Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

From President to Dictator

Arkitecht

While i agree with most of what is being said,(90%)i do believe more people should start thinking about what is coming.

- post removed -

I"m saying you post misleading and deceptive videos that perpetuate falsehoods.

Have you apologized for the misleading video about the "obama pods" you posted?

I"m saying you post misleading and deceptive videos that perpetuate falsehoods.

Have you apologized for the misleading video about the "obama pods" you posted?

There is a thread for that: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259785

This is a different thread. Let's talk about it.

And while I disagree with some of what he believes, I wouldn't be so bold as to require an apology. He didn't create these idea; he just mostly believes them. There is no need to apoliogize to you or anyone else here for that.

Don't stress about the above opinions Arkitecht. These three are amongst the most hated and disagreed with posters on this site. Thats right. Don't kid yourself. Your just like cyberken, but "libs' rather than 'cons'.

Oh no, no, no...see in order for him or her to get to the level of *whathisname, one has to start quoting a mod and post reply with nearly the same propaganda dribble to the mod (or mods) on here. Especially when the mod replies back and is trying to have a honest and fair discussion with you about whatever subject you brought up and you keeping repeating yourself over and over again like some god awful radio commercial. .

So when this accomplished, then, THEN, one gets to compare him/herself to the level of *whathisname. :D

*I dare not speak his name for fear of the Bettlejuice effect. :passifier:

• Like 1

If anything is posted negatively about Hitler...I mean Obama...it gets really poor reviews from the Geek Squad...I mean The Extreme Left, so far extreme that they come back around, join the extreme right, and then race right on to the left again in an Extreme Left Position...

The only way you can please 'some' people...is if you pick up the 'non-garbage' Dem Playbook and start singing the praises of the left and everything they have done to attempt to save humanity from itself and to bring about a utopia...

In short...say either Praise Obama's Holy Name or Obama can kiss my holy ass. But just know who will be appreciative of which.

Not to sure i have seen that many people trying to "save humanity."Not lately anyway.And if you do say anything, i don't care what it is,you are bound to p*** off some people.So you can't win.I guess that might be why some people would rather see it all crash and burn.I really do not believe that trying to salvage what's left is even a viable option at this point.It's everyman for himself.Or,it's a dog eat dog world.(and im wearing bacon pants!)

Term limits is the way to go, and the shorter the term the better.

Yeah,that might work with another type of person.But im sure he will use his power to change that.Executive orders and such.In times of disaster and all.

what i think it funny is, back when bush was president, some of my friends were absolutely convinced that bush would find some way to stay in power after his second term. that he would fake an emergency, or change the constitution, or just straight up seize control violently. whatever it was, they knew that he would never relinquish power.

and then he did.

funny.

• Like 3

what i think it funny is, back when bush was president, some of my friends were absolutely convinced that bush would find some way to stay in power after his second term. that he would fake an emergency, or change the constitution, or just straight up seize control violently. whatever it was, they knew that he would never relinquish power.

and then he did.

funny.

Yea I remember that too.

garbage posting is against forum rules.

Then why is there so much??

;)

Surely there'd be about two threads in Conspiracies & Secret Societies or American Politics if that was adhered to.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 1

This thread is a good illustration of why no one takes party politics seriously any more, isn't it.

and then he did.

funny.

... and Bush was going to open up the FEMA Camps and declare martial law ...

... Perhaps in a way it's a kind of compliment to Adolf- sorry, I mean Mr. O :unsure2: - that people think that he is enough of an evil genius to do what Mr. B couldn't.

• Like 1

This thread is a good illustration of why no one takes party politics seriously any more, isn't it.

... and Bush was going to open up the FEMA Camps and declare martial law ...

... Perhaps in a way it's a kind of compliment to Adolf- sorry, I mean Mr. O :unsure2: - that people think that he is enough of an evil genius to do what Mr. B couldn't.

It's one of the pitfalls of a Presidential political system, Colonel. Especially a Presidential system which invests as much power into one figure as the US system does.

To the average (or, perhaps, the under-average) American, their President is more-than-simply-human and is expected to be able to enact policy that keeps everybody happy all the time. If he or she is unable to do that, they become the figurehead of some evil government conspiracy. Throw in the poisonous partisan nature of the US political scene; that Americans (and America) apparently can't function without "heroes"; and the indoctrination of personal wants and needs (under the guise of liberty) being set above the needs of society; and you have a situation when the American Presidency is a poisoned chalice. No person can "succeed" as President.

I think most countries could use an elected king (perhaps two to serve as checks on each other) who has no power except to step in when a President or Congress goes too far and order new elections.

That would be like the president in Germany. No need for a king and stupid legal succession.

Edited by FLOMBIE

That would be like the president in Germany. No need for a king and stupid legal succession.

Yes it's a lot like the President and several countries, but I think King and Queen carries more oomph. I said nothing about succession except they would be elected, although probably for rather long terms.

That's just your feeling. Kings and Queens stand for suppression in Germany, that is why the nobility had been taken out of power, while still keeping their regional titles and land in Germany, unlike France, for example, where the nobility has been abolished. I do not want them to regain any glimpse of power, as I prefer to elect the person, and don't want to be stuck with some fool for life.

• Like 1

Is there any heriditarary monarch anywhere in the Developed world who has any power at all? The likelihood of the king or queen of the Netherlands or Sweden or Denmark or Belgium or yes, David Icke fans, even the Queen of England exercising Despotic and Tyrannical power is next to zero, not only because few of them, having, I strongly suspect, more sense than the average politician, would ever want to get involved in hands-on government, but because the constitutions prevent them from doing so. Really, things have moved on since the days of Kaiser Bill.

(... and removing the monarchy from power in Germany didn't exactly lead to a bright glorious tomorrow, did it ... :innocent: )

• Like 2

Yea the bit of a tirade against monarch and aristocracies seemed a few centuries out of date. I think having "royal" things going on is great for tourism if nothing else.

It's never out of date, they are gone for a reason. I am also still holding tirades against the nazis.

But it also costs a lot of money. Besides, Germany is still full of castles and pomp, and full of tourists. I doubt a king or queen would bring that much of a benifit.

Look at Thailand, it's an example of what problems a king might create.

Edited by FLOMBIE

(... and removing the monarchy from power in Germany didn't exactly lead to a bright glorious tomorrow, did it ... :innocent: )

At first it did, yes. Unfortunately the law of the Weimar Republic was to easy to abuse. We all had to learn democracy.

Edited by FLOMBIE