Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeking help is What braught me here

Curious_one

I've always been religious. Raised Roman Catholic. Over my life I've learnt about a lot of other religions too. They all bring great points to the table. I've always been good and prayed. I seen angel once as a child I believe. I'm not going to lie and say it was as vivid and for sure as day but I think I saw one. But then when I was praying once god told me I was a target. Why????

now and then I would have the same 2 nightmares. One of me running from a man in a field and when i ran into the bush I would see statues of a bear, an elephant and a wolf. Sometimes the wolf was a lion and they would whisper stuff I couldn't understand. Another dream was of a skinny man in my closet. In my dream I would walk up to him and he would have snakes around his feet and he would hiss at me. The bad thing about those dreams is when I would wake up, he would be there right at my bed. And he had his hideous face by me and I never forgot the image is as clear as day even 10 years later. Once at night I looked across the hall an I seem something...maybe that same skinny man..in my sisters room. It was so dark but he was darker than dark itself. I layed their not saying a word. Then I heard my sister scream! This confirms 2 people seen it. I ran into her room with my mom I saw him in the corner and my sister was pointing into the corner as well. Later on my sister started telling me she would see these things a lot. She claimed to have terrible night mares. We all prayed. I would cast away and pray and cast away and pray and dare I forget to..,

Then I moved in with a roomate who was sensitive to this stuff. This is where it got worse. It all started one day when she started screaming I asked her what was wrong. She said it was crawling on the floor! I asked her what was crawling on the floor she said it was a skinny black man with a write face and a big nose. I ran and grabbed a camera with a flash and shut off the lights and took as many pictures as I could. Sure enough..there he was sitting on the couch just as she described. I got 2 pictures with him in it. She hung roseries on the doors. One day when I got home one was ripped to pieces..beads all over the floor. Then my roomate started to change. She got angry, selfish, she would hardly come home and when she was home, she was very mean and would fight with me a lot. As our relationship started falling apart, the activity got worse. And worse and worse. Until she moved out. I deleted all pictures of that night where it started and let it go.

A new roomate moved in. But I would still feel hot and cold. One day I got so cold all through my body I ran to the bathroom and my lips were blue! I called my boyfriend thinking I was dying I felt so cold. He came inside with his dog an his dog stopped behind the doorway and was whining. She refused to come in!! My boyfriend took me out of the house. I stayed with him that night. And he said I woke up in the middle of the night pointing at something in the corner asking him what it is. He said when he looked he did indeed see something but I have no recollection of that.

My roomate and I moved to another house with another roomate. At our previous house, there was an old sherif star toy that had been stuck on our door one day. Now wen we moved, the first thing I noticed in the new house was thy sherif star sitting on the counter...I didn't take it. I asked my roomate who said she had noticed it at the other house too but had not moved it. I noticed a lot of numbers on the back of it.

I went to her that night my head is by my window and curtains. In the middle of the night I heard a huge bang and my curtains flew open. I layed their stunned and cried. I didn't know what to do. My boyfriend is concerned. And so am I.

When I went home home to my parents one night I went to the basement where I always play my guitar. My mom (or so I thought) came downstairs I could here "her". The door to the room I was playing in is extremely hard to open. Someone pushed hard on the door making a huge bang and just opened it a crack. I could see "my mom" peaking in. I got mad at her and told her to get out. I thought it was wierd that she said nothing. I got angry again and she finally walked away. I walked upstairs to say I was sorry and she wasnt there. I called her cell and she had left to get groceries 2 hours ago. No one was home...it hit me...who had come in to that room. Who was looking at me...

The most recent thing that happened was the scariest..It was finals and I was studying and I had fallen asleep on the couch. Eventually I got up and walked around to stretch my legs. Only to see myself on the couch...sleeping..I seem something standing behind me. I say where I was sleeping as quick as I could and I could still see that thing. I woke up hyperventilating and I could hardly briethe. I could still see that shadow through my peripheral vision and I wanted to run but I had no control over my body. My breathing stopped. I couldn't move my fingers toes or anything couldn't call for help couldn't move no control what so ever and I couldn't even breathe. I thought I was going to die. Slowly I could breathe and move my toes: then I could move my fingers, and my arms and my legs and as I regained my control the shadow started disappearing little by little. This happened only a week ago. Now I'm left here never wanting to sleep again. Staying up every night googling for some answers to what had happened. Nothing has happened since. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 1

The most recent thing that happened was the scariest..It was finals and I was studying and I had fallen asleep on the couch. Eventually I got up and walked around to stretch my legs. Only to see myself on the couch...sleeping..I seem something standing behind me. I say where I was sleeping as quick as I could and I could still see that thing. I woke up hyperventilating and I could hardly briethe. I could still see that shadow through my peripheral vision and I wanted to run but I had no control over my body. My breathing stopped. I couldn't move my fingers toes or anything couldn't call for help couldn't move no control what so ever and I couldn't even breathe. I thought I was going to die. Slowly I could breathe and move my toes: then I could move my fingers, and my arms and my legs and as I regained my control the shadow started disappearing little by little. This happened only a week ago. Now I'm left here never wanting to sleep again. Staying up every night googling for some answers to what had happened. Nothing has happened since. Hopefully it stays that way.

