Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Islamic point of view on so called Ghosts

muslimexorcism

I will be posting islamic lectures, links on the topic of Jinn, Jinn possession, magic etc. .. And no we do not want to kill every non- muslim, i know there are some muslims who do but you have that in every belief system so don't start unless you're a troll....

I will also be posting some experiences a muslim exorcist had with his "patients" who were possessed by a Jinn in shaa Allaah (if Allaah wills).

Lecture on The world of Jinn by a muslim student of knowledge and exorcist himself:

The world of Jinn - Muhammad Tim Humble

Website on exorcism, also watch the video on the website called sorcerers plot about the sorcerers in Saudi Arabia and the kind of things they do to get the jinn to work with them etc.:

http://www.islam-universe.com/Exorcism.html

Now comes the real scary stuff, diaries of an exorcist. Make sure to watch in the dark, the first 4 episodes he talkes about his experiences and after that he talkes about symptoms, remedies etc. (Sorry for when he uses islamic terminology etc. wich you can't understand but this was mostly meant for a muslim audience):

Case studies of people affectes by Jinn and Black Magic - first 4 Episodes -

Diaries of an Exorcist (Episode 1)

Diaries of an Exorcist (Episode 2)

Diaries of an Exorcist (Episode 3)

Diaries of an Exorcist (Episode 4)

In episode 10 he also talks about some experiences he had. I haven't watched that one yet. I gave you guys the first four if you want to watch the rest it's up to you, all the episodes can be found on youtube on this channel i think www.youtube.com/ruqyasharia

Yes the YT account has sharia in it, but don't be scared there is no cutting of hands and heads....

Also want to say that the existence of the Jinn probably explains (almost) all the supernatural things happening like people missing wich are kidnapped by aliens? No by jinn. How the pyramids were built, supernatural strength etc.. We also have some islamic texts wich talks about a man being kidnapped by non-muslim jinn and later being freed by a muslim jinn. Also read the Qur'an, it also talks about the jinn sometimes and that mankind and jinn were only created to worship Allaah (or God as you say) alone, pray to him alone etc., about the king and prophet solomon (sulaymaan) having jinn work for him, about the jinn group who became muslim etc.

We even have islamic scholars like ibn taymiyya who talked about jinn and their powers like morphing into human shape, jinn asking a muslim scholar not to pray 5 times a day like muslims do and they will give him everything and more strange things like jinns getting in love with humans or ruining their lives as can be seen in the above videos.

People can sit in front of a camera, tell us stories and stuff, it's all cool, but everyone has their views on this kind of thing.

Anyway, looking through the videos, it doesn't seem that different from christian exorcisms I've seen,

it's kind of short-sighted to say islam (or these exorcists) got it bang on and explains everything (pyramids?), and that djinn is the reason for abuctions? and every other supernatural/unexplainable phenomenon happening in the world. For me, it's basically how religious fanatics say.... ALIENS? no, they don't exist!! it's demons! (So they can take it out of the paranormal realm and stick into the religious/spiritual/god realm to strengthen their own beliefs or to say they're right)

Edited by Space_Jockey
  • Like 1

this seems to not be based on pure data on the muslim religion but peoples point of view

If you watch the first video, he clearly says that he's differentiating between what is found in islamic sources and his own experience. What he quotes from islamic sources is based on pure data and what he adds from himself is from experience as an exorcist.

People can sit in front of a camera, tell us stories and stuff, it's all cool, but everyone has their views on this kind of thing.

Anyway, looking through the videos, it doesn't seem that different from christian exorcisms I've seen,

it's kind of short-sighted to say islam (or these exorcists) got it bang on and explains everything (pyramids?), and that djinn is the reason for abuctions? and every other supernatural/unexplainable phenomenon happening in the world. For me, it's basically how religious fanatics say.... ALIENS? no, they don't exist!! it's demons! (So they can take it out of the paranormal realm and stick into the religious/spiritual/god realm to strengthen their own beliefs or to say they're right)

You can have your view, i didn't say you can't have another view about it. People will always disagree on life.

I didn't say that and place the videos to strengthen my belief. I have my own reasons why i believe something to be true. If i believe in God and i believe someone claiming to be a prophet then everything what he says is unquestionable for me. So if we were to discuss the truthfullness of this all we would be talking about does God exist(to atheists), true monotheism(to christians, jews and idol worshipers etc) , what makes you believe this man is a prophet etc. And this is not the topic to do that and it has been done numerous times, so what i would advise everyone is to investigate it for themselves and look up the reasons people believe and the argument they have and the answers they have against accusations if you're convinced believe if not then don't.

