Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Islamic point of view on so called Ghosts

muslimexorcism

You should also know that we as muslims who follow the quran and sunnah truthfully do not discourage going to doctors etc. Some even say go to a doctor first and if he can't help you then come to us or come to us and we are going to recite quran on you nothing else, if you're not possesed nothing is going to happen and you can go to a doctor. The fact of the matter is that Quran has affect on people who are really possessed, I have experienced people screaming myself while they were being read upon.

That's good to know but how do you differentiate between possession and mental illness, and if one of it works?

The one who reads quran is much safer, he's not going to drug me and if i am really possessed his recitation will have affect, if not i will just accept i'm mentally ill and live a life druging myself with medicine to keep away the mental problems.

Very interesting point you bring up here, this is in line with exactly what I was saying earlier, people take the safer route, even if it doesn't work because they're afraid and ultimately it's better to take a chance with exorcism than to sit around doing nothing about it. How can you assure me that if you goto an exorcist first, the exorcist will let the victim go if he can't help him, how can you assure me that it won't be too late?

Real exorcism is only done by reading quran and calling on Allaah alone.

My views on exorcism and possession aside, I've heard christians say the exact same thing, and I've also heard christians claim that their method 'cured' (exorcised) the victim. I'm not debating if exorcism exists or not, but would you say that christian exorcism with a bible (or whatever) and calling out Jesus's name is ineffective? Don't mince words, if you feel that christian exorcisms are FAKE, just say it.

You don't see them, because you have no connection to them but people who do know them say they'r cured and the person himself and the exorcist. I know of some who still aren't cured and some who are.

Exactly, you never quite know.

I want to stress that I think anybody has there right to hold their beliefs and I don't want to bash them or be disrespectful in any way but this is only my opinion which I am entitled to hold and my strong objections to the farce that is possession/excorisims.

I hear ya, it's one of the things that I feel very strongly about alongside psychics, mediums and astrologers.

• Like 1

I've been doing some research on this book the Quaran just out of interest and it seems that the teachings of this book proclaim that the world is 'flat'...I'm very sorry but that has just hit the nail on the head! How can the teachings of this book be taken seriously if it is ignorant to a simple fundamental piece of information such as the world is in fact 'round'?

Do a search "Muhammad Earth Egg".You will find that Muslims use a verse that describes the Earth as an Ostrich Egg.

I have had Muslims use this on me to show the scientific miracle of the Quran.I point out it's no miracle because the ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round in around 300 BCE.You will find many, but not all scientific claims of the Quran to be vague wordings of ancient Greek science, and philosophies from many centuries before the Prophet (pbuh.)

Eratosthenes mapped the Earth with great accuracy.

PZ Myers argues embryology with Islamists.

[media=]

• Like 1

Proof of Jinn?

Saudi family takes Jini to court.

Live conversation with a Jinn.

If it were that easy and lets say it was real and that it did cure people, then the whole world despite race, religion, national identity etc would be using this practise by now!

The whole world does not have mentall illnessess or jinn possession, so they couldn't care less. Some don't want to try it out, some are trying alternative methods etc.. We as muslims believe the Quran can be used as healing because it is the word of Allaah, it would be strange for a muslim to go to a jew to read the old testament on him, so you have to understand that it's also weird for a non muslim to go to a muslim but the two happen in certain circumstances like some muslims who go to magicians for cure. So your argument for "if the Quran was a cure why doesn't everyone use it" does not stand strong.

Which brings me back to my original point, the victims are being cheated by an imposter who claims to cure/possess them through the readings of the Quran.

They are not being cheated as it has affect with those who are possessed and if you claim otherwise then i still see nothing wrong in someone reading quran to them if they believe it will help them.

You say some became cured some didn't.....People recover from illness all the time...maybe they just got better? Why did the Quran discriminate against those who were not cured?

Yes so you say it's coincidence that many people who go to an exorcist and get read upon all cure miraculously?

It depends on the one reciting and the one being recited upon and if magic is done by him etc. Why do some people survive operations and others don't? Why do some people get cured by a certain medicine and others don't?

I've been doing some research on this book the Quaran just out of interest and it seems that the teachings of this book proclaim that the world is 'flat'...I'm very sorry but that has just hit the nail on the head! How can the teachings of this book be taken seriously if it is ignorant to a simple fundamental piece of information such as the world is in fact 'round'?