People spend a lot of time on this site trying to figure out how to do the things you do by accident.

I admit I've wanted to a bit myself. To see this shadow thing by me, or to step out of my body. I have also woken up slightly to find a blueish/whiteish arm lifting up from my physical resting arm, hand bent back in an awkward position. But I've never been in a position to turn and see my body laying in another part of the room from me. And I'm not sure that I've met that shadow type thing before in my bed. I might have once. I do remember waking in a very dazed state one night years ago, and thinking someone was at the foot of my bed watching me, but I was so in-between sleep and wake that I didn't register anything about how it looked or cared what it was doing.

But my rambling aside, other people experience the same things you do, and not all are scared by it, yet I imagine it is extremely easy to be terrified of something like that. But I guess the fear aspect begins and ends under your own control. Maybe if this happens more, you should recognize and control your fear. Yeah, real easy, huh? Heh.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

Just like I've told many people online, and in person "Keep your emotions in check." I know it's easy to say, but fear, and anger only works against you (it may even be the cause?)

There are rational down to Earth reasons, then there is the fantastic with the first being most likely in most cases.

Remember that the brain is powerfull which produces thoughts, and that "you are a target" could be just your inner thoughts manifesting.As for the other things if they are other worldly then your negative emotions may act like a magnet to you.

As long shadows, and hissy fit dudes are not an actual burgler then laugh them off.Next time you feel like you cannot move, just go back to sleep, or concentrate on moving just one finger.

If you feel confident in your faith then use that, and do not concern yourself with icons.

I hope I made sense.

• Like 3

I completely agree with the whole fear thing. But me being a target is true. A lot of people are tho I'm no different. I've been told that when I've prayed, by my mom, my grandfather and he told me because he knew something but would never tell me it p***ed me off. I guess he died for a day in Germany when the influenza swept through in world war 2 and he seen pergatory. aparently a lot of people wete in trouble for being greedy. i wouldnt doubt it though...look at how wealthy some ppl are while others are starving...anyway. He has the certificates and everything. And let's say my brain is playing tricks on me. But then what about my sister? And the pictures I got of that thing. I know I deleted them but I know their real because my roomate and i saw them with our eyes and if you believe me where would that put me? And theirs physical things that I can see and touch involved like the star, curtains, rosaries, etc.

Yep, this portion here sounds to me like a case of sleep Paralysis and OBE..

It would be wise to take some of the good advice posted above and concentrate on understanding and controlling your emotions, particularly anger and fear, as these make the difference between a good vs' a bad trip into the spirit realms. Also, it would be wise to look into what manifests these types of negative energies and/or thought forms.. Many main stream religious belief systems are actually the cause of these types of negative events, and not the cure.. Catholicism is just as bad at creating these kinds of nasties as much as any other belief system that Catholics call evil.. ultimately, this negative thing is yours to confront, command and control.

• Like 1

A couple nights ago I dreamed I was swinging myself into a boat and swung myself out of bed. Have a bruise on my forehead and a scraped knee. I could have used a little more sleep paralysis then.

• Like 2

The whole idea of god is protection. I actually find that I am a very calm and collected person with a job that requires me to be. When I get close to god I feel so happy and safe. Nothing like this happens. My busy life takes me away from this. I know you want me to open up my mind to what you are saying. But I have done that in the past and doubted my religion but life has only braught me back to it. My busy life takes me away from this sometimes and I feel bad and have failed temporarily. I'm fighting to get closer to god but am encountering problems along the way. The bible is a historical document and it does say right in there that yes people who follow God are targeted and tested. But that's the whole point of life. In my beliefs

• Like 1

I completely agree with the whole fear thing. But me being a target is true. A lot of people are tho I'm no different. I've been told that when I've prayed, by my mom, my grandfather and he told me because he knew something but would never tell me it p***ed me off. I guess he died for a day in Germany when the influenza swept through in world war 2 and he seen pergatory. aparently a lot of people wete in trouble for being greedy. i wouldnt doubt it though...look at how wealthy some ppl are while others are starving...anyway. He has the certificates and everything. And let's say my brain is playing tricks on me. But then what about my sister? And the pictures I got of that thing. I know I deleted them but I know their real because my roomate and i saw them with our eyes and if you believe me where would that put me? And theirs physical things that I can see and touch involved like the star, curtains, rosaries, etc.