I can't be talking to you about the existence of jinn if you for example only believe in the material world. So discussing belief has to go step by step.

I'm curious then how do you explain him and those who are possessed with the experiences they have? Just liars? Mental illnesses? Then how do you explain them feeling pain, getting cured by reading the Qur'an on them? How come Qur'an has affect on people who claim to be possesed. I'm not saying this to prove my religion (as i said i have my own reasons for believing) but it's something to think about.

Many Non-believers like atheists also claim to have an answer for everything wich is supernatural so we're not very different in that way.

And also people who didn't watch everything then don't judge a book by it's cover as they say. And don't judge the videos on what i say, if you don't believe then just watch as entertainment if you're interested.

Ibn Taymiyya's essay on the Jinn

https://archive.org/details/IbnTaymiyahsEssayOnTheJinn.pdf

Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips has rendered Ibn Taymiyah's treatise, ..., from volume 19 of Majmoo' al-Fataawa (A Collection of Religious Rulings) into very readable English. This abridged and annotated translation is significant in that it is perhaps the first book available in English exclusively on the topic of spirit-possession and exorcism in Islam. Shaykh Ibn Taymiyahâs treatise provides a very clear, concise, and authentic view of this intriguing subject based on the Qurâan, the Sunnah, the interpretation and experience of the Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and the early scholars of Islam. The translator has also added an appendix consisting of an article written on the subject of spirit-possession and exorcism by one of the leading contemporary scholars of Saudi Arabia confirming Ibn Taymiyah's views as both relevant and orthodox.

What magic of Allah (pbuh) do I use for Scorpion, and Snake bites?

• Like 1

If you watch the first video, he clearly says that he's differentiating between what is found in islamic sources and his own experience. What he quotes from islamic sources is based on pure data and what he adds from himself is from experience as an exorcist.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

The Silver Thong, davros of skaro,

Scepticism is perfectly allowable, rudeness is not, from the rules of this site:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

5d. Topic bashing: Do not enter a thread just to shout "fake!" or to state point blank that "x does not exist". Elaborate on your response.

The Silver Thong, davros of skaro,

Scepticism is perfectly allowable, rudeness is not, from the rules of this site:

The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had magic done on him.A Jew sneaked in, and stole Hairs from the prophet's (pbuh) comb.The Jew put the hair in a Hyena's Skull, performed the magic, and threw the skull in a Well.This made the prophet (pbuh) think he had relations wife his wife when he did not for many nights before he realised the magic has been done to him.It's true, because it's written.

What's rude about asking for good magic from the prophet (pbuh) that will protect me if I am ever in the desert?

- post removed -

The scary reality that we do agree upon is death. Some people die today, some yesterday and some died a long time ago. If you think about the amount of people and creatures that have died in various ways then you know that death is really near and something nobody can escape. I believe i have a purpose in Life and that is to worship the creator of the heavens and the earth alone, the one who gave me life and the one who deserves to be worshipped alone because of many reasons.

I hope your signature is not your purpose in life: "Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course."

And God already proved he exists, you just don't seem to realize it yet.

Something to read: http://jaafaridris.com/the-contemporary-physicists-and-gods-existence/

Double

Edited by muslimexorcism

It's true, because it's written.

For me it is true, because it is written in the Qur'an or authentic hadith but that's not the way any muslim who thinks logically would try to convince a non-muslim. I'm not going to discuss with an atheist and tell him the angel gabriel exists, because it says so in the Qur'an or hadith so don't try to make all believing people look stupid because of experiences you might have had with some people or any other reason.

If you look at most discussions muslims have with people of other faiths or with atheists then you will see that they prove their religion logically. I believe in God because of so and so reason. I believe in this prophet because of so and so reason. Either he's insane, a liar, a magician etc. Or he's a real prophet. We say he isn't insane or a liar or any other of the reasons people use to attack prophets, because of so and so reason and then we come to the conclusion that he's a prophet and follow him. If we muslims couldn't convince anyone logically then why would islam be the fastest growing religion in the world. Just watch the different muslim convert stories on YT, you don't see them becoming muslim because of a dream they had for example.

"If you look at most discussions muslims have with people of other faiths or with atheists then you will see that they prove their religion logically."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hijr 15:26-42

26. And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.

27. And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.

28. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.

29. "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him."

30. So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.

31. Except Iblîs (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators.

32. (Allâh) said: "O Iblîs (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?"

33. [iblîs (Satan)] said: "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud."

34. (Allâh) said: "Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajîm (an outcast or a cursed one)." [Tafsîr At-Tabarî]

35. "And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."

36. [iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected."

