Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk Impales Self on Fence!

Eldorado

A man who had been refused entry to a pub in Northampton because the landlord said he was too drunk, impaled his leg on a fence after he tried to climb into the garden of the premises.

Hilarious photo at Source: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/drunk-man-impales-himself-on-metal-fence-of-northampton-pub-1-5766640

I'm glad I did my most embarrassing stuff in the days before everyone and anyone had a camera. lol

• Like 4

From the article:

“He tried to climb over the fence. Although the back gate was open and he could have just walked through it.”

:w00t: :w00t:

Should feel a little sorry for him ... but I just don't

• Like 4

An incident of that type has the potential to ruin your whole night out......even in Northamptonshire!

• Like 1

I don't know about this case, but more than a few times I've had a "delayed sloppy drunk" reaction.

Usually in a bar having shots.

Alcohol(and most any type of drink) "hits" the system after 15-20 minutes. Just the way the digestive system is, I guess.

The problem is(with me anyway), is that I think I feel the "buzz" almost immediately(think coffee), whereas in truth this is not the case.

The first 1 to 15-minutes is purely a false psychological effect.

So, after having the first shot, 2-minutes later I have a second, then a third, etc...

After the 15-20+ minutes all those "shots" have now a compounded effect and I get "sloppy drunk", not knowing where my keys are, my car is, my house is, my front door is, and rationality is thrown-out the window because I'm seriously drunk.

Drinking, not only in "moderation" but with "delay between drinks" has proven for me to be wise way to party.

• Like 1

Anyone else picturing that scene from early Walking Dead where they rip the kid's leg off the fence spike?

Shudder.

• Like 1

I don't think we need those types of fences anymore. They are medieval and a pet hate of mine. I see them around everywhere and I think they are just dangerous and out dated. And I think to have one on a pub is silly and short sighted because people will get drunk and will do stupid things.

Basically what is worth protecting so much that you would wish that amount of pain on someone who falls trying to climb over. If you say you're trying to protect your kids, maybe one day they will be the ones climbing it. Drunks, thieves and kids generally try climb over fences. And would you really wish that amount of potential harm on any of them.

So I think if anyone should be embarrassed it should be the owners of a pub with spiked fences.

That's my Christmas message for the day.

• Like 1

sympathy. i did some very foolish things back in the day when i still drank. i've got scars running across three of my fingers from where i sliced them down to the bone. (i was trying to cook while drunk. never do that.) i still don't have feeling in the tips. and that ain't bad at all compared to some.

• Like 2