This topic is not about the truthfulness of Quran or not but i have to say:

So you read the whole book and that's the only thing you found in it? Just googling islam bashing websites is not research, when you look at what the non muslims say about islam and quran you should also do your best to find the many answers of muslims on these things just to be just in your research and research does not take a day or two, it could take a year or two.

And it does not say the earth is flat, but by incomplete research you come to that conclusion.

Edited by muslimexorcism

The whole world does not have mentall illnessess or jinn possession, so they couldn't care less. Some don't want to try it out, some are trying alternative methods etc.. We as muslims believe the Quran can be used as healing because it is the word of Allaah, it would be strange for a muslim to go to a jew to read the old testament on him, so you have to understand that it's also weird for a non muslim to go to a muslim but the two happen in certain circumstances like some muslims who go to magicians for cure. So your argument for "if the Quran was a cure why doesn't everyone use it" does not stand strong.

They are not being cheated as it has affect with those who are possessed and if you claim otherwise then i still see nothing wrong in someone reading quran to them if they believe it will help them.

Yes so you say it's coincidence that many people who go to an exorcist and get read upon all cure miraculously?

It depends on the one reciting and the one being recited upon and if magic is done by him etc. Why do some people survive operations and others don't? Why do some people get cured by a certain medicine and others don't?

Things like medical science can tell us why someone did not survive the operation or why the drugs did not work and vice versa. I was merely highlighting that you were making a very foggy claim that these readings can cure and heal people without any evidence to support this claim other than some people get cured others don't. Some people claiming to feel a pain and sometimes screaming does not prove anything. Anyway the book claims that the world is 'flat' so I therefore refuse to continue the debate. Nice chatting with you anyway and good luck in the new year!

That's good to know but how do you differentiate between possession and mental illness, and if one of it works?

This topic has been dealt with in 1 of the diaries of the exorcist series so i refer you to that.

I know that some mental illnessess have a lot of the same symptoms as possession like schyzofrenia for example hearing voices etc. You can say he's mentally ill, i can say he's possessed either way reciting Quran isn't going to harm the patient.

Very interesting point you bring up here, this is in line with exactly what I was saying earlier, people take the safer route, even if it doesn't work because they're afraid and ultimately it's better to take a chance with exorcism than to sit around doing nothing about it. How can you assure me that if you goto an exorcist first, the exorcist will let the victim go if he can't help him, how can you assure me that it won't be too late?

As the guy in the video said if he sees there's no effect he tells him i can't help you so go. How do you know for sure that a doctor who's giving you wrong medicine (less-effective or harmfull) will let you go? You don't... But it's not like he's imprisoned you so you can stop whenever you want. And i don't think there's a "too late" on mentall illnessess, even doctors can't do much against mental illnessess only drug you or convince you that it's all fake.

My views on exorcism and possession aside, I've heard christians say the exact same thing, and I've also heard christians claim that their method 'cured' (exorcised) the victim. I'm not debating if exorcism exists or not, but would you say that christian exorcism with a bible (or whatever) and calling out Jesus's name is ineffective? Don't mince words, if you feel that christian exorcisms are FAKE, just say it.

Read what i said again, because as i said it's proof against you. But we do not agree with their methods and see the Quran as only being the true cure. Just like doctors disagree and the one tells you you should take this medicine and the other says no take this, this will cure you. For example there are Magicians who give people talismans, papers with devil-worship and names of jinn, quran written with menstruation blood of women or urine, Quran written backwords, mocking god, having connections with jinn and worshipping them etc. And then we have muslims who use only quran and call only on Allaah and we say this is the right way even if people could be cured by the other way wich is wrong in our eyes because it contains polytheism and that is the greatest sin in islamic religion.

Another example polytheists call on saints, muslims call only on Allaah. The polytheist claims he gets what he wants like cure, provision etc. when calling on the saint. We say even if you do get it, it's wrong to call on others then Allaah and have an explanation why these people get these things even when they perform these polytheistic acts or wrong way of exorcism.

Exactly, you never quite know.

You do know if you know the patient personally like the patients family members, friends etc..

Things like medical science can tell us why someone did not survive the operation or why the drugs did not work and vice versa. I was merely highlighting that you were making a very foggy claim that these readings can cure and heal people without any evidence to support this claim other than some people get cured others don't. Some people claiming to feel a pain and sometimes screaming does not prove anything. Anyway the book claims that the world is 'flat' so I therefore refuse to continue the debate. Nice chatting with you anyway and good luck in the new year!