I slept in a room with a ghost in it.He made crashing sounds.I ignored it, and went back to sleep.Crashing sounds don't hurt me, nor does scratching, banging, or clanging.Spooks have their own issues, and no need to make it yours....Know what I am saying?

There are chemicals in your brain that when triggered will make you see all sorts of stuff...Ever see or read "Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas"?

• Like 1

The whole idea of god is protection. I actually find that I am a very calm and collected person with a job that requires me to be. When I get close to god I feel so happy and safe. Nothing like this happens. My busy life takes me away from this. I know you want me to open up my mind to what you are saying. But I have done that in the past and doubted my religion but life has only braught me back to it. My busy life takes me away from this sometimes and I feel bad and have failed temporarily. I'm fighting to get closer to god but am encountering problems along the way. The bible is a historical document and it does say right in there that yes people who follow God are targeted and tested. But that's the whole point of life. In my beliefs

You are told it's a historical document, but since you believe what you are told....Believe this; You have the power built in yourself to overcome the bad, and that is a gift left unopened.

• Like 2

A couple nights ago I dreamed I was swinging myself into a boat and swung myself out of bed. Have a bruise on my forehead and a scraped knee. I could have used a little more sleep paralysis then.

As far as the little I've read, that's what scientists say is the point of sleep paralysis. I don't know if that's the case or not, but there it is.

If so, I guess mistakes happen in between states. I've woken up slightly during sleep once to find my eyes darting all around out of my control. I later looked up what it looks like during REM sleep, and am almost sure that's what was happening. I had come to for a few seconds during REM sleep and my body wasn't fully out of it before I 'fell back in'. I'd never heard of this happening before.

• Like 1

I realize that I have the power to overcome the bad. But I am human. I think it is insidious that we are attacked when we are weak. I just want to know why these things happen. Just ideas since no one will ever truly know

I would also like to add. If I believed everything I was told I wouldn't be following the religion I follow because it is put down every where I go and it discusts me. I follow it and BELIEVE that the bible is a historical document because it is what fulfills me. It's all about believing at faith. And sure the bibles not perfect but Hey it was written by people, not God. People can believe what they want I'm not going to push anything ever. As long as they don't feel empty, then they should be on the right track.

• Like 1

You are told it's a historical document, but since you believe what you are told....Believe this; You have the power built in yourself to overcome the bad, and that is a gift left unopened.

And this is the post I disagree with strongly. It is worded poorly

I've suffered from sleep paralysis throughout these past two years and I was convinced I was being haunted by a ghost so I wasn't too scared... as odd as THAT sounds. Then when I finally saw it on top of me holding me down I was terrified because it looked like a demon with teeths sharp as knives. Literally, sharp as knives and growling and foaming. It looked horrifying. The only real thing that has aided me, wether people want to debate it (even though this isn't the section to debate if these things are real or not) being a trick of the mind or a spiritual battle - asking Jesus Christ to protect and watch over me is the only thing that's helped. It has been about two months since I've been attacked ( I believe they're that) and I've been praying morning and night since so I think that's helped. Even if it's the simple Our Father prayer or personal conversation with God, I believe it helps.

Sorry that you're going through that, I recommend praying to Jesus. I've had experiences where something dark( almost like a cloud) dragged me from my body (sleep paralysis again?) and as soon as I called out to Jesus they let me go. And it's weird because sometimes I even feel their anger when they let me go. It's as if there's a great power in calling out or thinking his name alone. I know this sounds incredibly out there especially if you're not a believer of God, but my experiences have led me to conclude this.

Edited by Ever After
  • Like 1

An evil-looking spirit on top of you holding you down during your sleep. That would get me off to a shrink in a hurry, but, then, again, I already know what he or she would say, so why bother.

Yes I find praying does help! But Praying specifically to Jesus might be a good thing to try. Thanks! I know I should be closer to God than I am....from now on ill do better at that

• Like 1

And this is the post I disagree with strongly. It is worded poorly

No it just scares you, and that is why you are a target, and your own inner voice warned you about it.

You have what you need inside yourself, but you have it all turned inside out.If you want to leave a gift unopened?Then that's on you.

People can be their own enemies out of fear, ego, and lack of knowledge

No it just scares you, and that is why you are a target, and your own inner voice warned you about it.

You have what you need inside yourself, but you have it all turned inside out.If you want to leave a gift unopened?Then that's on you.

People can be their own enemies out of fear, ego, and lack of knowledge

And sometimes well meaning advice can do more harm than good.
  • Like 1

I would also like to add. If I believed everything I was told I wouldn't be following the religion I follow because it is put down every where I go and it discusts me. I follow it and BELIEVE that the bible is a historical document because it is what fulfills me. It's all about believing at faith. And sure the bibles not perfect but Hey it was written by people, not God. People can believe what they want I'm not going to push anything ever. As long as they don't feel empty, then they should be on the right track.

I love your answer and admire your intent.