Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] $10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty

drpaxton

Surely you aren't suggesting a falsehood has occurred?

:unsure2:

Howdy, Ken.

My opinion is, anyone proclaiming to have shot at or killed and/or captured a BF is lying like a rug.

that would be considered a falsehood, no? :-)

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

CNN still had the video on Dyer available, last I checked.

That there is nothing more important for CNN to report than giving known con Dyer his 15 minutes, again?

I don't get it. Dyer type crapola used to be front page National Enquirer news, now it's CNN??? How far we've fallen.

They don't even attempt to elevate the story by countering his claims...at the very least it's lazy reporting.

Dyer: "Bigfoot is real"

Reporter: "Rick Dyer has been saying that for well over a year now"

Reporter: "Despite a history of bigfoot hoaxes, Dyer insists he's not fooling around this time."

Edited by QuiteContrary

Ooops, sorry, not **BACK ON TOPIC**. This is Bigfoot Bounty. They all run together after a while.

Smeja? Dyer? Same animal different show.

Yeah, I was hoping no one would notice I screwed up.

....damn females, always catch the details.

:blush:

Yeah, I was hoping no one would notice I screwed up.

....damn females, always catch the details.

:blush:

No matter. Biff threads end up slamming into each other eventually. Same characters, different stories or Same stories, different characters.

Edited by QuiteContrary

dean cain so that is where he has ended up! kind of depressing for him, actually come to think of it i have seen more of bigfoot that of dean cain in the last decade or so

That is because Dean Cain is an openly conservative actor, which is about as rare as Bigfoot and in Hollywood that gets you blacklisted.

Edited by Socio

Nope most were hand picked for political correctness, which is why a heterosexual couple was the first to be eliminated, they need the rednecks for the entertainment value/ratings and of course could not let any of the other group go first as that would be racist, feminist, anti-gay etc...

If this show fails it will be due to this over the top PC BS.

Well I stand corrected some what considering the team that got removed in the second episode, thus it is not quite as PC 101 as I was thinking it was going to be.

They are getting rid of the "boring" teams. You know, the more intelligent ones.

Imo, this show is even more boring than Finding Bigfoot. And that's tough to do.

That's what those shows do, they get rid of the ones that don't make the ratings go up. C'mon, we all grew up with TV, you know how the darn thing works.

Are you kidding me Rafter?

The entertainment value of these shows will be awesome. Rednecks and "footers" trying to won 10 million?

You know damn well you and I are going to watch it, laugh butts off then post about it.

i think it's laughable that someone is supposedly offering ten million dollars for this. it may as well be fifty million or a hundred milliion because no one is going to claim it anyway.

i think it's laughable that someone is supposedly offering ten million dollars for this. it may as well be fifty million or a hundred milliion because no one is going to claim it anyway.

I think it is sad that these people ( at least one a KNOWN fraud ) are making money off of these shows, because people watch it. Basically supporting this behavior.

No viewers = get a real job

• Like 1

I think it is sad that these people ( at least one a KNOWN fraud ) are making money off of these shows, because people watch it. Basically supporting this behavior.

No viewers = get a real job

i believe that these types of shows encourage people to be brainless and gullible. then they get on these forums and try to argue their beliefs. when that doesn't work out they get all p***y because those of us with a brain don't buy their nonsense.

it's a sad sad state of affairs lol

• Like 1

True, but you have to just sit back and watch sometimes. Besides, anyone who was actually serious about hunting for such a creature would probably be doing it on the QT in order to reduce the distractions. Let's say I decide to go deer hunting, am I more likely to succeed with a camera crew, sound man and all the extraneous "stuff" you need to have along to make a TV show, or am I going to be better off just hunting alone? And for the record I wish those guys on "Finding Bigfoot" would stop taking so much video looking up their noses with those face cams.......unless a Bigfoot is ripping Moneymaker's head off you're not going to see a Bigfoot.