37. Allâh said: "Then, verily, you are of those reprieved,

38. "Till the Day of the time appointed."

39. [iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.

40. "Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them."

41. (Allâh) said: "This is the Way which will lead straight to Me."

42. "Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghâwîn (Mushrikûn and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.).

The Noble Qur'an - An-Naml 27:17-19

17. And there were gathered before Sulaimân (Solomon) his hosts of jinns and men, and birds, and they all were set in battle order (marching forwards).

18. Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaimân (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not."

19. So he [sulaimân (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech[] and said: "My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 6757, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, similar narration 6759 by 'Aisha, r.a.

Allah's Apostle said: There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the jinn (devil). They (the Companions) said: Allah's Apostle with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good.

Fiqh 4.124

Anas reported that the Prophet said, "The barrier between the eyes of the Jinn and the nakedness of the Children of Adam is [created] when a Muslim discards a garment and says, 'In the name of Allah besides Whom there is no other god'."

Hadith - Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, Dawud, al-Hakim and al-Baihaqi

Qatadah related from 'Abdullah ibn Sarjas who said, "The Messenger of Allah forbade urination into a hole." Said Qatadah, "What is disliked about urinating into a hole?" Said he, "It is the residence of the jinn."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:533, Narrated Jabi bin 'Abdullah

The Prophet said, "Cover your utensils and tie your water skins, and close your doors and keep your children close to you at night, as the Jinns spread out at such time and snatch things away. When you go to bed, put out your lights, for the mischief-doer (i.e. the rat) may drag away the wick of the candle and burn the dwellers of the house."

Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

Muhammad ibn AbuYahya said that his father told that he and his companion went to AbuSa'id al-Khudri to pay a sick visit to him. He said: Then we came out from him and met a companion of ours who wanted to go to him. We went ahead and sat in the mosque. He then came back and told us that he heard AbuSa'id al-Khudri say: The Apostle of Allah said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 54.33

...The snake stirred on the end of the spear and the youth fell dead. No one knew which of them died first, the snake or the youth. That was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah said, "There are jinn in Madina who have become muslim. When you see one of them, call out to it for three days. If it appears after that, then kill it, for it is a shaytan (Devils.)"

Hadith - Muwatta, 49.21

...Shaytan does not open a locked door or untie a tied knot, or uncover a vessel.

Hadith - Tirmidhi #350

Allah's Messenger said: Don't cleanse yourself with dung or with bones for that is the food of your brothers from amongst the Jinn.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

Monstertalk did a great episode on the Jinn mythos a couple of years ago.

Episode notes and podcast download at the link:

http://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/11/12/07/

The discussion is with author Robert Lebling following the publication of his then new book "Legends of the Fire Spirits: Jinn and Genies from Arabia to Zanzibar".

• Like 2

davros of skaro i don't get it? Are you preaching islam now or what? Do you think you found contradictions? Something wich the human mind cannot accept? everything you say against islam has already been said and has already been answered by muslims, read books and use google, so i don't see any point in us having discussions here about islam being true or not. We all know discussions mostly don't help people in finding truth, because you are trying to convince me and i you and if i beat you or you me we will try to seek an answer against each other to defeat each other, so there's mostly no point in discussions and debates as has been proven by experience.

Also that you may know. The only sources wich you mentioned that a muslim can take without looking at it's authentication are the quran, sahih bukhari and sahih muslim as for all the other sources then they need checking as has been done by islamic hadith scholars like al-Albaani the white europeon albanian great muslim scholar. So the other sources have weak and strong and fake narrations and somebody like you and me cannot distinghuish between them only by studying the knowledge of hadith or reading books of scholars like al-Albaani on this subject.

davros of skaro i don't get it? Are you preaching islam now or what? Do you think you found contradictions? Something wich the human mind cannot accept? everything you say against islam has already been said and has already been answered by muslims, read books and use google, so i don't see any point in us having discussions here about islam being true or not. We all know discussions mostly don't help people in finding truth, because you are trying to convince me and i you and if i beat you or you me we will try to seek an answer against each other to defeat each other, so there's mostly no point in discussions and debates as has been proven by experience.

Also that you may know. The only sources wich you mentioned that a muslim can take without looking at it's authentication are the quran, sahih bukhari and sahih muslim as for all the other sources then they need checking as has been done by islamic hadith scholars like al-Albaani the white europeon albanian great muslim scholar. So the other sources have weak and strong and fake narrations and somebody like you and me cannot distinghuish between them only by studying the knowledge of hadith or reading books of scholars like al-Albaani on this subject.

Did you ever convert a Jinn to Islam?