I also gave you some reasons why some could be cured and others are not yet cured. I brought you many logical evidences like experience of patients and exorcists themselves and me seeing these people and talking with them, but you don't believe anyone who claims pain or cure by reading quran, probably because it goes against your beliefs so you can't accept it. If you had never seen a black man and i was one of the few who told you i saw a black man you wouldn't believe me either.

The discussion was not on the book and what it says about earth but either way do some proper research before writing off a religion wich exists more than 1400 years and is the fastest growing in the world and one of the three abrahamic religions etc.

Nice chatting with you too.

To everybody in general:

I cannot answer everybody as i don't have a lot of time and this website (full size and mobile) is really slow on my old ipod. And some people i like to ignore because they only seek to attack and some people deny the existence of the prophet jesus the messiah so i'm going to deny their existence also.

Edited by muslimexorcism
  • Like 1

Ruqyah session attended by a non-muslim (from a jewish faith) professor in psychiatry. See video for more information.

Ruqyah

Female Jinn in a Man does not want him to marry (prewedding jitters has nothing on this.)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B20SzrbgKMQ[/media]

Excorcism in Britain.

The thread title promised a Muslim interpretation of ghosts.

Jinn aren't ghosts.

The Jinn were worshipped prior to Muhammed. All the way back to Sumer, where they were referred to as the Abgal.

Harte

The thread title promised a Muslim interpretation of ghosts.

Jinn aren't ghosts.

The Jinn were worshipped prior to Muhammed. All the way back to Sumer, where they were referred to as the Abgal.

Harte

In summary: We as muslims (humans and jinn) believe that when we die we will live in the grave and be questioned about our beliefs either being punished or not, waiting for the end of times untill every human and jinn is dead and then Allaah will bring us back to life and we will be judged based upon our beliefs and deeds and the muslims will go to paradise and see their creator and the disbelievers to hell and never see their creator and some muslims will also go to hell for a certain amount of time, because of sins etc. And those who did not know about islam will be tested on the day of judgement.

So we do not believe in our souls wandering the earth and causing paranormal things (this is basically what ghosts are isn't it?).

We only believe in the jinn who are invisible for human eyes and also created to worship Allaah the creator of heavens and earth alone and we believe they are the ones causing paranormal activities some people may encounter.

I call them Jinn, and if you want to call them ghosts, shadow people, demons or any other name than that's up to you.

And i know they were worshipped prior to the Prophet Muhammad and this is also stated in the quran in Surah al-jinn (chapter the jinn) and that is why he called those who whorshipped the creation to worship the creator of the universe and everything in it.

Listen to it here:

Quran - Surah al jinn

And if somebody took offence of me saying the disbelievers go to hell then i can understand why, but they really shouldnt take offence. Why? Because every belief system says the other is wrong. The christians say the muslims go to hell. The jews say the christians and muslims go to hell. The atheists say we'll see black and be non-existent etc.

I don't really take offence when somebody from another religion tells me i'm going to hell, but yea this is another discussion, just wanted to clear that up.

In summary: We as muslims (humans and jinn) believe that when we die we will live in the grave and be questioned about our beliefs either being punished or not, waiting for the end of times untill every human and jinn is dead and then Allaah will bring us back to life and we will be judged based upon our beliefs and deeds ...

That is also the Christian interpretation - no such thing as ghosts. Can't speak for the Jews on this myself, though.

I don't believe in Ghosts. But I don't believe in Jinn either. Or pretty much any other magical fantasy.

I don't really take offence when somebody from another religion tells me i'm going to hell, but yea this is another discussion, just wanted to clear that up.

I dion't take offense either. In fact, I'm quite often told to go there!

Harte

• Like 2

Only in the name of Allah ( BismAllah PBUH) can protect you from Shaytan (Satan.) Here is how you protect yourself everywhere you go.

My god, will humanity never realise that as long as people follow a religion we will never see peace, unite or evolve as "one". I often ask myself how in this day and age people can still fall for this dark ages crap. How can people still not understand that there are hundreds of different religions, all claiming to be the "correct" version of events and praise the "correct" prophet, god, etc whilst claimkng all other religions are false. Look at all the scum killing innocent people across the globe in the name of some imaginary character and book. ITS PATHETIC! ALL religions should be outlawed, the world would be a much nicer place with people believing in mankind rather than following instructions and blighting their lives trying to please some pathetic cartoon character.

