohealth machines gets put into a patient's file. Can you show anything to support this?

lol, buddy you are the one making assumtions here as well, opposite assumptions. you don't have any solid data on what this machine actually does, none.

now the dumb question, That the data taken by these solohealth machines gets put into a patient's file?? lmao. if data taken by the machine does not go on your file neither does anything the machine collects.name, age..... get it?? i serously doubt it,.

i never claimed anywhere obamacre is gmnt insurance, so you better start reading what is written, not what it is in your head.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

So its a blood pressure testing machine that has an advertisement for Obamacare insurance on it? It doesn't even sell it?

I wonder if walmart is open today. I might drive over and check it out, because I am totally not getting what the problem is.

Maybe buy some eggnog while I am at it.

You know what I mean. The BMI "test", for example. Are they directly connected to signing up with an insurance, or are they just some sort of unrelated service these stations offer?

good question ,but it showed one example of screwing info by this machine, who knows what else it does??? it might do actual harm, or it may confuse people even more.

Edited by aztek

So its a blood pressure testing machine that has an advertisement for Obamacare insurance on it? It doesn't even sell it?

I wonder if walmart is open today. I might drive over and check it out, because I am totally not getting what the problem is.

Maybe buy some eggnog while I am at it.

Seems like it doesn't. This comes from the manufacturers page:

The SoloHealth Station® kiosk provides:

Weight and body mass index

Blood pressure test

Vision screening

Health risk assessment

Digital signage opportunities for retailers and advertisers

2013 production will show a pivoting seat to be ADA compliant to allow wheelchair accessibility

Edit: Copy/Paste problem.

Edited by FLOMBIE

link says, Conducting multiple health screenings using the same foot print unlocks more value drivers by being both more efficient as well as more enticing to the consumer.

well we already saw it getting simplest things wrong, how usefull is this machine after all?

good question ,but it showed one example of screwing info by this machine, who knows what else it does??? it might do actual harm, or it may confuse people even more.

I wouldn't call this "screwing", I'd rather call the method flawed, as it only relates a person's weight to fat, and not muscle mass as well.