True, but you have to just sit back and watch sometimes. Besides, anyone who was actually serious about hunting for such a creature would probably be doing it on the QT in order to reduce the distractions. Let's say I decide to go deer hunting, am I more likely to succeed with a camera crew, sound man and all the extraneous "stuff" you need to have along to make a TV show, or am I going to be better off just hunting alone? And for the record I wish those guys on "Finding Bigfoot" would stop taking so much video looking up their noses with those face cams.......unless a Bigfoot is ripping Moneymaker's head off you're not going to see a Bigfoot.

actually i can think of numerous things i would much rather do than rot my brain watching any sort of crap like this.

as for finding bigfoot. well no one is going to. i guarantee it. if there is such a creature it has managed to elude detection up to this point and there is no reason to believe it will be different in future.

it's a pursuit for idiots and rednecks

actually i can think of numerous things i would much rather do than rot my brain watching any sort of crap like this.

as for finding bigfoot. well no one is going to. i guarantee it. if there is such a creature it has managed to elude detection up to this point and there is no reason to believe it will be different in future.

it's a pursuit for idiots and rednecks

True, but it's the mentality that I can't get away from. Not only are they not really looking for Bigfoot, they seem to steer clear whenever anything that might be interesting comes their way. I'm reminded of the episode of "Monsterquest" that had all these experts up in Canada and apparently a Bigfoot started throwing rocks at the cabin and they all cowarded inside and cried like little girls. Not exactly the mindset you need to prove the existence of such a creature.

I've decided I'm not going to watch any of these shows until I find out (for certain) that someone has a BF body on ice (confirmed by real scientists)...then I'll watch.

• Like 1

Well, you're gonna miss all the fun.

:innocent:

I enjoy the topic. And it is what it is.

But any show that treats bigfoot as real I expect to be full of it. I know this going in.

But to kid myself that I can exercise my brain by watching TV, is only possible if I work a puzzle with my daughter or some such at the same time. lol

Edited by QuiteContrary

Latest episode, one team was scolded by the judges for not chasing down a possible bigfoot they'd witnessed in the woods that day.

Gotta love the optimism (and common sense) of Dean and Dr. Todd. Apparently, they don't realize no one pursues a bigfoot during a sighting.

EVEN FOR 10 MILLION DOLLARS! :no:

It's like a law or something.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Latest episode, one team was scolded by the judges for not chasing down a possible bigfoot they'd witnessed in the woods that day.

Gotta love the optimism (and common sense) of Dean and Dr. Todd. Apparently, they don't realize no one pursues a bigfoot during a sighting.

EVEN FOR 10 MILLION DOLLARS! :no:

It's like a law or something.

They don't know me vewy well.......do day? Not only would I have chased the shaggy bugger down I would have shot and killed it then defended the body from any who attempted to take it from me. Shot them and added their bodies to the collection for study. Now if I do discover that Bigfoots are not physical but spiritual, then I'm the one who disappears.

....I ain't fraid a'no Bigfoot!

Edited by keninsc

Dean Cain is so stroppy with his constant, "I don't think people understand the stakes here" etc. etc. I imagine he's being paid per use of the phrase "$10M dollars". I was quite disappointed to see Dax and Rictor go yesterday, they were both so inept, it made good viewing.

I also love that massive steel cage in the background of the group talk scenes, it's placing is so optimistic, as if that's where Bigfoot will be going if he's snagged.

As much as I have a dislking of their constant pitting of other teams against each other, Stacey and Dave(?) are the only two that seem to have any common sense in the wilds.

Bigfoot speaks only a few words in English. Two of those are "Oh" and the "F-word". Eye witnesses have reported hearing the F-word from a bigfoot.

Why? Well, it makes perfect sense. What do you think humans exclaim when they see a bigfoot? Exactly. A Justin Smeja bigfoot factoid.

So, we can now add cussing to bigfoot's vast repertoire.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I think Big Foot/feet, needs a manager and placed under protective custody...otherwise he's dead meat...lol

I'm getting curious now as to how this series will actually end.

I assume no one will find evidence of Bigfoot nor collect the $10M bounty, so what will actually happen in the last episode between the two final teams?

Will they receive a "prize" of sorts to carry on their own search for bigfoot or will it just end with some extended Dean Cain speech about how the mystery of Bigfoot continues and our search will continue next year?