My god, will humanity never realise that as long as people follow a religion we will never see peace, unite or evolve as "one". I often ask myself how in this day and age people can still fall for this dark ages crap. How can people still not understand that there are hundreds of different religions, all claiming to be the "correct" version of events and praise the "correct" prophet, god, etc whilst claimkng all other religions are false. Look at all the scum killing innocent people across the globe in the name of some imaginary character and book. ITS PATHETIC! ALL religions should be outlawed, the world would be a much nicer place with people believing in mankind rather than following instructions and blighting their lives trying to please some pathetic cartoon character.

So this is your solution for world peace. Ban all religions. How are you going to do that? Kill the majority of the world who does follow religion? How can you believe in mankind when mankind believes in religion? Be reasonable and come up with a normal solution, even in an "intolerant" islamic state we do not ban all religions.

Atheists also claim all religions are false, so you're not very different from us are you. Have you even took the time to study religion and history properly or are you just becoming emotional now? What's the point of living as an atheist and building up a nice world if you believe we'll die and be non-existent?

And don't you believe in evolution? The strong survive don't they? Well let me tell you this; islam is very strong and it will survive wether you like it or not...

God is not a cartoon character, you should be thankfull for the life and existence God gave you and worship him alone. The brain we had a thousand years ago is still the same as now and some choose to follow religion with it and others not and some just live without really thinking and follow like sheep...

How do you want people to listen to you if you sound so arrogant and mad with a picture of throwing religions in the garbage without really giving them solutions? Don't follow religion and all our problems will be solved? I don't think so... only in your fantasy world maybe.

Also read this: Sacred Freedom. Western Liberalist Ideologies In The Light Of Islam by Haneef Oliver

https://archive.org/details/SacredFreedom.WesternLiberalistIdeologiesInTheLightOfIslamByHaneef

It will give you a better understanding of why we believe what we believe as muslims.

Edited by muslimexorcism

When the whole of Dunyea (Earth) is a willing slave to Allah (pbuh), then peace will reign.Islam is the fastest growing Religion due to higher fertility rates, and disenchanted Christian conversions.

Thanks to Islam distractions like drugs, and even music will be the thing of the past while we give thanks five times a day, and other servitudes to the owner of everything.

When the whole of Dunyea (Earth) is a willing slave to Allah (pbuh), then peace will reign.Islam is the fastest growing Religion due to higher fertility rates, and disenchanted Christian conversions.

Thanks to Islam distractions like drugs, and even music will be the thing of the past while we give thanks five times a day, and other servitudes to the owner of everything.

There is no peace in slavery - only suffering of the slave. Subjugating others by imposing "servitudes" in the name of God is an abomination and crime against humanity - if God wanted slaves he would not have endowed us with free will in the first place, it is man who wishes to have power over and enslave other men, that's all I see when I read this kind of thing regardless of which faith spouts it.

• Like 5

That is also the Christian interpretation - no such thing as ghosts. Can't speak for the Jews on this myself, though.

I don't believe in Ghosts. But I don't believe in Jinn either. Or pretty much any other magical fantasy.

I dion't take offense either. In fact, I'm quite often told to go there!

Harte

When someone tells me to go to Hell, I properly should take offense and depending on the circumstances I very well may. This doesn't mean I think there is a Hell, but to assert someone should go there is scummy.

Interesting Video (haven't watched all of it yet)

* snip *

The first women that was talking was mentioning that the jinn was strangling her. It brought back a memory from when i was a child when they told me that a jinn was strangling a family member of mine in our home in Morocco. Didn't really give it much thought back then.

Also brought back another recent memory. I was having a conversation with my cousin and we started talking about the jinn. He asked me is it allowed to say it if you saw one? I said I don't know some people don't care they just tell. So he told me he saw one in the shower when he turned and it left very quickly. I have no reason not to believe him. He described it as a black jinn, what the americans call shadow people.

I could tell you some other experiences people whom i know had in Morocco. It was a one time experience of a guy (not related to me) who saw two women talking when he went in the night to get water (village in Morocco), he said something to them. They were talking in a language he could not understand and looked at him and after that they left. So he lost sight of them (mountains) and followed them (seconds later) in the exact same direction they went and he saw nothing after that, as if they disappeared in thin air. He became sick after that experience, The imam of the mosque told him they were discussing if they should kill him and they decided not to. I'm still questioning myself how would this guy (the imam) know that if he wasn't there.

