Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I love my wife.

White Crane Feather

So my wife fell for a catholic spoof today circulating on Facebook. Please someone provide me a link if it is not.

I was so proud of her yet a little embarrassed also. Maybe the spoof did its job. She proclaimed to the world that she was glad the pope finally came around. Catholicism was now accepting of all waks of life. I could tell she was happy her religion was finally fitting her sensibilities. I hated to break it to her. But it's also one of the reasons why I love her. Figure that one out.

Edited by White Crane Feather

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• sutemi

• Resh

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be the sort of news your posting about WCF? I could be wrong I’m half a sleep as I am on a child care nightshift.

"This is the pope we've been waiting for for a long time," said Anna Maria Pistorio as she waited by the barriers erected in St Peter's with her arm around her son, Luca, who has Down's syndrome. Pistorio, a postal worker, and her husband had travelled down from Vimodrone near Milan to be with their other son for Christmas and had taken the opportunity to come and listen to the pope.

"The churches have been emptying out," said her husband, Palmiro Gattella. "But this pope has given vigour to the church, and hope to many. The church has come down from among the powerful to be with the people." http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/25/pope-christmas-message-better-world

Sarah Palin has revealed that she is skeptical of the 'liberal' agenda that is being promoted by the new Pope, saying that she feels it is being influenced by the mainstream media.

'I'm kinda trying to follow what his agenda is. You know he came out with a couple of things in the media but again I'm not one to trust the media's interpretation of somebody's message but having read through media outlets,' the former Governor of Alaska said.

'He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me. There again, unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media,' she said during an interview with CNN. From the Daily Mail . Also Last month, Francis blasted “trickle-down” economics as an “opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, [that] expresses a crude and naïve trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power.” He also criticized the “idolatry of money” and unbridled capitalism as “a new tyranny.” Conservative radio host Limbaugh slammed the comments as “pure Marxism” and other commentators on the right also vehemently disagreed with the pope’s message. One derided Francis as the “Catholic Church’s Obama”

He is being called a Marxist because he is trying to remind people of the original theme of the caring and loving master Jesus. Jesus did say things like,’ Again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than a ‘rich man’ to enter the kingdom of God’ Matthew 19:24 and

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.[c] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” He said to Him, “Which ones Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness, Honour your father and your mother and, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth, What do I still lack?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. Matthew 19:16-22

Seems Sarah Palin and others forgot what the Master Jesus really stood for. I find it surprising that anyone trying to follow any spiritual path would not see that caring for others is of great importance. Hope you and yours are having a great Christmas.

I grew up in a conservative catholic home. I broke away years back, but now that this pope has been re-mixing the church

I have noticed how well it has been received by the comunity. It fills me with good vibes to see the people I love embracing

this change. I like how you said this:

I could tell she was happy her religion was finally fitting her sensibilities.
I couldnt have said it better. Im glad for your wife too by the way.

Blessings to you and your loved one