Also my father's grandpa used to see them at night in the village when he would give water to the olive trees or whatever you call them (you'll see a lot of those when visiting Morocco), he saw them gather in a circle with a fire in between. That part of the village was really scary at dark.

I myself had an experience in Morocco as a child while on vacation when it was slightly dark. Don't know if it was a djinn or not. We were running after this Dog and hitting it with stones, may Allaah forgive us for that. Moroccans are mostly hard people so that's what we did for "fun". So we were running after it and there was this big pile of sand, we lost sight of it for a few seconds and when we arrived on the side there was nothing. The only logical explanation i have is that it jumped over the wall but i doubt it, because that would be unexplainable itsself. Why? There was this big cactus thing in front of the walls we had and we would have at least seen it jump over the wall because it was a matter of seconds. And also if it could jump walls, it would have done so earlier when we were beating it for some time with stones. it wasn't in the cactus thing also. How high can dogs jump? I don't think it could have made it. The other (intruding) dogs we beat up couldn't in broad daylight.

I feel sorry for all those dogs we used to beat up, may Allaah forgive us.

I'm not making this up. If i were i would have come up with some better stories, trust me... I have no reason to disbelieve anyone who told me some of these stories but i understand those who do.

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted video

So this is your solution for world peace. Ban all religions. How are you going to do that? Kill the majority of the world who does follow religion? How can you believe in mankind when mankind believes in religion? Be reasonable and come up with a normal solution, even in an "intolerant" islamic state we do not ban all religions.

Atheists also claim all religions are false, so you're not very different from us are you. Have you even took the time to study religion and history properly or are you just becoming emotional now? What's the point of living as an atheist and building up a nice world if you believe we'll die and be non-existent?

And don't you believe in evolution? The strong survive don't they? Well let me tell you this; islam is very strong and it will survive wether you like it or not...

God is not a cartoon character, you should be thankfull for the life and existence God gave you and worship him alone. The brain we had a thousand years ago is still the same as now and some choose to follow religion with it and others not and some just live without really thinking and follow like sheep...

How do you want people to listen to you if you sound so arrogant and mad with a picture of throwing religions in the garbage without really giving them solutions? Don't follow religion and all our problems will be solved? I don't think so... only in your fantasy world maybe.

Also read this: Sacred Freedom. Western Liberalist Ideologies In The Light Of Islam by Haneef Oliver

https://archive.org/details/SacredFreedom.WesternLiberalistIdeologiesInTheLightOfIslamByHaneef

It will give you a better understanding of why we believe what we believe as muslims.

Ok first I would stop religious text being taught as standard in schools and educate children as to how the universe was really created and evolution and how man was searching for answers before the practice of science and came up with some crazy explanations.

Manking has advanced so much I the last 60 years and has been able to discover many things about life, the universe, the human body, physics etc. How can anybody shun that information and instead revert to some medievil crap that is completely unbelievable?

Life is simply about living and hoping to leave this place better than you found it.at least thats what peaceful societies believe. Life is not about pleasing some cartoon character in the hope of meeting your virgins etc in the afterlife. What a selfish way to live. It is a shame that people cannot come back to life for 5 minites after death just to let you all know there is nothing.

As far as the worlds problems being solved if their were no religion, I think it would at least go a long long way to stopping the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people each year. Lets take islam for instance if it werent to exist how many people would have not beem mutilated and killed bombs or had their heads brutally removed? The idea that anybody whi denies the existence of their phrophet must be killed is absurd. Ive seen children made to behead people in the name of allah.

There are all kinds of bloodshed all over the world at present all rooted in religion. Its like "my dad can beat up your dad" pathetic playground stuff.

The brain may be the same as 1000 years ago but 1000 years ago we thought that the earth was flat and that the gods were angry when a flood or famine occured. We didnt know any better and without answers made a story to fit.

We now know most things, how and why they occur. To ignore the facts and continue to practice a middle ages religion seems like people dont have the brain power to see whats staring them in the face.

.... it is man who wishes to have power over and enslave other men, that's all I see when I read this kind of thing regardless of which faith spouts it.

If the 'goal' of organized religion was the enlightenment and salvation of humanity then forcing others to accept various rules/regulations/dogmas would not be necessary. No, I personally think the 'goal' of most organized religions to be political in nature. Anything used to restrict the personal freedoms of others in the name of God or State is not a good idea....history strongly supports this.

• Like 1